2018 Grand Prix Final Pairs Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 Grand Prix Final Pairs Short Program

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I'm torn between loving the high school drama club aesthetic and thinking the music is not good enough to justify the costumes.

Hmmm. It's a conundrum

GGFan

Record Breaker
This Z/E program is very 90s ice dance but it kinda works in that at least I stay awake while watching them so I get to notice their skating skills

oly2018

Final Flight
This program is just...wow. Every time I see it, I am shocked by how strange it is, but then somehow manage to forget about it until I see a brick wall in a cape and a chess piece on the ice.

rachno2

Record Breaker
At this point, I’ve seen this program four times already, so I’m not as distracted by the weirdness as I was before. I still find the choreo and costumes extremely tacky, but they performed it with a lot more conviction than usual, which I respect. The quality of some of their elements is great, too

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The literal swordplay just kills me. In a bad way. I like them, but this programme... :noshake: Not even in a “so bad it’s good” way.

I was just about to ask if the swordplay was really necessary.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ugh, those SBS spins, so bad.

All the other elements very good, though. Should go behind the Chinese, definitely; I'm not sure where the judges put them relative to James and Cipres.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I always crack up when I watch this program

:laugh:

because it's just so stupid. It's like the farce version of every Medieval Movie Epic Ever Made.

:drama:

Then I remember that they mean it to be taken seriously.

:dumb:

Then I laugh even more.

:laugh15:

A definite candidate for The Camp Hall of Fame.

champagnerain

Final Flight
I found their costumes and mimed swordfighting so distracting that I couldn't even enjoy their elements. :sarcasm:

Lota

Record Breaker
Well, I'll be the sole person to like the program then, and I do actually like unironically, tacky as it may be. Happy they did well :biggrin:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The triple twist was huge and the throw jump was solid, so credit there.

It's an interesting program, I don't hate it or love it :laugh;