2018 JGP Yerevan Ladies Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Yerevan Ladies Short Program

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
She didn't looked nervous. That program was skated better than at her first JGP.

To each their own, I suppose, but this program doesn't feel as good a vehicle for her as some of her previous ones, whereas Kanysheva's I think suits her very well (also she has had it for longer)

Arbitrary

Medalist
No, she cannot. Repeating jumps will give her zero points.
She can do six or seven triples and will have to add doubles in combos.
No quads means minus 25-30 points and the result may be below the 3rd place.
Trusova has a huge safety pillow.
When healthy, she can do tons of quads. If she is not feeling well, she can replace them with triples and still win easily.

neusw

On the Ice

???? Nobody’s talking about literally replacing the quads with the same jump as a triple and getting zero points for repeating jumps. That would be idiotic. Sasha’s all triples layout has higher base value than everyone she’s competing against, and she gets higher GOE on her jumps+has better consistency. She’s not falling to third unless she has a Zagitova-at-worlds moment.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I’m not a huge fan of Trusova’s short, not sure it really fits her. The jumps of course were great but I’m not convinced of the choreography. I really loved Kanysheva’s short. She lost a little on levels and her combo wasn’t in the 2nd half, so no bonus. I think she was undermarked on PCS, I would have her first on that element. Very impressed with the young Georgian girl.

Azikin

Medalist
I’m not a huge fan of Trusova’s short, not sure it really fits her.
I think it fits her perfectly, even more than last season's program (it's less childish and I also like the costume better).

Arbitrary

Medalist
We don't know her current health state.
SP as it was she looked like thinking what to do before every jump. Almost lost her ballance with that cantilever...

Safe way would be to adjust on the fly according to all others performances before her. Easy at the penultimate starting position.
Even if she loses FP to couple of others she is qualified for the Final.
???? Nobody’s talking about literally replacing the quads with the same jump as a triple and getting zero points for repeating jumps. That would be idiotic. Sasha’s all triples layout has higher base value than everyone she’s competing against, and she gets higher GOE on her jumps+has better consistency. She’s not falling to third unless she has a Zagitova-at-worlds moment.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker

even if she does no quads (which I doubt) knowing Sasha it'll be something like this:
2A
3Lz-3T
2A
3S
---
3Lz-3Lo
3F-2T-2Lo
3F

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
To each their own, I suppose, but this program doesn't feel as good a vehicle for her as some of her previous ones, whereas Kanysheva's I think suits her very well (also she has had it for longer)

Nana had this SP last season. And she scored better.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Nana had this SP last season. And she scored better.

Hmm. Well, I'm not sure. But I feel like anyone who uses this will automatically be compared to Mao, and I'm not sure that's a good thing for someone in juniors. It will only emphasize where she is weaker than Mao (naturally she is because Mao did this at, what, 25? 26? and Nana is 16) and bury her strengths. Dress could also be a factor.

Hopefully she will do well in the free.