2018 JGP Ostrava Ladies Free Skate | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ostrava Ladies Free Skate

Mawwerg

Final Flight
J9 wasn't impressed at all. Her only +3 was to Seoyoung's first combo. All other marks to all elements of all skaters are no more than +2.

frida80

Record Breaker
The miracle that is needed to have an all Russian JGPF ladies is that Anna Tarusina wins next week and Anna Tarakanova scores 197 at the same competition. Or Tarusina needs a score of 201 next week as a silver medalist. For context Tarusina scored 186 at her prior competition. It's very unlikely either could happen.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Yes. I watched Sima, Yulia, Gubanova and many others. Pattern is the same. BTW you already told me that she will be fine in Ostrava already.

And she won gold. She looks sick, probably has a cold. Still was first and landed all of her jumps cleanly other than one pop and a fall. Not like Yulia or Sima who seemed physically fine but still couldn't land their jumps due to weird technique. I love Yulia and Sima but their jumping technique was everything but optimal. Sima's jumps are very wild and Yulia relied on rotational speed too much instead of getting a lot of height. Puberty hit them hard. Alena is going through puberty right now, you can see it, she looks much more mature than either Sasha or Anna and her jumps have a lovely technique. Her Lutz almost has a delayed rotation, she got more height on her 3T than on the 3F in the combo. Her technique is solid and even when sick, she manages to squeak out a win. It's not about the number of mistakes you make. (and even if it was, she's still the most consistent of the current junior skaters) Alena has a lot of qualities and I'm sure you'd fail to give me even one logical argument on why she's going to fail in your eyes. No offense, but you just don't think. You emote. And that's a problem because you don't use logic at all.

And after this very long post that's probably been just a waste of my time spent on you're senseless trolling, I'm out of this discussion (if you even call it this).

Maybe it's time for Anna T. to show what she's achieved in learning quad.

Anna Tarusina can do a QUAD?:eek:

Normally I'd love Alyona more than Sasha (am the art>sport person), but that fierce look of determination when Sasha skates is mesmerizing, and those quads are amazing. I'm just going to say I love them both, and then my very biased self loves my Korean darlings a wee bit more :laugh:

I admire Sasha's determination but I just can't get into her program. Her jumps excite me and some of her transitions are just incredible but... well, I'm art > sports all the way so I don't get too much from her skating. I love Alena the most from all current junior girls and Anna in second. The Korean girls really surprised me this season, I didn't know them a lot before. Yelim is incredible, though. As is the Korean girl who was in Linz... Haein Lee I think?

Mawwerg

Final Flight

She worked on it as I believe every almost every skater in that group. But currently only Berestovskaya tried it in competition and it was complete fail(it was counted as 3T not even 4T<< and so also zayaked her planned 3T).

Fluture

Record Breaker
@Fluture yes Haein Lee :luv17: she'll compete again in Ljubljana

Yay to that! She was so wonderful! I would have loved to see her on the podium but maybe she can make it in Ljubljana? Sorry for my ignorance but who are the other top skaters apart from the Russians? Maybe she could fight for the bronze!:pray:

Fluture

Record Breaker
She worked on it as I believe every almost every skater in that group. But currently only Berestovskaya tried it in competition and it was complete fail(it was counted as 3T not even 4T<< and so also zayaked her planned 3T).

Oh, I saw Berestovskaya's attempt and if I hadn't been told before I watched it, I wouldn't even have recognised the 4T... to me it looked like a slightly overrotated 3T and apparently it was scored like that as well. :slink: But kudos to her for being so gutsy. Tarusina and her don't seem like quad persons to me, however. Just don't seem to get enough height on their triples.

pearly

Record Breaker
Korea only has two spots for Jr Worlds this year. That's too bad, but it will make them fight for it harder.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I admire Sasha's determination but I just can't get into her program. Her jumps excite me and some of her transitions are just incredible but... well, I'm art > sports all the way so I don't get too much from her skating. I love Alena the most from all current junior girls and Anna in second. The Korean girls really surprised me this season, I didn't know them a lot before. Yelim is incredible, though. As is the Korean girl who was in Linz... Haein Lee I think?

Haein is lovely, isn't she? I am thoroughly biased here, I know, but in all honesty our ladies are really great. :laugh: Yelim with her soft delicateness, Young with her charm and expressiveness, Haein with her energy and liveliness, Seoyoung with her grace and elegance, Jihun with her dramatic musicality... And that's just our juniors! If darling squirtle Eunsoo hadn't moved up to seniors I'd be writing a thesis on how everyone should love her :laugh:

katymay

Medalist
I love Sasha Trusova and quads are quads, but seriously, if Alyona is sidelined then I'll lose it. Her musicality and artistry is gorgeous, and her skating is so solid. Honestly, if I had to choose between Anna S and Alyona I'd choose Alyona in a heartbeat (with Sasha I'll never be able to decide), Anna S is great in her own right, but Alyona is great in every way.

I can't imagine them sidelining Alyona, she is one of the best in the world. Usually. Not today, I don't know if she is sick or injured, but she wasn't herself today. I love them both equally. And Anna too.

leoleo

Medalist
Yay to that! She was so wonderful! I would have loved to see her on the podium but maybe she can make it in Ljubljana? Sorry for my ignorance but who are the other top skaters apart from the Russians? Maybe she could fight for the bronze!:pray:

tbh i only follow the Rus/JPN/KOR junior ladies in general so idk about the rest. For the japanese girls competing there, there's Rion Sumiyoshi who went from 7th in the SP to claiming the bronze medal in Canada and Tomoe Kawabata who has HUGE jumps but struggled to land them all at her first assignment. It's gonna be an exciting competition for me. I like all the russian, jpn girls there + Haein (i'm not familiar with the other KOR girl)

Fluture

Record Breaker
Haein is lovely, isn't she? I am thoroughly biased here, I know, but in all honesty our ladies are really great. :laugh: Yelim with her soft delicateness, Young with her charm and expressiveness, Haein with her energy and liveliness, Seoyoung with her grace and elegance, Jihun with her dramatic musicality... And that's just our juniors! If darling squirtle Eunsoo hadn't moved up to seniors I'd be writing a thesis on how everyone should love her :laugh:

You really can be proud of your ladies! They are really wonderful and a force to be reckoned with in the future (and already), I think. My favourites in juniors are Haein and Yelim! Eunsoo is lovely as well. :)

leoleo

Medalist
Korea only has two spots for Jr Worlds this year. That's too bad, but it will make them fight for it harder.

I seriously hope Tom's team will work on You Young's UR issues until then cause it's pretty serious tbh

MalAssada

Medalist
If you ask me which junior I like the most, I will answer Sasha.
If you ask me which junior I consider the best, I will answer Alena.

So, really, I want those two on the podium, everywhere. But I don't care much for a third lady, so all I'll hope for is that it's a good battle for the bronze. Really happy for Yelim Kim, I hope to see her on JGPF.

SXTN

Final Flight
J9 wasn't impressed at all. Her only +3 was to Seoyoung's first combo. All other marks to all elements of all skaters are no more than +2.

J9 is from South Africa. Maybe nobody has told her that the GOE range has changed. :laugh2:

frida80

Record Breaker
Wow! Alyona looks amazing with her hair down. It's too bad she can't wear it that way for her FS. It makes her look even more Juliet-like.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

Well, yeah, Berestovskaya's didn't even look like a 4T. But even if it was... quads aren't even allowed in the sports 1 category, where she was competing. So it would've been invalidated.
I'm crossing my fingers for some generous judging in Slovenia to match great skating, and for Tarusina to win, with Tarakanova silver with 197+. Tall order, but a girl can hope.

kimi492

Final Flight
I’ve been at the hospital all day so it’s so nice to come home and see that Yelim got second (almost 1st!)
Has she made it into the final yet? Is it at all possible for Rion to make it?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
J9 is from South Africa. Maybe nobody has told her that the GOE range has changed. :laugh2:

With the ISU considering usb sticks too new fangled and technical, email is probably out of the question and the passenger pigeon has yet to arrive there.

marieclaire85

Rinkside
And she won gold. She looks sick, probably has a cold. Still was first and landed all of her jumps cleanly other than one pop and a fall. Not like Yulia or Sima who seemed physically fine but still couldn't land their jumps due to weird technique. I love Yulia and Sima but their jumping technique was everything but optimal. Sima's jumps are very wild and Yulia relied on rotational speed too much instead of getting a lot of height. Puberty hit them hard. Alena is going through puberty right now, you can see it, she looks much more mature than either Sasha or Anna and her jumps have a lovely technique. Her Lutz almost has a delayed rotation, she got more height on her 3T than on the 3F in the combo. Her technique is solid and even when sick, she manages to squeak out a win. It's not about the number of mistakes you make. (and even if it was, she's still the most consistent of the current junior skaters) Alena has a lot of qualities and I'm sure you'd fail to give me even one logical argument on why she's going to fail in your eyes. No offense, but you just don't think. You emote. And that's a problem because you don't use logic at all.

And after this very long post that's probably been just a waste of my time spent on you're senseless trolling, I'm out of this discussion (if you even call it this).

Agree with pretty much everyying you said... I think Alena does have one of the the cleanest jumping techniques out of all current Russian junior wunderkinds and she is most likely to survive puberty.

I too value art greatly and I think Alena is more of a complete skater with amazing skating skills, artistry, maturity, polish and elegance . I didnt really appreciate Sasha Trusova very much last season in that regard apart from her incredible jumps because I felt her movements didn't mean much but this season she looks more polished and her movements don't look as childish as they used to, so I am beginning to like her more and am starting to get excited watching her skating.