2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Yeah, yeah I tried a couple of times to bring some critical views in "Japanese", "Canadian", and "US" threads with the same result: immediate aggresive response by multiple regulars: "why are you bringing negativity to our threads? - go back to the Russian one".

Well, perhaps it starts with one person samkrut. Perspectives are always good. ''shade'' for ''shade sakes'', isn't.

millie

Medalist
I am curious which team is stronger - Japan or Russia. Japan seems more stable. But potentially you have EVgenia and Alina back in fighting form. With the rise of Wakababy I wonder if Kaetlyn's days are numbered on the podium Kaetlyn has to beat the third Russian and three Japanese ladies to get a medal if Alina and Evgenia battle for gold. so for the upcoming season if you accept Evgenia and Alina have two spots out of three who is the third Russian. Sotskova? Radinova? Tsurskaya? Liza T? Anna P? Konstantova? (spelling)

Well Team Canada was the strongest this season, so will never know, Russia and Japsn May have a chance this year. Anything can happen..
People thought that Kaetlyn’s day were numbered on the podium in the 2017-2018 season and look what happened there. Who’s to say that she won’t do it in 2018-2019. With regards to the young Russian skaters that are coming up, not only Kaetlyn has to face them but also Alina and Zhenya. So really no one knows.🙂. There was supposed to a Russian sweep on the podium this season but it didn’t happen.🙂

russianfan

Match Penalty
I would have loved to see those bookmakers bets on this past season. How did his bets pan out? 🙂

Pretty well, I guess, but I think Evgenia had slightly lower coefficient for winning Olympics than Alina (meaning Evgenia had higher chances).

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Look, I didn't even like Evgenia before, nor her skating.... yes, maybe she's not a natural star in the sense you see once and cannot forget her, but she is the kind of star who earns public respect in time, and this is something more valuable than one time show.
I think her public will be very loyal to her over the time, no matter what.
And her skating became more mature this season, more emotional (maybe because of her personal grown and acknowledgement).
The main issue with her is that the flutz isn't called... And that also works with the word "Artificial" used. The issue isn't even that she flutzes, but it not getting called despite being so blatant and obvious. And this is something I'm saying as someone who's considered Medvedeva to have been my favorite senior skater since she entered seniors until this season. Not that Medvedeva's the only one who doesn't get stuff called. Looking at the top skaters, none is a full package and nearly everyone has serious flaws in my eyes. This has been a pretty down era in ladies' skating in my eyes but it seems like the judges are trying to paint the era in a more positive light or some such...? The only skater during this time in juniors and seniors who in my opinion didn't have significant flaws is Alexandra Proklova.

The good news is that this seems to finally be changing with some truly talented juniors but I wish they could eventually enter seniors in a slightly more favorable landscape. Right now just about everyone's getting 75+ PCS for who knows what reason and that's a difference a skater can't really make up for with their own ability.

There was supposed to a Russian sweep on the podium this season but it didn’t happen.🙂
In which event? Surely no one considered Sotskova a podium skater? There never was supposed to be a Russian sweep. Just #1 and #2, which is exactly what happened. During the Olympic season, prioritizing Worlds over Olympics seems off.

Azikin

Medalist
I bet it will be fight between between Gubanova and Panenkova for #3 spot

P.S. But I hope Tsurskaya will give a good fight too

The question is, if they're willing to give the 3rd spot to Eteri's girl as well.. politics will play a big role, I guess.. But I also hope Polina will rise from the ashes and fulfill her potential...

Grin

Medalist
Well Team Canada was the strongest this season, so will never know, Russia and Japsn May have a chance this year. Anything can happen..
People thought that Kaetlyn’s day were numbered on the podium in the 2017-2018 season and look what happened there. Who’s to say that she won’t do it in 2018-2019. With regards to the young Russian skaters that are coming up, not only Kaetlyn has to face them but also Alina and Zhenya. So really no one knows.🙂. There was supposed to a Russian sweep on the podium this season but it didn’t happen.🙂

FYI This tread is about ladies. Skater Boy was obviously talking about ladies too

Grin

Medalist
The question is, if they're willing to give the 3rd spot to Eteri's girl as well.. politics will play a big role, I guess.. But I also hope Polina will rise from the ashes and fulfill her potential...

If the 3rs spoit shouldn't be given to Eteri's girl, I'll give it to Gubanova (if she is in good shape)

russianfan

Match Penalty

And now that Buyanova has 3 potentially strong skaters, it will be quite hard for Eteri girls to snatch third spot as well, considering politicking. Would like to see Panenkova/Tsurskaya proving me wrong though! Especially Tsurskaya, girl, enough struggles!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
And now that Buyanova has 3 potentially strong skaters, it will be quite hard for Eteri girls to snatch third spot as well, considering politicking. Would like to see Panenkova/Tsurskaya proving me wrong though! Especially Tsurskaya, girl, enough struggles!

I'm not sure I'd call Buyanova's skaters strong per se -- Radionova has not found her potential under her coaching, and now the Fed knows that Sotskova doesn't fare well at the end of the season (for two seasons in a row)
Really, Gubanova needs to fix those ugly jumps. But Buyanova doesn't fix jumps it seems

russianfan

Match Penalty
I'm not sure I'd call Buyanova's skaters strong per se -- Radionova has not found her potential under her coaching, and now the Fed knows that Sotskova doesn't fare well at the end of the season (for two seasons in a row)
Really, Gubanova needs to fix those ugly jumps. But Buyanova doesn't fix jumps it seems

Thats why i said "potentially". They all have high potential. And now that Buyanova has 3 such skaters chances are higher that somebody of them will have a good season.

millie

Medalist
FYI This tread is about ladies. Skater Boy was obviously talking about ladies too[/QUOTE

Yes this is the Ladies thread and I was responding to a post about ladies and a comment Skater Boy made about the Teams. Alina, Zhenya and Kaetlyn..are ladies...so therefore I am on the right thread..thank you for reminding me.,🙂🙂

Grin

Medalist
Yes this is the Ladies thread and I was responding to a post about ladies and a comment Skater Boy made about the Teams. Alina, Zhenya and Kaetlyn..are ladies...so therefore I am on the right thread..thank you for reminding me.,🙂🙂

So, in your eyes team Osmond, Daleman and the 3rd Canadian lady (sorry, can't remember her name) is better than team Zagitova, Medvedeva and Sotskova? In what way?

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
There was supposed to a Russian sweep on the podium this season but it didn’t happen.🙂

Literally no one expected Sotskova to be on the Olympic podium instead of Kaetlyn/Carolina/Satoko. Like, literally nobody.