2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 453 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Who were the wonder 4? I only started following juniors 2 years ago. I'm so sad that I did not. I only watched what was on tv and not streaming.

The 4 ladies of the JGPF 2013-2014?
Medvedeva
Sotskova
Sakhanovich
Proklova

For what it’s worth 3 out of the 4 are still skating and half made it to the Olympics.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Proklova's jumps didn't look wrong to me at all. They have decent height and distance. I think her problem was not rotating fast enough, kind of similar to Karen Chen. If she were not injured, she could probably keep most of her jumps without a difficult 3-3. Her injury didn't even allow her to do pairs :-(

Proklova was my favourite of the wonder 4, even though I very much doubt her jumps would have survived puberty. Gosh, sometimes figure skating is so cruel. From the wonder 4, only one truly went on to do everything we expected.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Proklova's jumps didn't look wrong to me at all. They have decent height and distance. I think her problem was not rotating fast enough, kind of similar to Karen Chen. If she were not injured, she could probably keep most of her jumps without a difficult 3-3. Her injury didn't even allow her to do pairs :-(

That was my feeling too. She was such a talent. What was her injury? Back? Hip? What a shame for her because I like her better than the other four.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
I’m probably in the minority here, but out of the four wonders my fave was Masha, then Proklova. I liked Sima’s jumps but not the rest of her skating, and Zhenya wasn’t anything special in comparison back then, I did like her “Ballet Russe” SP though.

Poor Masha, she’s never stopped growing, even though she’s 18 now and like 5’ 10”

lavoix

Match Penalty
I’m probably in the minority here, but out of the four wonders my fave was Masha, then Proklova. I liked Sima’s jumps but not the rest of her skating, and Zhenya wasn’t anything special in comparison back then, I did like her “Ballet Russe” SP though.

Poor Masha, she’s never stopped growing, even though she’s 18 now and like 5’ 10”

I like tall skaters.

Acrobatically, Masha went downhill after Panova.

Serafima, I sort of predicted she wouldn't end well. Her technique on jumps was just terrible.

Proklova was a massive loss indeed. Wasn't she trying out pairs but then her injury didn't help?

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Don't remember where her injuries were, but some folks here mentioned it was "career ending" injury and she might not be able to walk properly for the rest of her life. That was before she tried pairs. So it seems she recovered to some degree but had to quit pairs later.

That was my feeling too. She was such a talent. What was her injury? Back? Hip? What a shame for her because I like her better than the other four.

skatenewbie

Medalist
i guess if there is more than 10 russian skaters in top 24 SB list this season then we will have one of them getting 1 GP only next season. top 24 SB is guaranteed only 1 but always end up with 2 but next season it might happen one/few of them end up with 1.

moriel

Record Breaker
i guess if there is more than 10 russian skaters in top 24 SB list this season then we will have one of them getting 1 GP only next season. top 24 SB is guaranteed only 1 but always end up with 2 but next season it might happen one/few of them end up with 1.

Russia can get no more than 18 spots, which means 9 skaters with 2 spots.
Which means that if we have more than 9 ladies, someone will have 1 or none spots.

I am pretty sure that they will force skaters to skip GP or retire if such thing happens, to ensure the best ones actually get 2 spots.

siela

On the Ice
not a busy week. :scratch2:
Nebelhorn: Alina
JGP: Alena, Vika
Local: Elizaveta Berestovskaya and Sofia Samodelkina, Anna Tarusina and Sofia Muravyova.

oh!
one more: 2nd Event of St. Petersburg Cup (Sep 24-28)
Entries: https://vk.com/doc2086071_476972722?hash=21094ae30b7aebcbfc&dl=5077374969e425233c
MC: Gulyakova, Leonova, Fedichkina
KMC: Moroz, Dmitrieva

There is another competition happening this week on September 27-28 'Figure skating competition dedicated to the 'Sambo-70' birthday'.
There are no starting orders yet, but I fully expect all healthy Sambo-70 skaters to be there. Which means Akatieva, Zhilina etc.
The schedule can be found here: http://ffkm.ru/images/files/018-19/2018-09-27_Sambo70/DR_Sambo70_Timetable.pdf

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Which means that if we have more than 9 ladies, someone will have 1 or none spots.

I am pretty sure that they will force skaters to skip GP or retire if such thing happens, to ensure the best ones actually get 2 spots.

I want to agree with you but I would think that the ones most likely to be forced off would be Konstantinova, Radionova, etc. Except... they've got influential TAT love or coaches...

skatenewbie

Medalist

it can't be no spot because they are GUARANTEED 1 spot so thay have to have 1 spot at least. yeah they will give 2 spot to the best maybe 8 and split the rest maybe depend on how many ladies end up in top 24 SB

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
it can't be no spot because they are GUARANTEED 1 spot so thay have to have 1 spot at least. yeah they will give 2 spot to the best maybe 8 and split the rest maybe depend on how many ladies end up in top 24 SB

No spots if RusFed forces them to skip the season or retire...

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
Im not totaly sure about this but I think that to get invited to a GP one have to state an intention to participate in the GP series. Applying for isu competitions are allways done through the fed (a individual cant just register for any isu event on their own). Therefore I assume that stating wheter or not to participate on the GP also have to go through the fed. Therefore it should be perfectly possible for the russian fed to only allow 10 of their skaters to state an intention to participate on the GPs even if there are more russians on the top 24. The skaters who is not allowed to do GPs could still do JGPs (assuming under 19yo) and/or CS. They could of course also do national competitions like the russian cup

Shayuki

Record Breaker
First she injured her heel and then the actual career-ending injury was to her back.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BeSsxI_HCjC

There is another competition happening this week on September 27-28 'Figure skating competition dedicated to the 'Sambo-70' birthday'.
There are no starting orders yet, but I fully expect all healthy Sambo-70 skaters to be there. Which means Akatieva, Zhilina etc.
The schedule can be found here: http://ffkm.ru/images/files/018-19/2018-09-27_Sambo70/DR_Sambo70_Timetable.pdf
Thank you! Indeed, I recall Akatieva was skating here last year. Hopefully she will this year as well. I'm also looking forward to seeing many of the other younger skaters.

katymay

Medalist
It's so sad. Proklova was pretty much the perfect skater. Flexibility, skating skills, spins, artistry. Actually, I still don't think there's anyone at her level in these categories, even after all these years. Kamila Valieva's the closest candidate, if she gets the skating skills... But it's a tall order. If you look at this step sequence for instance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbfylNpo3iI&t=84s It still stands out.

And also, Proklova being an actual ballet dancer...

That is a tragedy. She was wonderful. Same sort of power skater as Samodelkina. I hope the powers to be learned something from her injury, as in, how to avoid it in the future.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Tarakanova was assigned to Ljubljana, while Trusova is now on the last event, along with Kanysheva.