2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 665 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Ah but you've got it wrong. It's mostly complaining about an Eteri skater being underscored. ;)

Mostly

Although it was mostly about Liza at Skate America

My enjoyment is ruined, regardless. I dont come here (and I'm far from the only one) to see endless complaining and conspiracy theories, they're not even supposed to be allowed... and for good reason. They are ruining the threads they are spammed in each and every week

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
This made up and ridiculous outcry everytime a Russian doesn't quite score through the roof is getting old and boring

It is ruining my enjoyment of being a part of this forum

It is just absolutely flooded with it

I am done

LOL, where to go? Most of the other places are worse than this forum ...

Let's wait for Rostelecom GP next week and see how the calls fall there ...

starla16

Medalist
She didn't double it, it was planned.

yeah coz she messed up her first 3T attempt, basically her GPF wre done after that SP
she didnt took the chance with that 73+ Anna score was beatable.

I guess her 1 season post olympics wonder curse isnt over

PrayOrDie

Rinkside
9 out 10 lutzes got called by judges during last 2 Grand Prix events.

Alena - 1
Alina - 3
Anna - 5

Ah, and i forgot, the only jump that did not get questions from the judges was Alena's Lutz at the French Grand Prix, because they put "!" on a triple flip.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Oh well

I'm genuinely stressed out, this is not a good atmosphere for me to be in. I have to leave for my own good.

So happy for Anna making the final, first one to secure her place.

colormyworld240

Medalist
Hmm, this really sucks for Anna. From the skates I watched, her lutz edge can be given an !, but I think it was unfair that Satoko and Sofia's weren't. They were just as flat as Anna's (actually Sofia's were inside).

And I know you can't compare against competitions, but Anna's lutz edge is much more outside than Alena's who wasn't given any call in the FS last GP. And of course, Anna getting the same PCS as Sasha at Skate Canada makes no sense to me, as her PE/IN is much better.

But as I suspected before any of the 3A competed, Anna is the one who would be held back relative to the others. It's such a shame as I think she's the best combination of tech and artistry. I'm all for making the fair calls, but they have to be applied to all skaters equally. Too bad for Anna, the judges have all their eggs in the other two girls' basket. It will be an uphill battle for her.

Now to make this clear: I don't think the Russians or Eteri girls are underscored as a whole. I just think Anna is pretty much underscored relative to all the other Russian ladies/Eteri girls. Alina's tech at GP France was scored with the same harshness but at least she has her PCS, Anna doesn't even have that. I think Evgenia, Sasha, Alena, Liza, and Sofia all had it easier in terms of edge and UR calls so far.

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
I honest to god don't understand why everyone thinks its a conspiracy? I honestly am glad about how the tech panel seems to work this season, mostly they are fair but strict, which is exactly what it should be. Annas edge was flat so she got the calls, since they most likely reviewed the quads and saw that, naturally they probably checked her other lutzes more closely. Why does everything have to be turned into a conspiracy?

starla16

Medalist
Hmm, this really sucks for Anna. From the skates I watched, her lutz edge can be given an !, but I think it was unfair that Satoko and Sofia's weren't. They were just as flat as Anna's (actually Sofia's were inside).

And I know you can't compare against competitions, but Anna's lutz edge is much more outside than Alena's who wasn't given any call in the FS last GP. And of course, Anna getting the same PCS as Sasha at Skate Canada makes no sense to me, as her PE/IN is much better.

But as I suspected before any of the 3A competed, Anna is the one who would be held back relative to the others. It's such a shame as I think she's the best combination of tech and artistry. I'm all for making the fair calls, but they have to be applied to all skaters equally. Too bad for Anna, the judges have all their eggs in the other two girls' basket. It will be an uphill battle for her.

Now to make this clear: I don't think the Russians or Eteri girls are underscored as a whole. I just think Anna is pretty much underscored relative to all the other Russian ladies/Eteri girls. Alina's tech at GP France was scored with the same harshness but at least she has her PCS, Anna doesn't even have that. I think Evgenia, Sasha, Alena, Liza, and Sofia all had it easier in terms of calls so far.

Anna was always the weakest link, if she falls in the quads its over. Zagitova will take her place or even Med

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Sad that Liza wont be at GPF. If she didnt botch that 3Lz and 3F in her FS she should be over Miyahara, well its too late! Im kind of surprised they give Miyahara high PCS (deservedly so), but i thought Liza will have the edge because usually Satoko got 68/69 not 72. Probably it will come down between Miyahara and Tennell now. Miyahara sure can get silver/bronze in CoR but could also place 4th, id give it to Miyahara right now
I think Liza is ahead of Bradie in the standings because she has two medals even though they have the same number of points. I can't see a world where Satoko doesn't end up on the podium at Rostelecom though, so it's a real shame.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I think Liza is ahead of Bradie in the standings because she has two medals even though they have the same number of points. I can't see a world where Satoko doesn't end up on the podium at Rostelecom though, so it's a real shame.
Nope. 2+4 counts higher than 3+3 for GPF qualification.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I honest to god don't understand why everyone thinks its a conspiracy? I honestly am glad about how the tech panel seems to work this season, mostly they are fair but strict, which is exactly what it should be. Annas edge was flat so she got the calls, since they most likely reviewed the quads and saw that, naturally they probably checked her other lutzes more closely. Why does everything have to be turned into a conspiracy?

The tech panel started 'working' only half through the GP, and it remains to be seen if the 'ISU orders' of being strict are applied to lesser events like Challenger Series? Being strict is all OK, but being consequent is even better, and here the confusion arises.

There is fear in certain conservative circles over very young girls, jumping beans, 'destroying' the 'sport' of ladies single figure skating. Ladies single figure skating, which is such an old fashioned term, not applicable to athletes, IMO. Sport, as in the Olympic motto of stronger, higher, faster, which is what figure skating shouldn't be about according to those conservatives, that apparently are only interested in certain female physical features??

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
The tech panel started 'working' only half through the GP, and it remains to be seen if the 'ISU orders' of being strict are applied to lesser events like Challenger Series? Being strict is all OK, but being consequent is even better, and here the confusion arises.

There is fear in certain conservative circles over very young girls, jumping beans, 'destroying' the 'sport' of ladies single figure skating. Ladies single figure skating, which is such an old fashioned term, not applicable to athletes, IMO. Sport, as in the Olympic motto of stronger, higher, faster, which is what figure skating shouldn't be about according to those conservatives, that apparently are only interested in certain female physical features??
You bring up a good point Edwin! I for one definitely found it refreshing that CoC had a quite fair(of course there is always going to be something) tech panel. Now if we could get that conistently for all the events it would be marvelous. It would also help with the conspiracy theories, since people are not going to be surprised if their fave is going to get some calls ;)

ruga

Final Flight
So currently the only realistic way to get 5 Russians at the final is Medvedeva winning Rostelecom (assuming that 4A+Rika are definite finalists)?

About the edge calls: Anna usually had slight outside or flat edge. Since elements like quads and loop combos are almost always reviewed, panel probably noticed that. I tried watching on slo mo but the angle is from the side and I can see that she leans inside, but not sure if inside enough to be called. Would be easier if there was an angle from behind. Maybe her team will change one of the triple lutzes to flip now, not a big loss in BV. The panels got stricter now, it's not bad if they remain like that with all skaters and in all competitions. Inconsistent judging, whether strict or lenient, harms skaters and the sport itself.

We shouldn't worry about Sasha, she has a nice outside edge. The only jump of hers that was called is a flip, but she has only one throughout two programs.

starla16

Medalist
So currently the only realistic way to get 5 Russians at the final is Medvedeva winning Rostelecom (assuming that 4A+Rika are definite finalists)?

About the edge calls: Anna usually had slight outside or flat edge. Since elements like quads and loop combos are almost always reviewed, panel probably noticed that. I tried watching on slo mo but the angle is from the side and I can see that she leans inside, but not sure if inside enough to be called. Would be easier if there was an angle from behind. Maybe her team will change one of the triple lutzes to flip now, not a big loss in BV. The panels got stricter now, it's not bad if they remain like that with all skaters and in all competitions. Inconsistent judging, whether strict or lenient, harms skaters and the sport itself.

We shouldn't worry about Sasha, she has a nice outside edge. The only jump of hers that was called is a flip, but she has only one throughout two programs.

Med winning CoR would require Trusova to fall 3 times. 1 SP + 2 Quads and still would win.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
"We want strict judging!!!!11!1!"
*strict judging happens, alas not for everyone*
-surprised pikachu-
Yep [emoji23][emoji23] so
those edges were flat so the calls were ok , there was even a jump from her practice where many said in the comments that the edge was flat. So it's not as if it came out of nowwhere, and it is a different panelfrom skate America so you can't even compare the judging, besides that you are right everyone here screams for stricter judging and when it happens everyone screams because 5here is stricter judging but they onlyscream when their fav skaters of one group get calls.