2018 Olympic Season: Ice Dance | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Season: Ice Dance

readernick

Medalist
Whether the tweet is based on facts or not judges need to be held to a higher standard and so do officials. Didier should have been banned from skating competitions years ago. The Russian judges involved in cheating earlier in the season is in Korea. If the ISU did its job then the skaters would not need to worry about their win being corrupted. I like both teams. I just hope the team who is best wins and everyone is beautiful!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
OMG the skating order is ridiculous!!! after a WR!!!! come on...let's have a competition!!!

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Doing the math a bit in advance :

-Are we going to get Polka in 2019-2020 ? If so, Worlds in Canada will get Polka twice in row. Poor them.

-We won't have Latin or Tango at 2022 Olympics. Surely nor Finnstep either. Waltz ?

By the way does anyone knows about thr "Rythm dance" if you can miw whatever type of music you want with the required pattern music or do you have limitations as usual ?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Doing the math a bit in advance :

-Are we going to get Polka in 2019-2020 ? If so, Worlds in Canada will get Polka twice in row. Poor them.

-We won't have Latin or Tango at 2022 Olympics. Surely nor Finnstep either. Waltz ?

By the way does anyone knows about thr "Rythm dance" if you can miw whatever type of music you want with the required pattern music or do you have limitations as usual ?

Any chance of hiphop blues for next Olympics? I think that one was really great for the Olympics. Modern music, different music will be pleasing for the crowds and tv fans. Maybe get a viral moment or two. If those still exist in 4 years.

Oh and just so you know.. Polka was huge in Canada. Huge. I've read about it.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Any chance of hiphop blues for next Olympics? I think that one was really great for the Olympics. Modern music, different music will be pleasing for the crowds and tv fans. Maybe get a viral moment or two. If those still exist in 4 years.

True, blues is possibility :think:

Oh I didn't know ! My favourites SDs that year were V/M's (one of my favourite programs ever actually), and C/B's (Cirque du soleil). As long as it's not tacky I'm all for it ! :)

icetigger

On the Ice

the short dance is now the rhythm dance. There will only be one rhythm selected and the skaters and free to choose for the second. I would think that the prescribed rhythm also has to have a set pattern to it; so that's a maybe on the blues, but a no on the hip hop.......