2018 Finlandia Trophy Rhythm Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Finlandia Trophy Rhythm Dance

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
That is how you claim Russia's no.1 spot in ID. Stepanova was simply stunning but boy I dont know how Bukin was able to match that.

You know.. I didn't think they'd have much competition this year. Z/G are on on their level but if S/K can continue to skate well there might be a battle at the top. I like S/B better myself. Besides.. after wishing his father would falter during the '88 games I now committed to making up for my sins. #atonement #rootfortheson

Edited to say: Z/G are not on their level.. although Tiffani's hair is hard to miss.

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
This is insane. I don’t see how they can let them skate after this, especially the pairs. It’s way too dangerous!!!

now you have me worried. I always worry for my pair girls but now... don't get hurt plucky pair ladies.

I really wish we had a stream for pairs..:curse:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Golden Skate Twitter keeping us in the loop: :cheer: for GS twitter!
Golden Skate
‏ @goldenskate
3m3 minutes ago

#MarieJadeLauriault #RomanLeGac catching confetti that comes down again before starting their Rhythm Dance at #FinTrophy. #CSFigure #figureskating
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
Golden Skate
‏ @goldenskate
4m4 minutes ago

#CarolaneSoucisse #ShaneFirus had to stop mid-performance at
#FinTrophy because there was litter on ice.
C: We kind of saw it coming, so we were prepared.
S: It gave us a break to breathe. We saw when it happened to Bukin so we knew it might be coming. #CSFigure #FigureSkating

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Married couple L/L into 4th but they beat S/F in PCS. Very close btw 2nd and 4th.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It is annoying to me how many teams seem to think Argentina is next door to Spain, for all the Carmen and Flamenco they have been combining with tango.

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
It is annoying to me how many teams seem to think Argentina is next door to Spain, for all the Carmen and Flamenco they have been comining with tango.

Hey.. people speak Spanish there.. aren't they the same place?

TMC

Record Breaker
What's with all the interruptions? Where is the confetti coming from?

Apparently a bird is building a nest up there and in the process it’s kicking loose some old confetti?

We saw it fall several times and often way before the referee saw it/stopped the competition.
It’s really distracting, but also very dangerous

LaArdilla

Medalist
Kuddos to all the teams for somehow managing the bird situation. Alexandra was not amused :D I looooove her costume, mainly the top, the skirt looks like it has been through the shredder. I loved them but wasn't it too flamenco-ish? Not much tango in that tango. Still, they are awesome. And well done to all the Gadbois teams!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Hey Doris.. what do you think of pairing the Tango with the Charleston? It doesn't seem like a natural mix to me. Like Hip hop with Blues I get ..

The tango was introduced into the US in 1911 or so and has been here ever since. It was originally a brothel/beer hall dance in Argentina.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tango
The Charleston was created in the US in the 1920's or so. Like the tango, part of its roots was in African dance. So I can definitely see a 1920's partner tango paired with a 1920's Charleston, again set in a dance hall or bar kind of atmosphere (conceptually, of course)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charleston_(dance)#20s_Partner_Charleston

So while it might not be my number one choice as a pairing, you could make a program that did not insult everyone's intelligence, and that would not make them chitter chatter about the pairing rather than about the dancing.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
I don't understand this overenthusiastic scoring for S/B. 9s, really? Am I missing something? Maybe they have speed but they seem super average to me otherwise and I don't think they have pretty lines.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I don't understand this overenthusiastic scoring for S/B. 9s, really? Am I missing something? Maybe they have speed but they seem super average to me otherwise and I don't think they have pretty lines.

With the favored teams getting like all 10’s now low 9 is the new 6. Plus they got really horrible uncompetitive GOE. Only 2 +5. That’s so bad. P/c and h/d are going to get 40 +5.