2018 Worlds Short Dance | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Short Dance

Ice Diva

On the Ice
What an amazing competition! C/L skating to a home crowd. Finally W/P get the scores they deserve; H/D - just wow - gorgeous, sensual; P/C - I've never seen them skate with such passion. :love: The free dance should be epic :hap10:

zebobes

Final Flight
So, the way all the countries are spaced, it could theoretically be possible for France, USA, Russia, Canada, and Italy to all have 3 spots next year. And Japan or Spain to have two spots next year.

What do you guys think will happen in the free?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
It would be really good manners to celebrate the success of P/C here in the SD at worlds and not bring the Olympics into it.

V/M are probably gone from competition. P/C are now the gold standard for ID. We are lucky to have them and the many skills and talents they bring to ID.

Plisskin

Medalist
I don't see how Zach's comments were rude or even untrue. I mean, if he didn't fall they indeed would have won bronze and the Shibs would have been 4th.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
The competition was very generous overall, most teams got too generous scores but I can take it so I can be happy for my favourites. Delighted for Madi and Zach and Weapo!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
So, the way all the countries are spaced, it could theoretically be possible for France, USA, Russia, Canada, and Italy to all have 3 spots next year. And Japan or Spain to have two spots next year.

What do you guys think will happen in the free?
Spain having 2 spots would make me happy. But I really don't like S/D's FD. It makes me cringe. But I hope they do well.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Ok, I'm getting confused now :laugh:

I agree that V/M are objectively better skaters (at least in the short dance segment fer sure), if that was your original point :D Even though I was never a big fan of theirs.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
I agree that V/M are objectively better skaters (at least in the short dance segment fer sure), if that was your original point :D Even though I was never a big fan of theirs.

Oh ok, I get it. Yeah that's fine, we all have our favourites!

Lester

Final Flight
Spain having 2 spots would make me happy. But I really don't like S/D's FD. It makes me cringe. But I hope they do well.

I am not sure they can jump 2 placements in the free unless someone messes up.
But I don't want any repeat of the Spanish drama for spots of this season if they end up with just 1 spot :(

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
It would be really good manners to celebrate the success of P/C here in the SD at worlds and not bring the Olympics into it.

V/M are probably gone from competition. P/C are now the gold standard for ID. We are lucky to have them and the many skills and talents they bring to ID.
Hope V/M will continue next year ... I can't stand without them :/

msaidi

On the Ice
Davis/White are the best (people are talking about V/M so why not....)
maybe can we enjoy the competition and stop talking about who is the best off all time :/

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
It will be missing without my V/M but hope P/C and H/D will carry the flag perfectly and we can watch amazing competitions

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
When are they going to make Piper and Paul's Maple Leaf March into an official pattern dance so it can be used in competition? I thought that was happening. Tango is too much like rhumba ... I want to see stereotypical Canadiana costumes. Lots of plaid. Lumberjacks. Mounties. Hockey jerseys.

sowcow

On the Ice

Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN had their RoLi nullified.

Imagine their SD score if they had of been given credit for their planned RoLi4 (plus been given an average of +2's from the judges):
= 4.5 + 1.29
= 5.79

Plus, they would not have received the 1 point deduction for an "extra element":
= 1.0

So, their theoretical SD Score would have been:
= 74.5 + 5.79 + 1.0
= 81.29

Lester

Final Flight

Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN had their RoLi nullified.

Imagine their SD score if they had of been given credit for their planned RoLi4 (plus been given an average of +2's from the judges):
= 4.5 + 1.29
= 5.79

Plus, they would not have received the 1 point deduction for an "extra element":
= 1.0

So, their theoretical SD Score would have been:
= 74.5 + 5.79 + 1.0
= 81.29

Can't have two lifts in the SD.