2018-19 Coaching Changes | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Coaching Changes

madison

Record Breaker
she also said that Zhenya and Polya weren't leaving :laugh: I don't think she wants to be the one to spill it :biggrin:

No, she didn't say they weren't leaving, she said that she will let them to speak for themselves.... it was obvious from her answer, that they are leaving (I'm talking about the Periscope video)

Sorrento

Record Breaker
This is really strange. A few days ago there was an interview where Elizabeth stated she did not regret leaving Eteri, now what happened?

hanca

Record Breaker
This is really strange. A few days ago there was an interview where Elizabeth stated she did not regret leaving Eteri, now what happened?
Nothing happened. Turnsynbaeva trains with Tutberidze every off season. My guess is that they are coming back to Russia to visit relatives and as she trained with Tutberidze in the past, it was easy for to arrange that she can train there while they are in Russia.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Hate to be that person but TSL said that it was BOrser (or the team) suggested she leave.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hate to be that person but TSL said that it was BOrser (or the team) suggested she leave.

Someone has to tell the rest of us what TSL is saying, so thank you for your service;)

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I realize I'm a bit late but this isn't what the quote was, she was misquoted. She said she doesn't regret representing Kazakhstan.

fierysky

Rinkside
Honestly, the switch is not surprising. If she was leaving, there's not a lot of options for her to go. Eteri is very logical and fitting. She's hasn't stopped going there even when she was with BOrser, and would train there during off seasons or times when (believed to be) she had to leave Canada for visa purposes and visiting family.

As for the TSL thing, if it is true, I don't think it was as cruel as "Yah we don't want you here anymore. BYE!!" type thing, but a genuine, "this partnership is not working. We tried, you tried, but at this point it is likely better for all sides to find a coaching team with a better fit". I've always been under the impression that Turnsynbaeva enjoyed the Eteri style of coaching more, and there were indications that BOrser was not happy with all the tanos and rippon she liked doing. She also liked to do run throughs after run throughs, where BOrser talked about trying to get her to do less but with better quality. The signs were always there, I think this is just a natural progression. This might be better for her actually, since I think she'll be happier. And how often was she in Canada anyways. She doesn't seem to be at TCC as often as the others even in the beginning (visa issues? financial issues?).

Sorrento

Record Breaker
https://www.zakon.kz/4681466-10-faktov-kotorye-vy-ne-znali-o.html

"Я решила, что снова буду выступать за Казахстан, потому что, очень его люблю. И до сих пор не жалею о своем решении."

Unless it's some totally different interview.

The article you quote is dated 2015. The one I've been reading was taken after the Olympics 2018. The funny thing is now the text is changed. It had a question if she ever regretted leaving Eteri (they asked that in connection to Evgenia Medvedeva recent leave) and she said no. Now this question is not there anymore. Wows.

TGee

Record Breaker
Honestly, the switch is not surprising. If she was leaving, there's not a lot of options for her to go. Eteri is very logical and fitting. She's hasn't stopped going there even when she was with BOrser, and would train there during off seasons or times when (believed to be) she had to leave Canada for visa purposes and visiting family.

As for the TSL thing, if it is true, I don't think it was as cruel as "Yah we don't want you here anymore. BYE!!" type thing, but a genuine, "this partnership is not working. We tried, you tried, but at this point it is likely better for all sides to find a coaching team with a better fit". I've always been under the impression that Turnsynbaeva enjoyed the Eteri style of coaching more, and there were indications that BOrser was not happy with all the tanos and rippon she liked doing. She also liked to do run throughs after run throughs, where BOrser talked about trying to get her to do less but with better quality. The signs were always there, I think this is just a natural progression. This might be better for her actually, since I think she'll be happier. And how often was she in Canada anyways. She doesn't seem to be at TCC as often as the others even in the beginning (visa issues? financial issues?).
This ...

fierysky has covered just about all my musings and background on Lilabet's situation.

Brian and the TCC team articulate a philosophy of letting the skater come to see something themselves rather than "telling" or "directing" ...

Whether it's goals for next jumps vs improving GOE on current ones, training style etc. Brian has basically said that he has his ideas about the best strategic and day to day approach but he wants senior skaters to see it for themselves.

And I recall that at the outset it was his preference that she do one more year as a junior to get more JGP experience, but either she or her federation were committed to moving he to senior asap.

I too recall an interview in which Brian said straight out that he was hoping for Lilabet to do fewer run through so she would commit to doing the ones she did cleanly.

But I believe he attributed the drive to do repeated run through to her background as a violin prodigy rather than to having trained at Sambo 70

However it is though, if she fundamentally believes that it's the best training approach for her needs, it's best that she give it a go if Eteri is willing.....

icetug

Medalist
And how often was she in Canada anyways. She doesn't seem to be at TCC as often as the others even in the beginning (visa issues? financial issues?).
And that's why she could have been told to decide if she would train more regularly or leave. It's difficult to be responsible for a skater as a coach while the skater doesn't appear at the rink for months...