MIYAHARA Satoko - Music: Song for a little sparrow
3Lz-3T under review
FCSp4
2A
3Lo x
CCoSp4
StSq4
LSp4
Satoko delivered! This is the best SP of the season for me. I just love the sophistication and the amazing details in the choreography. And that Step Sequence is a joy!
Score: 76.76, in 1st! If she is clean in the Free she has a real chance to win again with the 8 points of advantage over Rika! Well done

rachno2

Record Breaker
She is not dead yet, folks :coffee:

I'm not too worried about Rika, unless those boots are a real problem......then I'm worried. Hope she gets everything sorted out :pray: Either way, her spot to Worlds should be guaranteed at this point.

So so happy for Wakaba. She had the performance of the night energy-wise. Explosive and infectious. :dance3:

I loved Mai and Satoko's skating most of all. Kaori's jumps were magic. Mako and especially Marin hurt me :(

Basically, I love the Japanese ladies :luv17:

lzxnl

Final Flight
Being a few points/placements back after the short isn’t an unfamiliar place for her to be this season.

Rare mistake on a non-3A element, though.

Her score is still only a point short of her NHK skate though. If she follows that script, she still wins. Look how high her PCS was despite the fall and the 2T. Imagine a clean FS.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Satoko matured into a beautiful lady with very 'regal' carriage and presence for me, I love watching her just move and grace the ice with elegance. I think that she and Kaori represent a very high quality of skating and performance, while Kaori's jumps are looking bigger and whole movement more speedy and 'free', Satoko for me has more detail and nuance put into her skating/performing ability, more structure as for interpretation. Both amazing regardless of what I prefer and in their respective talent:bow:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I would have given it to Kaori on jumps alone, but her short program isn't nearly as good as Satoko's, so that's alright. Rika can come back....if she will I have no idea, because there seem to be boot issues. As long as Japan has enough intelligence they will send her to Worlds, no matter if she even podiums here. At least she doesn't have huge pressure now, which might help. Skate of the night goes to Wakaba for me, I hope she can deliver a clean free and we will see her at least at 4CC! Disappointed...well, I don't if that's the right word, I kind of expected it, but Marin....what are you doing? And Mako, this could've been your Nationals to make a stand. Well, what can I say....I expected a bit more from this. Still was more entertaining than most Grand Prix events, this one!

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
nothing wrong with an uphill climb for rika but those boots... if they fall apart on her i swear :dev2:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Final results: Protocol

1.宮 原 知 子 Satoko Miyahara 76.76 Q
2.坂 本 花 織 Kaori Sakamoto 75.65 Q
3.三 原 舞 依 Mai Mihara 72.88 Q
4.樋 口 新 葉 Wakaba Higuchi 72.63 Q
5.紀 平 梨 花 Rika Kihira 68.75 Q
6.横 井 ゆは菜 Yuhana Yokoi 66.27 Q
7.川 畑 和 愛 Tomoe Kawataba 64.66 Q
8.青 木 祐 奈Yuna Aoki 63.72 Q
9.山 下 真 瑚 Mako Yamashita 62.94 Q
10.細 田 采 花 Ayaka Hosoda 61.41Q
11.長 縄 和 奏 Wakana NAGANAWA 60.14Q
12.白 岩 優 奈 Yuna Shiraiwa 59.99 Q
13.松 原 星 Araki Matsubara 59.27 Q
14.竹 野 比 奈 Hina Takeno 58.14 Q
15.大 庭 雅 Miyabi Oba 57.08 Q
16.荒 木 菜 那 Nana Araki 56.23 Q
17.本 郷 理 華 Rika Hongo 55.93 Q
18.本 田 真 凜 Marin Honda 52.75 Q
19.十 倉 日 和 Hiyori TOKURA 51.98 Q
20.三 宅 咲 綺 Saki Miyake 51.41 Q
21.籠 谷 歩 未 Ayumi KAGOTANI 51.09 Q
22.中 塩 美 悠 Miyu Nagashio 50.86 Q
23.渡 辺 倫 果 Rinka Watanabe 50.47 Q
24.永 井 優 香 Yuka Nagaii 49.59 Q
25.竹 内 す い Sui Takeuchi 47.79
26.磯 邉 ひな乃 Hinano Isobe 47.69
27.佐 藤 伊 吹 Ibuki Satoh 46.75
28.新田谷 凜 Rin Nitaya 44.81
29.加 藤 利緒菜 Riona Kato 41.99

Danny T

Medalist
Well well well, who said JSF dumped Satoko now :)))

Super worried about Rika though. There's an awful lot of footages showing she's trying to fix the boots :( she just needs to medal to make it to all the teams, so pls pls pls pull through :(

Interspectator

Record Breaker
The last group had some problems, but Wakaba and Satton delivered under pressure. Stunning performances, and deserved standing ovations
I think the tech panel was lenient on the combos today. --In other settings the TES may have dropped.

Kobe sisters also were as perfect as they could be, so I'm really happy about that! :luv17:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Drawing of FS is done. For the last group:

Yuhana
Rika
Wakaba
Mai
Satoko
Kaori

in this order

lzxnl

Final Flight
I agree, the tech panel are being nice today (as comparing to the harsh scoring for jr. ladies nationals)
Indeed; I personally thought Rika K's 3F was UR (hence why she couldn't add 3T), although honestly she might have been better off going for a 3Lz-3T again. I was quite relieved when they didn't dock her more for that.

Satoko's 3Lz-3T looked seriously questionable on at least one of the jumps. The lutz surely, the toe loop possibly.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The final group is going to be dramatic as hell so I'm watching, but when your favorite is in 18th... :( :( :( Aargh why do I have poison (=cactus) at both RusNats and JpNats...

Danny T

Medalist
I still have no idea why Wakaba continues using the flip in her SP. That's the definition of insanity - doing the same thing and expect different results. One loop and she'd probably be in top 3 right now.

sk8ath

On the Ice
I still have no idea why Wakaba continues using the flip in her SP. That's the definition of insanity - doing the same thing and expect different results. One loop and she'd probably be in top 3 right now.
She occasionally pops her edge jumps which is more costly in SP.

Weetos

Final Flight
Tried looking at the results page with google translate, hilarious. 'Three original dance' in third. Poor Rinka Watanabe just comes out as 'Ferry.' And apparently Kaori's name is more than google can manage so it just gave up :laugh:

Thanks for putting the full list here!

Danny T

Medalist
She occasionally pops her edge jumps which is more costly in SP.

That's not wrong, but her flip will always get called. The technical panel today is extremely lenient, and she still ended up with a (!). I mean, with the very strong current field, I don't think it's wise to throw away points like that. Of course I'm not her team, but really, as a fan I'm irritated.