2018 Autumn Classic Intl Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Autumn Classic Intl Free Dance

LaArdilla

Medalist
Warm-up group 2! WeaPo look amazing, but why why the white dress? It's gorgeous, but not really visible against the ice.

Whoa, that crash looked scary!

believed

On the Ice
Haha Ted just read an email asking him if he groans internally when he hears another tango!

LaArdilla

Medalist
TED HAS JUST READ MY E-MAIL ON AIR!!! He is coming to my hometown, Krakow, Poland, to travel to Ostrava for JGP.

Go S/F!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
4 Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUS CAN

65.38, 3rd after the SD
She in midnight blue cutout dress, Shane with white shirt, black blazer
Earned It" by The Weeknd; cover of the Michael Jackson song, "Dirty Diana," by Michael Jackson; covered by Weeknd; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil

stationary lift
twizzles - 3 sets good ice coverage/decent speed
rotational lift
no-touch step -
sliding movemanet
circular step
curve lift — he needs a bit more curve on his blade
spins- kind of awkward exit
straight line step
choreo spin
choreo lift

Early days with this FD and clearly they’re trying to show a departure from their past programs, but I’m not quite buying the “hot and passionate” aesthetic they’re going for.

There was some pretty strong technical elements though. They have a solid skills base.

100.86 FD 166.24, total (1/4)

Last edited:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Soucisse / Firus

I felt that the program was stronger in the first half than the second half. They have really secure lifts and Firus has very good presence on the ice. The choreo through the sliding movement was quite innovative too. The second half lost a bit of edge quality and difficulty through the footwork sequences, and the musicality was a bit choppy near the end but the first half was very strong.

I think they should consider changing the costume for Soucisse. It feels more like a throwaway gymnast outfit that doesn't match well with Sirus's very classic look.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU CHN
63.57, 4th after the SD
she in green dress, he in blue and black ombre shirt
"Meant" by Elizaveta

straight line lift —cool flip entrance, this team’s height difference makes for some cool lifts
twizzles —three sets, good ice coverage and speed
circular step -
spin
no-touch step - to the melody, not the beat
straight line step
rotational lift
curve lift — interesting entrance out-
choreographic slide movement-
choreo lift

Decent skate.
Ted raves about the team. I agree they've continue to improve. I would say they are the first time to really express the music they skated to.

101.49 FD, 165.06 (2/5)

Last edited:

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
That first lift where she kicked her leg up on to his shoulder and he flipped her over into a lift. WOAH.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Wang / Liu

For better or worse, their program had a lot of lifts. They had a brilliant entry into the straightline lift to open, and in general their lifts are stronger than their footwork. They lost a little bit of the speed and edge quality in the last minute or so of the program. I think that Liu has a problem with hunching forward with his back at times, but they are still the strongest pair from China I've seen. I think they can work on having more difficult steps between elements, but they have improved under their coaches' tutilege so far.

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
Beatles is an interesting choice especially with The on and off lyrics. Clear higher movement quality than the last 2. Don’t like the costumes though, and i’m always worried about the no over the head lift rule so idk?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
That's quite a short dress Olivia's wearing.

I like the program, though I think the "Let It Be" part at the end isn't as good as the preceding sections. Too bad that its being the Beatles means that you won't be able to watch any performances of this program on YouTube.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Olivia SMART / Adrian DIAZ ESP
67.35, 2nd after SD
A Day in the Life" by Jeff Beck; "Something" by The Beatles; "Let It Be" by The Beatles; choreo by G. Coumoyer, M. F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon

She in white nightgown dress w/ blue men’s-stle shirt, he in grey shirt and black pant

straight line lift — really cool flows entrance
twizzles- 3 steps —
stationary lift -
no-touch step
spin
choreo step -
straight line step
curve lift—
slide movement
chores lift

This team sure loves their men and woman programs, but this one has some potential to have nuances. The lifts look great.

Leave it to Ted to interpret Olivia wearing that outfit to have coffee and read the paper lol.

104.06 FD, 171.41 (1/6)

Last edited:

LaArdilla

Medalist
Can this kind of costume be comfortable? The flying shirt would just drive me insane! But strong skate for Olivia and Adria!