2018 Worlds Pairs Short Program | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Pairs Short Program

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I really hate that the judges in 2014 were so V/T crazy that they gave them virtually untouchable WR scores. It took longer than it should have for their FS score to go down; Even Stolbova/Klimov's flawless GPF skate to Man and Shadow didn't do it. 84 something is almost impossible to achieve; pairs and ladies are comparable in their scoring so imagine them having given a lady 84 something in the SP in 2014, a score so high that it still might never be broken until someone lands a 3A or something.

Well, V/T skating would still get incredibly high scores nowadays. Of course, if they still skated that well.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Allez Queen V and Morgan!! Go get the small medal!! AND A BIG MEDAL!!!

SpiffySpiders

On the Ice
The other excellent Russian pair I tend to forget about Zabiiako/Enbert - They get the job done well when they're on but do it so quietly that they sort of sneak up out of nowhere to land in among the top teams.

Part of me wants to beg for them to get a more upbeat makeover but then I remember what that entailed for their teammates so I'll just sit over here and keep silent.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
S/M won in every PCS :rolleye:

Yep. It's called Olympic champion bonus I am afraid. Still, with or without the slight inflation, the scores are very close so nothing is decided yet.
I just wish T/M would have a LP that would show their amazing qualities (like the SP does). They have the best SS and lines in the business. Why not taking full advantage of that?

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
It's not so much magic as that Group 5 Lift that was mandatory back then (I believe) and now it's a Group 3, so that's like 2.5 or 3 points or something.

Embarrassingly enough I have no idea what is the difference between a group 5 and a group 3 lift, but what you said sounds logical enough. :laugh:

Lota

Record Breaker
I think this sort of music suits them very well (last year's SP music as well), they create a really gentle, lovely atmosphere. Not everything needs to be on fire, guys.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I really hate that the judges in 2014 were so V/T crazy that they gave them virtually untouchable WR scores. It took longer than it should have for their FS score to go down; Even Stolbova/Klimov's flawless GPF skate to Man and Shadow didn't do it. 84 something is almost impossible to achieve; pairs and ladies are comparable in their scoring so imagine them having given a lady 84 something in the SP in 2014, a score so high that it still might never be broken until someone lands a 3A or something.

I don't know, I was just catching up on V/T's programs, they killed it in 2014, their twist was even higher than S/M's!

Here comes Vanessa and Morgan! Go, guys, go!