2018 Quebec Summer Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Quebec Summer Skate

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes it was Ghislain Briand. Joseph has left his longtime coach, who he had much success with, and has joined Team Cricket.

can you give us source for this... because it's been speculation for a long time but no official announcement or source.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Thank you. We're going to see a lot of triple axels at the end of the Junior Men's short programs this season, aren't we?

he put the 3flip at the end though... and some will put the combo for even more bonus points..

peese

Medalist
Hi to all! Been a long while. Are they not archiving videos? They usually do. Fingers crossed.

TGee

Record Breaker
Hi to all! Been a long while. Are they not archiving videos? They usually do. Fingers crossed.
My recollection is that Patinage Quebec does post an archive eventually, but not necessarily during the event.

On the other hand, as with Skate Ontario and BC/YK section, they do provide highlights while we're waiting for the scores.

peese

Medalist
My recollection is that Patinage Quebec does post an archive eventually, but not necessarily during the event.

On the other hand, as with Skate Ontario and BC/YK section, they do provide highlights while we're waiting for the scores.

Thanks TGee!

Haleth

On the Ice
I have to run to a short memorial ceremony -- I'd love to hear a report on Joseph's FP, if anyone feels up to it. A score, more details, either/both is good! With luck I'll be back for the senior men.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh dear. I guess when you pop your first jump like that, it gets in your head subsequently. Skating skills still exemplary, though, and he didn't fall on anything.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I have to run to a short memorial ceremony -- I'd love to hear a report on Joseph's FP, if anyone feels up to it. A score, more details, either/both is good! With luck I'll be back for the senior men.

Joseph had a bit of a pop fest- popped an axel, a quad toe, and a lutz. But he landed everything else very nicely, it's just early in the season. He's got great knees. I think he got another 3A and 4T-3T in there, but I'm very crap at actually identifying quads versus triples, so I can't swear to that.

TES 57.30 PCS 62.60 FS: 120.90 TCS: 202.39 and first place, of course.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think he got another 3A and 4T-3T in there, but I'm very crap at actually identifying quads versus triples, so I can't swear to that.
I think he did a 4T-2T (I'm impressed he saved that 4T, he seemed bent pretty low on the landing).

Haleth

On the Ice
Thank you everyone. It was important to be on the Danforth tonight so I appreciate the commentary.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I loved Nicolas SP. He looks like a big guy, not so much as a regular figure skater. Score was not so great...

Haleth

On the Ice
How did he do? I saw the final 20 seconds or so as I was leaving the memorial. I can see his score is up: 76. 85 and the detailed protocols show something happened on the 3A and his 4T was <. Anyone have a sense of the program? I thought it was to a Sinatra song?

Sabrina

Record Breaker
He had a bit of a hard landing in his other way good 3A. The quad looked a bit tight. The combi was a 3L3T apparently it was good. The 3L was great but I don't remember if it was perfect or not. Anyway the T was not as glorious as the L.

I had I a hard time googeling Quebec summer skate, as nothig good came out, until I tried my French and tried Championat d'ete...so after peeping my eyes, not being used with French websites, I found the protocols (https://resultats.patinage.qc.ca).
What strikes me, how judges throw -5 for an under rotation. But if it's downgrade or fall, what do they give -10? I know downgrade gets a lower base value. Does that mean that the mark becomes negative?

Haleth

On the Ice
He had a bit of a hard landing in his other way good 3A. The quad looked a bit tight. The combi was a 3L3T apparently it was good. The 3L was great but I don't remember if it was perfect or not. Anyway the T was not as glorious as the L.

I had I a hard time googeling Quebec summer skate, as nothig good came out, until I tried my French and tried Championat d'ete...so after peeping my eyes, not being used with French websites, I found the protocols (https://resultats.patinage.qc.ca).
What strikes me, how judges throw -5 for an under rotation. But if it's downgrade or fall, what do they give -10? I know downgrade gets a lower base value. Does that mean that the mark becomes negative?

Thank you so much for the report Sabrina!