2018-19 Japanese National FS Championships Men's FS | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese National FS Championships Men's FS

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Oh no!!! I missed it. I tried to stay awake... Wait, DAI GOT SILVER??!? So is he going to WC then?

Danny T

Medalist
I have some doubts regarding scores for sure, but yay Keiji medalled! Shoma did great in face of the injury (they bandaged him backstage, yikes). And Uncle Dai medalled, yet again! Surely a redemptive skate from the 5th place in 2013. And very, very impressive considering he just had a four-year retirement! The Veteran renaissance year indeed :yahoo:

tzazu

Medalist
Shoma, please, take care after this, rest and hope he will be ready for Words:pray:

rachno2

Record Breaker
Dai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:
I miscalculated the time and slept through this. Japanese Nationals has not been my friend :laugh:
But poor leprechaun Kazuki :(

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Turns out Shoma sprained his ankle in morning practice (warm-up) on the day of the SP (interview now)
He thinks it will take 2 weeks for full recovery, so "no problem for Worlds."

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Well I am a bad fan set my alarm for the last group. Congrats to Sho, Dai and Keiji! My feed was so bad it was hard to really watch live. When I was watching Dai I got a bunch of
characters across the screen for about 1 minute. Looking forward to the videso. I can't believe Dai won Silver, Sheesh. :yahoo:
and so proud of Shoma for fighting through his injury and giving a great performance. :luv17:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well despite the fact the medal ceremony is coming up I'll have to head off, it's nearly midnight in Aus and I ahve to get my shut eye!

Goodnight and Merry Christmas to all!

Congratulations to Shoma, Dai and Keiji on their medals!

Sad we won't see Tomono's Riverdance at Worlds, can he maybe go to 4CCs?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Don't understand a word of this interview, but the interviewers are sure excited! One just popped up outta nowhere! Guess she didn't want to miss her chance to interview Dai!

Yeah, that was cute!

Podium ceremony starting now.

CaroLiza_fan

champs

Final Flight
Don't understand a word of this interview, but the interviewers are sure excited! One just popped up outta nowhere! Guess she didn't want to miss her chance to interview Dai!

The second interviewer hosted a sports news program on this same TV station where Dai was the reporter after he retired, they were colleagues.

lady_bee

Medalist
I absolutely adore Dai. One of my favorites of all time and I still think he deserved gold in Vancouver.

But I'm not sure that performance deserved 2nd, and the probable Worlds spot. I don't think anyone else delivered especially strongly such that we are in "wuz robbed" territory, but I just felt there was a fair amount of deference scoring in play here. Maybe if I went back in scored I'd feel different, but that's just my gut feeling rn.

I understand your feeling; however, I also understand why they wanted Dai to be 2nd:rolleye:(sorry, Keiji. I like you, but you are so unreliable. )

Zhafiraiha

On the Ice
I don’t think I’ve seen Shoma smile this much. Also, him admitting his short height was pretty funny [emoji38]

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Sad we won't see Tomono's Riverdance at Worlds, can he maybe go to 4CCs?
I’d send Kazuki to 4CC and Daisuke to Worlds but since Keiji finished higher than Kazuki, I’d think he’d get the 4CC slot if there’s even a 4CC spot available. :think:

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
They'll announce the teams for Worlds in about an hour. I must go to bed now, g'night all! :bed:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Please be reminded that, since Daisuke does not have TES minimum, he will have to earn that in case being sent to WC (and so far we don't know the list of team Japan as the list won't be announced right away by the end of men's FS competition)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I understand your feeling; however, I also understand why they wanted Dai to be 2nd:rolleye:(sorry, KeijiI like you, but you are so unreliable. )

I so wanted at least one of Keiji, Tomono, --or anyone to really throw it down and skate in a way that said "YOU HAVE TO SEND ME!" since no one did, Dai gets the silver by default.
It happens sometimes.

I wish that Dai had skated his LP better though, I'm sure he does too.