2018 Worlds Pairs Short Program | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Pairs Short Program

LadyB

Record Breaker
Natalia and Sasha, I know you're not exactly fiery, but give it your best shot, please!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
The battle for gold will be in the LP :) Very strong performances from T/M and S/M. I think T/M should win the SS portion of PCS, but the rest should go to S/M. Just IMO

S/M won in every PCS :rolleye:

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
The battle for gold will be in the LP :) Very strong performances from T/M and S/M. I think T/M should win the SS portion of PCS, but the rest should go to S/M. Just IMO

Agree. They went on SS also for S/M. But its their last competition, so maybe a bonus from the judges :agree:

Procrastinator

On the Ice
The world record seems almost untouchable, I will have to look up what sort of magic V/T put on the table in 2014 :laugh:

I really hate that the judges in 2014 were so V/T crazy that they gave them virtually untouchable WR scores. It took longer than it should have for their FS score to go down; Even Stolbova/Klimov's flawless GPF skate to Man and Shadow didn't do it. 84 something is almost impossible to achieve; pairs and ladies are comparable in their scoring so imagine them having given a lady 84 something in the SP in 2014, a score so high that it still might never be broken until someone lands a 3A or something.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Natalia and Sasha, I know you're not exactly fiery, but give it your best shot, please!

This melancholy elegance seems to suit them better than the free skate. Very Usova/Zhulin.

Jedi

On the Ice
They were already inflated to a World title, so I can't wait to see this.

In my mind in seeking fairness and justice C/L already have had their gifts and a major one - wolrd title. They don't "deserve" in fairness another medal and if anyone "deserves" it then Weapo should get silver or bronze. No one is going to touch the French - like I said she could lose her top completely and they would still win.

moriel

Record Breaker
I really hate that the judges in 2014 were so V/T crazy that they gave them virtually untouchable WR scores. It took longer than it should have for their FS score to go down; Even Stolbova/Klimov's flawless GPF skate to Man and Shadow didn't do it. 84 something is almost impossible to achieve; pairs and ladies are comparable in their scoring so imagine them having given a lady 84 something in the SP in 2014, a score so high that it still might never be broken until someone lands a 3A or something.

They actually did it in FS in 2010. Which took a while and a whole lot of backloading and tano to be broken.

smythe

Rinkside
The world record seems almost untouchable, I will have to look up what sort of magic V/T put on the table in 2014 :laugh:

It's not so much magic as that Group 5 Lift that was mandatory back then (I believe) and now it's a Group 3, so that's like 2.5 or 3 points or something.