2018 Finlandia Trophy: ISU Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Finlandia Trophy: ISU Info

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
Fun to have both the Majorov brothers in the same comp. First ever Senior competition for Nikolaj as well! (He hasnt competed as a senior at the national level either before)
Guessing Nikolaj wants a senior result so he can fight Gabriel Folkesson (currently only one exept Alexander Majorov who has reached the TES minimum scores) for the second spot for Europeans.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
^
Brothers in arms

Yes, interesting fight for the second European spot among Swedish male juniors.

By the way, what are the minimum technical requirements? Different from last season after rule changes?

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Does anyone know how to contact the organizers or the venue? I cannot see any email on the website of either, except for the contact form on the venue's website which isn't helpful as one of the required fields wants me to select from some dropdown menu in Finnish.

ragdoll

On the Ice
Is anyone here going to pay to watch Finlandia Trophy online? I certainly won't. Every other Challenger competion livestream has been free of charge.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Is anyone here going to pay to watch Finlandia Trophy online? I certainly won't. Every other Challenger competion livestream has been free of charge.

But not every other competition had a clear high-quality feed. This one was very clear last season, just for those who didn't watch it and are considering.

LaArdilla

Medalist
IIRC last year the first day of the competition was for free (the stream, I mean). But it is true that the quality is very good indeed.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
^
Brothers in arms

Yes, interesting fight for the second European spot among Swedish male juniors.

By the way, what are the minimum technical requirements? Different from last season after rule changes?

I dont remember what is was last year (only that Folkesson passed the score for Euros/Olympics one week after the registration for olympics) but this year it is: (for Euros/4CC)
Category Short Free
MEN 25.00 45.00
LADIES 20.00 36.00
PAIR SKATING 20.00 36.00
ICE DANCE 19.00 29.00

Edit: Relalised this is the old score but they where linked at the isu website where Isu Campionships entries where described. The wikipedia page for the 2019 Euros dont say anything on the matter so it may not have been anounced yet?

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Does anyone know whether if you pay for the livestream, the stream is saved to playback that evening say (like you can with the JGP)? I can only watch Saturday live and I'd like to be able to catch up the whole thing....

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I dont remember what is was last year (only that Folkesson passed the score for Euros/Olympics one week after the registration for olympics) but this year it is: (for Euros/4CC)
Category Short Free
MEN 25.00 45.00
LADIES 20.00 36.00
PAIR SKATING 20.00 36.00
ICE DANCE 19.00 29.00

Edit: Relalised this is the old score but they where linked at the isu website where Isu Campionships entries where described. The wikipedia page for the 2019 Euros dont say anything on the matter so it may not have been anounced yet?

No, I think the plan was to wait to decide the minimums until after the early competitions this fall, as officials wanted to see how scores were falling under the new system. Seemed like we might hear the decision at some point after Finlandia but before Skate America?

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
No, I think the plan was to wait to decide the minimums until after the early competitions this fall, as officials wanted to see how scores were falling under the new system. Seemed like we might hear the decision at some point after Finlandia but before Skate America?

That seams resonable. Do you know if it still counts if you passed the old scores last season? Or does everyone have to pass the new scores this season if they want to go to euros/worlds/4cc?
Or did you allways have to pass the scores in the current season?

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
That seams resonable. Do you know if it still counts if you passed the old scores last season? Or does everyone have to pass the new scores this season if they want to go to euros/worlds/4cc?
Or did you allways have to pass the scores in the current season?

I don't know the answer to whether last year's minimum scores will count (especially if they were too low to meet the new minimums), and it's a really good question if anyone knows the answer to it. I have been wondering as well. It's likely to be important for some people. The Bulgarian & Australian dancers, for example, met their Worlds minimums right at the end of last season; and I would imagine dance minimums may go up since they haven't in some time while three additional elements have been added to the FD base value over the past three seasons. OTOH, it's usually the RD where dancers struggle with getting the minimums so it might not be an issue. Typically if an athlete meets the technical minimum the season before, it carries over so you only need to meet the minimums once every two years. (If everyone has to start from scratch, it would be an issue for Fournier-Beaudry & Sorenson, as it might take them off the table for 4CCs).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Just to remind everyone, this is the first event of the international synchro season.

Short program competition only Saturday, October 6, at 21:10

Teams competing:

FIN Helsinki Rockettes
FIN Lumineers
FIN Marigold IceUnity
FIN Team Unique
RUS Crystal Ice
RUS Paradise
RUS Tatarstan

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Does anyone know how to contact the organizers or the venue? I cannot see any email on the website of either, except for the contact form on the venue's website which isn't helpful as one of the required fields wants me to select from some dropdown menu in Finnish.

You can contact them via Facebook Messenger. They promise to reply promptly.
https://m.facebook.com/taitoluistelu

This is the Facebook link at the page bottom of the Event Website. If it does not get you to the event organizers, they should at least be able to tell you how to contact them.

http://metroareena.fi/en/sales

There are a lot of contacts on the sales page of the arena English website.

Last edited:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Does anyone know whether if you pay for the livestream, the stream is saved to playback that evening say (like you can with the JGP)? I can only watch Saturday live and I'd like to be able to catch up the whole thing....

A poster on FSU e-mailed them with this question and received a response saying they will make the stream available on-demand.