2018 Nebelhorn Trophy Ladies Free Skate | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 Nebelhorn Trophy Ladies Free Skate

andromache

Record Breaker
I’m a lurker, not a poster...but I just have to ask if I’m really the only one who hates Alina’s program? And thinks that she can’t come anywhere close to selling Carmen? What a disappointment.

I totally agree. Very sloppy and rushed, no sense of actual character. Some of the body positions she hit were fairly awkward and not pretty.

The jumps look worse than last season.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sad for Mariah :sad21: The program is lovely and her dress gorgeous, but she really struggled with jumps today..

I love this music! "Divenire" by Ludovico Einaudi and "Experience" by Angèle Dubeau & La Pietà

TechPanel

Rinkside
Yeah...last year’s free program was special. This is garbage. I like Alina a lot and never want to watch this again.

moriel

Record Breaker
Yeah...last year’s free program was special. This is garbage. I like Alina a lot and never want to watch this again.

If i was you, i wouldnt be so categorical. Last year's program is the program she skated for 2 years, so it got a lot of mileage and polish.
Maybe you should wait how this will look at rusnats, for example, or at least at GPF, before saying you never want to watch it again.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
What I am thinking is that this is work in progress for Alina artistically. I'm sure she will grow in her interpretation of Carmen. As I said I just wish they'd given her something other than the two most over used warhorses in the history of ever.

hortensja

On the Ice
To me the problem is Carmen. It's so overdone that one never feels like it's original and special and I would have liked Alina to have a special program. But that is just my opinion.

And it's used a lot because people think it's an easy theme and it's quite on the contrary. Not anyone can be Carmen, not anyone is Ksenia or Madison Chock. And especially not a young girl.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
13 Loena HENDRICKX (BEL)

Music: Differente by Gotan Project

Dark red dress, lacy sides, open back

3Lz+3T - ok, bit tight, maybe 3T<
3F
2A
3Lz
CCoSp
StSq
3F+2T+1Lo - bit wobbly
2A - fall
3S+2Lo
LSp
ChSq
FCCoSp

Some smaller mistakes, but overall nicely skated

FS: 69.26+64.40-1.00 = 132.66, 204.16, 3/13

jillredhand

Record Breaker
You know, everyone's been talking up Loena for the last couple years, and i haven't cared about her, like, at all. But hot damn, this competition has made me reassess that. Even with the couple errors, Loena was a real standout this competition! Will def be paying much more attention to her from now on.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
She lost a bit of steam there at the end. I hope that's enough for bronze and the podium.

moriel

Record Breaker
What I am thinking is that this is work in progress for Alina artistically. I'm sure she will grow in her interpretation of Carmen. As I said I just wish they'd given her something other than the two most over used warhorses in the history of ever.

I think its fine, actually.
It could be worse, it could be a tango.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Loena is so spirited and such a performer. Love her so much...but not a fan of the program yet. But I always side-eye tangos. They are difficult to do right.

Ziotic

Medalist
I honestly just don’t understand Alina scores

Other than 3Lz3L she is IMO nothing special.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Remember how Alina's program looked at test skates, and look at it now. She improved so much in such a short time. Her performance will just get better and better over the season, don't worry. And you can tell she was the one who wanted to skate on Carmen, she really enjoys it, and that's what makes her performance even more captivating for me. :luv17: