2018 Quebec Summer Skate | Golden Skate

2018 Quebec Summer Skate

lovaticcanada

On the Ice
The list was updated as of July 9th, and we still see Julianne/Charlie on the list, so I expect to see some more withdraws.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
There is a list of participants for practices as of August 7th. Julianne and Charlie are not on it, so it seems updated. But I don't know if it would include everyone competing (actually it seems like probably not). But anyways, if someone is on should be a good chance of them actually showing up.

Liste-des-participants-aux-pratiques: https://patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/u...participants-aux-pratiques-7-aout-2018-V2.pdf

Notable names still on it

Men
- Nicolas Nadeau
- Joseph Phan (Jr)

Women
- Alaine Chartrand
- Emy Decelles
- Kim Decelles
- Sarah Tamura
- Kim De Guise Léveillée
- Emily Bausback (Jr)
- Hannah Dawson (Jr)
- Sandrine Bouchard (Jr)

Pairs
- Moore-Towers/Marinaro
- Mathieu Ostiguy (Jr, should be with Chloe Choinard)
- Benjamin Mimar (Jr, should be with Chloe Panetta

Missing: Veronik Mallet, Alicia Pineault, Matte/Ferland, Brasseur/Bardei, Ruest/Wolfe, Wang/Howe, Lauriault/Le Gac, Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen, Soucisse/Firus, Markova/Dazé...

So only one of the senior pairs and none of the senior dance teams are listed, most of the junior pairs and dance are also not there. Feels like it doesn't include everyone, then.
These pairs and dance teams all train in Montreal, so if it is something like people who payed for extra practice or anything, that would make sense.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
This is not at all on point, but I just wanted to rant. It took a full hour to get the smart TV set up to play dailymotion videos. Look, Skate Canada, Patinage Quebec, I appreciate the livestreams, I really truly do. But it is impossible to play dailymotion on anything. Please consider Youtube livestreams as an alternative.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haleth

On the Ice
Yay Joseph!! I look forward to seeing this program develop over the season.

Was that Ghislain with him? It rather looked like him.

Tanager

On the Ice
Just missed the SP. Thanks for the good updates on Joseph! :hap10:
Any other skates of note?

Tanager

On the Ice
You got me momentarily pumped, BillNeal! :laugh:
But the senior men's short is not until tomorrow evening following the junior men's long.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
You got me momentarily pumped, BillNeal! :laugh:
But the senior men's short is not until tomorrow evening following the junior men's long.

:palmf: I just assumed that part of the table referred to today, didn't even bother reading "Vendredi", after I misread both blue lines as ending with "Prog. Court." I will fix my post.

Heisenberg

Rinkside
Yay Joseph!! I look forward to seeing this program develop over the season.

Was that Ghislain with him? It rather looked like him.

Yes it was Ghislain Briand. Joseph has left his longtime coach, who he had much success with, and has joined Team Cricket.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Here's my 1080p fancam of Joseph Phan's winning SP (hopefully it won't be taken down): https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6rrize

It was such a joy to watch this performance in person; there's something magical about the way he skates. :love: :luv17: