2018 Olympic Season: Ice Dance | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Season: Ice Dance

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
It looks like skating politics are against the Shibs this season.

I'm a bit intrigued. Why would you think that ? It's still USA vs USA in this case. Why politicking ?

Plus the Shibs SD received constantly massive scores - considering the judging at the TE, even their 75 was good.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I want to be prepared. Can you please finish that sentence?

Lol I don't even know what I'd do, haha...
Also how am I supposed to watch without the Twitch streamer? I don't have money or the NBC app because money...

Am I the only one not looking forward to "Sex on Ice" take 5 million...?

Lol I don't even know what I'd do, haha...
Also how am I supposed to watch without the Twitch streamer? I don't have money or the NBC app because money...

Am I the only one not looking forward to "Sex on Ice" take 5 million...?

There's many other streams available. I kept posting them but it seems people prefer to hear Tara and Johnny babling.
there's here, for all the events until now : http://www.hahasports.co/
If it doesn't work, there's others too.
Google finds them quickly usually...

blackey

On the Ice
it's funny I've seen so many people claim v/m have the most ridiculous fans ever while none of them come out and refute it.
v/m fans think v/m are better so they live in their own world, while p/c fans think p/c are better because it is just correct? lol

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
it's funny I've seen so many people claim v/m have the most ridiculous fans ever while none of them come out and refute it.
v/m fans think v/m are better so they live in their own world, while p/c fans think p/c are better because it is just correct? lol

I hope you realize how you make yourself look right here. This is just out of left field. And it is a fact that on goldenskate P/C have been more harshly criticized by V/M fans than the opposite. The defensiveness is real.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
The Shibutanis just made it to Dutch public television. Apparently there's been a thing on twitter since they won their medal with the team event about how inappropriate it is that a brother and sister are ice dancing together. Sheez. :drama: :palmf: Anyway, I'm very happy to see they basically told the world it's not their problem if people take issue. You go, Shibsibs!! :agree:

beki

Medalist
Ugh. I understand what T/M has that D/R doesn’t, but it’s too biased to believe Meagan and Eric should never beat them no matter how the skates go.

Blushingheart

Match Penalty

Read my post again, please. I dont mind people telling that prefer one team over another. I dont forbid liking V/M

Yes, because they get their info from skaters and way before it is announced publicly.

They make it up in their minds most of them. I wouldnt trust him too much given how he campaigned heavily for VM since the begining of the season. It's just more behind the scene politics. He thinks he has some weight in that game :laugh: How delirious.

Hew wants to create controversy even before it started so if his favorite looses he can rely on it and say "SEE ! I TOLD YOU FIRST"

I just noticed same happens before Sotchi when VM where quite sure to lose with L'Equipe BS.

LaArdilla

Medalist
They make it up in their minds most of them. I wouldnt trust him too much given how he campaigned heavily for VM since the begining of the season. It's just more behind the scene politics. He thinks he has some weight in that game :laugh: How delirious.

Hew wants to create controversy even before it started so if his favorite looses he can rely on it and say "SEE ! I TOLD YOU FIRST"

I just noticed same happens before Sotchi when VM where quite sure to lose with L'Equipe BS.

Is that fair? I don't think Dave campaigned for V/M... He just likes them, and is free to do so. He wasn't the greatest fan of the Moulin Rouge FD. He keeps saying that PC are beautiful skaters, and if they skate better, he wants them to win, and if VM skate better, they should be the ones to win. He even ordered a picture of PC painted by Aljona Savchenko's husband! :D All the way from Germany! That must be saying something, right? :D :D :D

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Is that fair? I don't think Dave campaigned for V/M... He just likes them, and is free to do so. He wasn't the greatest fan of the Moulin Rouge FD. He keeps saying that PC are beautiful skaters, and if they skate better, he wants them to win, and if VM skate better, they should be the ones to win. He even ordered a picture of PC painted by Aljona Savchenko's husband! :D All the way from Germany! That must be saying something, right? :D :D :D

Oh no, he likes both. But he did got attacked by V/M ubers (Again guys : NOT all of the fans are like this so leave me alone), after saying that he thinks P/C were going to win the Olympics before the GP series and also after Cup of China. I did notice how their narrative changed though since then, but he was way too mean to other teams and skaters that I like and I did not watch after GPF... But he has clearly set himself in a way not to frustrate people on twitter.

Also, for him nothing exists besides politicking. It's almost like the skaters aren't actually skating. It's either "If the French win ? It's Didier of course", "Shibutanis are first ? Well Marina is so powerful !", and I personnally got sick of these. He lives too much for the drama, and he does feed the critics and the nasty people on the internet. But truth is, when speaking about levels, it's only politicks when sometimes it's right in front of your eyes when someone misses something...

Vera Costa

Rinkside
Dave was all for PC's Moonlight Sonata at the beginning of the season. He only started saying it could go either way after VM's performance at Nationals. Jonathan meanwhile, is all for PC.

Blushingheart

Match Penalty
So from now on, they will be saying that it was fixed( if french win) :hslap::palmf::palmf::scowl:
I am wondering if this wasnt happedned for purpose, those rumours, because i cannot beliave someone would share news like that for real

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
While discussing TSL's tweet is fine please do not bicker or argue about it. If you think a post has stepped over the line please remember:

Report rather than respond.

If you have a poster that you wish to not the see the posts of use the ignore feature.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I have never been as torn as I am with P/C cs V/M, but will be glued to the screen for sure..

Gosh, this could be the closest event in figure skating history. It may just come down to who made a mistake who did not, but if anything.. I'd love an inspired moment of clarity like those from Aliona and Bruno's FS who just rose to the occasion and elevated themselves beyond the score... it can be another moment of incredible Olympic History.

Sentimentally I'd love V/M to claim their throne as the GOAT, Artistically but perhaps even more rarely, I am hoping for a little magic from P/C to justify why they should tip the balance. I have always had a thing for Moonlight Sonata - a guilty pleasure (it was my fav group programs from Yuna's shows, something about it is just perfect for figure skating, on that white pristine ice, tranquillity, flow, fluidity, sensitivity, finess, subtlety with the soft lyricism romantism combined.) It will be a match of fire and ice! Game of thrones.