2018 Europeans Ladies FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Ladies FS

Globetrotter

Medalist
I'm glad you know Kostner is only capable of bronze.

Of course that’s the case with the PCS inflation. Try convincing people that Zagi or Zhenya will get those PCS if they represent say Georgia. I love both of them for different reasons but I really dislike how PCS scoring is being awarded.

Globetrotter

Medalist
I think too, that they will give Med the Gold if she skates clean.:think:

Not sure of that. Zhenya is not skating at her usual natural emotive quality, probably due to competitive rustiness. Not sure also how Alina’s PCS is getting to 9s when artistically she isn’t quite there yet and her SS still lacks the smooth glide and deep edges and ease of speed changes that to me are more important than difficult tricks. May the cleanest and best performance win.

Jana

On the Ice
Gold for Aline, please.
I am not a fan of Med. I don't like her programmes - they are still the same - same style of dress, same elements. Nothing new. And also I don't like how she enters each jump. She should bring something new.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Uggh, the suspense is killing me! Why couldn't they put the ladies finals first like USN??? I have a feeling Alina will win and have so much momentum going into the Olympics that she will steamroll into the OGM.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Hope that Sotskova will ditch her helicopter arm. Judges don't give her insane GOEs anyway. Sadly she surely will end 4th again , even if she's clean and Kostner bombs.

Inego

Rinkside
I wish for clean skate from all the skaters of last group, that will be the real deal.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Hope that Sotskova will ditch her helicopter arm. Judges don't give her insane GOEs anyway. Sadly she surely will end 4th again , even if she's clean and Kostner bombs.
she does have a chance for bronze... But that was almost same chance as Carolina gold medal... I hope Carolina can have silver with clean FS or just 85-90% clean already make me happy, kinda how Aliev almost clean got him a silver medal!

Icey

Record Breaker
Finally read up on Eteri and was surprised she lived in the United States for 6 years and her daughter was born in Las Vegas. lol Maybe her daughter could skate for the US. Does anyone know if her daughter, Diana,
does skate. I believe she is 14.

withwings

On the Ice
I have to admit that I have never been a fan of Med. My Russian favorites are Polina T and Maria S. To some extent I did find Med overscored but that's not really her fault. A lot of other skaters are also overscored. Before Zagitova I usually don't finish watching Med when she skates because I know it is usually just the same thing. She would skate clean, get high scores and then win.

That said, this time however I am rooting for her^^ I hope she skates clean though I can sense she's not 100% back yet. Whatever the results i am glad she's back.

Olympics will really be interesting.

I do feel exactly the same- Medvedeva does not touch my heart, and not at all. Empty skate for me. Artificial feelings ( and I read she said she was taking an acting classes), a little theatre, nothing from the heart. She might be good technically ( and certainly is) but, unfortunately, I am not watching figure skating in order to analyze technical abilities of a skater. For me figure skating is... a touch of something uplifting, touch of some other world, an expression of the unity of body soul and spirit.... Music! A music where a figure skater is a music instrument. Anyway- all the best to her. Though, it is hard to me to watch her programs to the end so empty and artificial they seems to me. Either she is a champion or not it, it does not matter. I do not watch a champion for champion's sake, I watch a figure skating.
MHO

Winry

On the Ice
Finally read up on Eteri and was surprised she lived in the United States for 6 years and her daughter was born in Las Vegas. lol Maybe her daughter could skate for the US. Does anyone know if her daughter, Diana,
does skate. I believe she is 14.

She move to Ice Dance with partner Fedor Varlamov
They compete at Santa Clauss cup in december but finish 6th. Not a spectacular team but still young

Crystal7

Final Flight
I do feel exactly the same- Medvedeva does not touch my heart, and not at all. Empty skate for me. Artificial feelings ( and I read she said she was taking an acting classes), a little theatre, nothing from the heart. She might be good technically ( and certainly is) but, unfortunately, I am not watching figure skating in order to analyze technical abilities of a skater. For me figure skating is... a touch of something uplifting, touch of some other world, an expression of the unity of body soul and spirit.... Music! A music where a figure skater is a music instrument. Anyway- all the best to her. Though, it is hard to me to watch her programs to the end so empty and artificial they seems to me. Either she is a champion or not it, it does not matter. I do not watch a champion for champion's sake, I watch a figure skating.
MHO

I feel so similar to you! :) Ice skating for me is truly an art, not only a sport. It's magic, emotions. And I am looking for authenticity, something transcendental there.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
before it all starts, i'm gonna call 74-75 PCS for Alina. LOL

good luck to everyone!