2018 Nebelhorn Trophy: Ladies' Pre-game Chat | Golden Skate

2018 Nebelhorn Trophy: Ladies' Pre-game Chat

Who will win gold?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Alina vs. Marin - that's going to be interesting if we forget about the last season and all Alina's titles. Hope that both of them will show their best.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I'd very much include Mai in that, who I think would be capable of beating Alina if the latter has a bad day. I do think this comp will be more Alina vs. herself, though, and I expect her to be very solid.

Ziotic

Medalist
Loena for the podium!! I hope her new programs are as unique and suited to her as last year.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Alina vs. Marin - that's going to be interesting if we forget about the last season and all Alina's titles. Hope that both of them will show their best.

What do you mean? Marin doesn't even have 3Lz-3Lo, does she? And she is usually another one of those skaters who makes at least one mistake. Although... Alina is not the consistency model either. But I think the podium will be Alina, Mai, Marin/Loena.

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
I think Mai will be a more direct competitor to Alina than Marin...

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
What do you mean? Marin doesn't even have 3Lz-3Lo, does she? And she is usually another one of those skaters who makes at least one mistake. Although... Alina is not the consistency model either. But I think the podium will be Alina, Mai, Marin/Loena.

Marin was JWC and she won over Alina when they first met during 2016 JGP. So, their showdown may become classic for the years to come. Once again, if we interpolate the last season no one stand any chances against Alina now that Zhenya is "playing a long-term game" and Kaetlyn is taking a leave of absense. But interpolation might not work as Alina grew 8 cm since Korea and there were multiple rumors and even not rumors but Eteri's own words that it has not been easy for her. I am concerned as I remember quite well how Elena Radionova grew over the summer and everything became very different.

Mai's skating never inspired me so that I would prefer Marin to win not Mai.... But, of course, I will root for Alina. Clean or near clean skating with a safe score margin over competition will help her tremendously to build the right momentum for this season.

Seruleane

Final Flight
Hoping the first outing will be a great one for Alina! Judging from her ice shows and test skates this summer/fall, I am suspecting she may have some more difficulty in the beginning of the season, but still hoping she overcomes her nerves, and gets stability for her jumps. I think she still has what it takes to reach the top :thumbsup:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alina was scratched from her first competition, so she may not be in optimum shape....

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
It's a bit suspect that Zagitova's team and coaches wouldn't have her papers in order when all the other Russian skaters did, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. It will be surprising to see her not be in first place. Marin Honda is the only one who could challenge that top spot if she's on.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Alina was scratched from her first competition, so she may not be in optimum shape....

She wasn't scratched, she had to withdraw because there was a mistake with her papers. And I don't see why that's so hard to believe, travel documents are picky, and I think both Polina and Stanislava live with their parents, so it's probably easier for them to make sure that theirs is right, and more importantly, easier to fix errors before flying.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
But interpolation might not work as Alina grew 8 cm since Korea and there were multiple rumors and even not rumors but Eteri's own words that it has not been easy for her. I am concerned as I remember quite well how Elena Radionova grew over the summer and everything became very different.

That's really the worst way to grow. Better to grow 5 cm in 2 years (You almost don't feel the changes) rather than 8-10 cm in six months. It's like to wake up and suddendly have a new body.

IMO the competition will be Alina Vs Mai.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Marin’s SP looks very good! I’m excited to see it in competition. But not sure she can compete in terms of jumps with Alina and Mai. She should get high PCS, her skating is beautiful. Mai too has some nice basics but I always think there’s something missing in her programs. Let’s see what she shows here.
Alina will be interesting to watch, how prepared she is now? I hope she does better than in test skates, she should. Her FS somehow is the better program imo so I’m excited for that. In the test skates it looked a bit unfinished perhaps, so I’m expecting some changes. Her SP on the other hand... I think that was it, unfortunately.
Oh, and the costumes!!! Curious to see what Alina will wear for her programs! I expect red/black for Carmen and probably black/white for POTO? But she could innovate, who knows!

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Rooting for Alinka to have a great competition that will bring her "calmness" (how she stated in her interview after the test skates) before the GP. She has all the skills needed, just needs to control her nerves and show her best. :cheer: I am very excited to see her costumes, too. :luv17:

It will be very interesting to watch Mai and Marin, too, and I would love to see Loena on the podium here. :thumbsup:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My wish: Mariah Bell shows up like Tarakanova with a new program and slays her naysayers!!!!