2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Reserve? He, Gumennik, Ignatov, Danielian, Samarin and Aliev should all be on the main team. I expect them all to get 2 GPs if they happen.

Oh, that would be awesome. Unfortunately, I can’t imagine GP happening, but I will be delighted out of my mind to be proven wrong. If Europenians will be admitting public I am hoping to see whichever three are going to make the cut. So far the only Russian men I caught in SkCanada were Shulepov and Lazukin & it was far less exciting than the ladies.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, that would be awesome. Unfortunately, I can’t imagine GP happening, but I will be delighted out of my mind to be proven wrong. If Europenians will be admitting public I am hoping to see whichever three are going to make the cut. So far the only Russian men I caught in SkCanada were Shulepov and Lazukin & it was far less exciting than the ladies.

I've seen quite a few at SkA over the last 7 years. There were some repeats but we finally got new blood this past season :laugh:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I've seen quite a few at SkA over the last 7 years. There were some repeats but we finally got new blood this past season :laugh:

My plan was to go to SkAm & the Worlds, but now I have to start planning from scratch. Worlds will no longer be an option for me, I think. I am hoping if not for Eu 2021, than JW2022 in Sofia. Fingers crossed some of the current intriguing juniors would manage to hang in there. From Russian gentlemen, Kutovoy and Samsonov might still be skating juniors depending on what shape this next season would take.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My plan was to go to SkAm & the Worlds, but now I have to start planning from scratch. Worlds will no longer be an option for me, I think. I am hoping if not for Eu 2021, than JW2022 in Sofia. Fingers crossed some of the current intriguing juniors would manage to hang in there. From Russian gentlemen, Kutovoy and Samsonov might still be skating juniors depending on what shape this next season would take.

Going to either seems like a good plan. Practically all the juniors that competed this year are age eligible for JW in Sofia except Gumennik. I'm sure there will be someone interesting around and willing to go. The spots for Euros/Olympics are limited anyway. Those who are eligible and don't make the senior team may still show up at JrNats to try and make JrW. I went to JrW last year when it was in Zagreb. The same arena will host Euros so if you need any advice just ask!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Going to either seems like a good plan. Practically all the juniors that competed this year are age eligible for JW in Sofia except Gumennik. I'm sure there will be someone interesting around and willing to go. The spots for Euros/Olympics are limited anyway. Those who are eligible and don't make the senior team may still show up at JrNats to try and make JrW. I went to JrW last year when it was in Zagreb. The same arena will host Euros so if you need any advice just ask!

Thank you, I will, after we know if they will hold the completions with spectators. I am pretty sure that JW will have plenty of great talent—I really enjoyed watching them this year. My cautiously optimistic guess is that there will be no GP (and I will be super sorry for Mozalev if that’s the case), and maybe the second half of the year major championships will be closed to public. Overall though, if I can see the continuation of this epic Russian saga, I will be happy.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rukhin has left Eteri.

https://tass.ru/sport/8444519
"He did not ride for some time, and before the February final of the Russian Cup in Velikiy Novgorod, his parents notified that the athlete needed a pause for recovery. In the future, the parents were going to look for a new group, where the athlete would have a more individual approach," the source said.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20200511/1571273116.html
Russian figure skater Egor Rukhin who was in the group Eteri Tutberidze, moved to the school of CSKA, RIA Novosti reported several sources unrelated.

Coach has not been confirmed.

ETA: coaches Buyanova and Selitskaia
https://m.vk.com/wall-64888695_1106305?from=feed

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
The coach should be Buyanova, at least according to one of those sources. Not a bad choice, even though Buyanova was literaly butchering girls for the several recent seasons, her men do quite well. Definitely better variant than originally proposed Plushenko :)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Meh. Buyanova doesn't want to push him to Sokolovskaya? She does not have a good history with Eteri's injured ones.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Voronov: “I have no answers to questions about continuing or ending a career, even for myself”

“I have plans, but let me not make any statements regarding / continue / will not continue. Let's see how the topic (with coronavirus) drags on. As I understand it, no one has the opportunity to train on ice, ”said Sergey Voronov, an army skater. "Talking about what I'm closer to or farther (to pursue a career or to end it) is an empty matter. I'm on a pause. This whole pandemic will pass, and then there will be food for thought. While I try not to ask these questions, I have no answers to them, even for myself. ”

Source: http://www.ltk-cska.ru/news/2009--«...enya-net-otvetov-daje-dlya-sebya-samogo».html

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The executive committee of the Russian Figure Skating Federation will be held May 15 via video link

The meeting of the executive committee of the Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKKR) will be held on Friday, because of the coronavirus pandemic, it will be held in a video conference format. This was reported to TASS by the president of the FFKKR Alexander Gorshkov.

"The meeting of the executive committee will be held May 15 in a remote format," the source said.

At the executive committee, the composition of the Russian national figure skating team for the next season should be approved.

https://tass.ru/sport/8472005

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lazukin: should recover after surgery in a month and a half (May 2nd)
Russian skater Andrei Lazukin told RIA Novosti that his recovery from knee surgery will take up to a month and a half.

The 22-year-old skater from St. Petersburg recently underwent an operation that had previously been postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

“Everything is in order with me, I’ve already been discharged, but I’m experiencing postoperative charms. Dressings, the stitches will be removed in a week. The operation itself is simple, but the swelling remains. Recovery should go pretty quickly, I can get up on the ice in a month and a half, but I can’t jump another three months, "Lazukin said over the phone.

“I think there shouldn’t be any special problems, and by the beginning of the season, if it happens in the usual time for us, I will have time to prepare,” the skater added, explaining that he had not yet discussed plans for the season’s programs with the coaches.

Lazukin said that the situation with coronavirus did not affect the situation in the hospital. "I had surgery in a private, purely sports clinic in St. Petersburg, there was no panic," he said.
Source: https://rsport.ria.ru/20200502/1570904911.html

“FOR MISHIN, AN ATHLETE IS NOT A PROJECT, HE HAS A HUMAN APPROACH TO EVERYONE.” INTERVIEW WITH ANDREI LAZUKIN FOR MATCH TV (May 12th)

Andrei Lazukin announced himself the year before last, winning medals from several challengers, the final of the Russian Cup and bronze in the Russian national team at the world team championship. The current season did not work out: there are places at the end of the dozen at the stages of the Grand Prix and only 12th position in the championship of Russia. At the same time, in Krasnoyarsk, Andrei, as he said, rode literally on one leg - his knee really hurt.

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, planned surgery was delayed for more than a month. A few days after it finally took place, the skater talked to Match TV.

Read in the interview:

When the operated knee allows Lazukin to go out on the ice

How to return the interest of Russian viewers to men's single skating

Why the lack of a clear leader in the team is a plus for the rest

What Andrey sees Mishin's advantages as a coach

How love for rap and Rachmaninoff is combined in one person

“IN DECEMBER, I COULDN'T EVEN LAND ON MY RIGHT FOOT”

- Andrey, how are you?

- The stitches have not yet been removed, I will go to the doctor in a few days. In general, the operation was not the most difficult - arthroscopy (minimally invasive surgical manipulation to treat joint diseases. - “Match TV”). If the body recovers according to the forecasts of doctors, I can return to the ice in a month.

- Now, in any case, the road to ice is closed. Have you been given any recovery exercises at home to get back in shape?

- Before the operation, I participated in the online training of the choreographer Tatyana Prokofieva, which she conducts for the entire group during the isolation period. Carried out all the exercises on the rug, except those where it is necessary to bend the sore knee. Now, while I am refraining from stress, I must completely restore my health. Soon I am going to a consultation with a rehabilitologist. As soon as he gives the go-ahead, I will return to active training.

- When did the problems with the knee begin? Alexei Nikolaevich said that the doctors could not diagnose you for a long time and only at the January training camp in Tartu they revealed the problem.

- My knee bothered me since August, in October, doctors diagnosed tendonitis (inflammation of the ligaments). In a good way, it was necessary to immediately undergo a course of treatment. But we already had scheduled starts, and I did not want to miss a single one. In between competitions, the coaches and I tried to give the knee rest and heal, but the situation was only getting worse. As a result, the pain intensified, in December I could not even land on my right foot. After the Russian championship, the whole group left for the training camp, where local doctors revealed a tear of the ligaments.

- Tell us about your programs last season.

- In the short program, I am an American guy of the 30s, a kind of playful smoothie. With a free program for the Aranjuez Concert, Rodrigo was initially more difficult: we made a production for different music, then redid it. There is no specific plot in it, and I can’t say that I portrayed someone. Just conveyed the mood of Spain.

- In what, besides health, do you need to add in the new season?

- I think in everything: jumping, choreography, ligaments between elements, emotions.

- Less than two years are left before the Olympics. How will you achieve the goal of getting there?

- Hmm, good question ( smiles ). Getting there is real. There is no definite leader in the men's single in Russia, and this is the beauty of the situation. Better than girls, where three to four people stably dominate. I think now any skater from the top ten has a chance to qualify for the main starts of the season. But I can’t take a look forward for two years.

- When there was fierce competition in Russian men's skating, it was in the center of attention of the audience. About 15 years ago, Irina Rodnina even compared the competitions in your discipline with the battles of gladiators. How to return viewer interest?

- The problem is that we are not leaders in the international arena. As soon as you occupy leading positions, people love you more. But my generation rides into the age of Yuzuru Hanyu and Nathan Chen, we have more difficult tasks.

- How and when did you get involved in figure skating?

- It all started with the fact that my parents were looking for an interesting lesson for me to somehow realize my unbridled energy. I was taken to different circles in my native Togliatti. I was engaged in karate, and swimming, and ballroom dancing, and singing in the city choir. Over time, I realized that figure skating works best for me. He concentrated on it, and after a couple of years decided to finish: I did not see any prospects. But the invitation of Alexei Nikolayevich [Mishin] turned my fate around.

- Describe the first meeting with Alexei Mishin and your emotions when he accepted you into the group.

- Alexei Nikolaevich noticed me in 2010 at competitions in Stary Oskol. He then only said: “You are a good guy, come to see me!” I was very surprised, delighted. The fact is that a year before those events, my parents and I were in St. Petersburg and decided to try the local figure skating academy. Signed up for samples, but they didn’t take me. Honestly, I don’t even remember which academy coach did not approve of my candidacy - I was a child. And then the professor’s invitation!

My parents drove me to Petersburg, but didn’t really understand the scale of what the prospects would be. On viewing in the "Jubilee" I showed all my triple jumps, and after a series of trainings I was accepted into the group. Of course, there was a pleasant shock. Soon the whole family moved to St. Petersburg. I enthusiastically went to new trainings and quickly caught up with my classmates.

- Mishin your mentor for 10 years, which is quite a long time. Who is Alexei Nikolaevich for you?

“He is the man who will always support you.” No matter what happens, no matter how I speak, I always feel that the coach is nearby. For Aleksey Nikolayevich, an athlete is not a project, he has a human approach to each of his students.

- Just during your arrival in the Mishin group, Evgeni Plushenko performed brilliantly at his third Olympics. What were your impressions of riding on the same ice with a living legend?

- I was a little modest skater and did not really understand where I was. Of course, I watched all the tournaments with the participation of Eugene, but I can’t say that we talked a lot. And at this age you do not realize the magnitude of what is happening.

- At the World Cup 2019 you got instead of Maxim Kovtun. How was it, remember? When did you hear about the replacement?

- To say that I was in shock - to say nothing. All that season I was haunted by health problems, and because of the abundance of competition there was no time to recover. And after the Universiade in February, the season seemed to be over, I decided to take care of myself. I remember lying at home with a temperature and suddenly reading on the Internet that I was going to the World Cup. Before the departure of the team 3-4 days, but I am absolutely not ready physically. I called Alexei Nikolayevich, he calmly said: "Do not worry, everything will be fine." We tried to get back in shape as quickly as possible, but I started to jump normally only in Saitama.

- I saw Mishin in the documentaries of the miracle technology for training skaters in jumping. Tell us about them.

- Most often we are engaged in the so-called “twist” - a platform that trains the vestibular apparatus during rotation. There is also a “vest”: two points of contact at which the arms converge during the flight. We are testing to see if they are grouped correctly.

- What is the general scenario for studying the jump? Is there a difference in type and degree of difficulty?

- Someone is teaching systematically, practicing on the floor and then on the ice. And everything, as a rule, happens spontaneously for me: there is time left until the end of the training, there is a desire - I go and try a new one. So I once mastered the quadruple lutz. I was just sure of my triple lutz and felt a reserve of forces for an additional turn. And so with all kinds of jumps.

- What is more difficult - a quadruple jump or a triple axel?

- Each one individually develops. Personally, the trixel was more difficult for me than all fours.

- Is there a difference in the study of ultra-si elements for boys and girls? Still, a different body structure ...

- It seems to me that this is not a constitution. It's just that girls rarely begin to learn ultra-si - they are afraid. And the guys are less friends with their heads.

- How do you feel about the quad ban in the women's short program?

- I can’t say anything about this topic and I don’t even want to delve into it. Someone decided so, and why - I do not know.

- Your coach is a professor, teaches at the university, developed his own technologies for the development of figure skating. Would you like to follow in the footsteps of Mishin in the future?

“I have never been drawn to science.” But if I become a coach, of course, I will look for ways to improve, complicate the FC. For a while I was attracted to journalism. I want to do the text materials, not on television. Now I sometimes write for myself. True, it seems to me that journalism is an ungrateful profession. In any case, so far I have not decided anything unambiguously about my life after sports.

- Who are your friends from the world of figure skating?

- The best friend in life - Murad Kurbanov. We met at tournaments about 10 years ago and quickly found a common language, since then we communicate every day. Unfortunately, we rarely see each other, because we live in different cities, but this makes our friendship more valuable. In recent years, I celebrate every New Year at Murad in Moscow. I am also friends with Arthur Panikhin (champion of Kazakhstan, participant in the World Cup. - “Match TV”).

- Tell us about your hobbies.

- I love to read, from the latest literary impressions - the novel "Goldfinch" by Donna Tartt. Sometimes I play basketball with a friend through the Play Station. But now, while I am at home all day, most of the time is spent on distance learning at the university.

- What kind of music are you listening to?

- I can listen to anything, the genre does not matter. Favorite performers include rappers Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar, rock groups Red Hot Chili Peppers and Nirvana. I also love Rachmaninov.

- You once said that you are following the events of the National Basketball Association. Can you go basketball in Russia?

- No, I prefer to watch everything on the screen. And in the record, because the most interesting thing in the world of basketball happens on another continent, when we have a deep night. In Petersburg, I watched live only one Zenit match - and this is because it was held in my native Yubileiny.

- Three of the best NBA basketball players of all time, in your opinion?

- Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James.

- And what if from among Russian basketball players?

- I find it difficult to answer. Let’s better name the names of those whom I consider promising in the NBA: Luca Doncic and Zion Williamson.

“What did you feel when you heard about the death of Kobe Bryant?” (On January 26, 2020, an American basketball player who played for the Los Angeles Lakers crashed in a personal helicopter. - Match TV.)

- Kobe was a basketball legend. It always seemed to me that this person would live forever. After the tragedy, I had the condition, as if there was no Superman.

- The last performance, concert, ballet that impressed you?

- In February, I went to the play “Three Comrades” by Yuri Smekalov (soloist of the Mariinsky Theater. - “Match TV”). I remember that we were sitting in the small hall of the comedy shelter theater and watched the acting in combination with the ballet. It was especially interesting to see the work of Smekalov, since he participates in the production of my programs.

- Which films of figure skating do you like?

- A very cool comedy "Blades of Glory: Stars on Ice", I advise everyone! I also watched a couple of episodes of the sensational American series “Clinging to Ice”. Of course, I understand that many scenes and situations are implausible. Any professional athlete will see this, but it looks funny.

Source: https://matchtv.ru/figure-skating/m...zhdomu_Intervju_Andreja_Lazukina_dla_Match_TV

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"World of Figure skating" No 1, 2020

In the issue read:

“Due to the cancellation of sports events, we were not able to hold the championship of Russia among young men and women of older age in Sochi. But this does not mean that at least one promising athlete has fallen out of our sight. ”

FFKKR General Director Alexander Kogan about the difficulties that have arisen due to the coronavirus pandemic and future challenges.

Burning neck medals, Russian pedestals, the male character and the magic of “Girls on the Ball” ... Remember the European Championship in Graz and the World Junior Championships in Tallinn.

For which Dmitry Kozlovsky received the first gold medal and who Alexander Boykov wants to become; to whom Dmitry Aliyev turned for help, starting to learn triple jumps; who is the main in the duet of Victoria Sinitsina - Nikita Katsalapov, and also, why does Alena Kostornaya need a Welsh pony?

New European champions under the cover face.

“One of the arguments of the ISU technical committee for the introduction of a new arbitrary or“ artistic ”program is the desire to return our sport to its former popularity. But it would be good to answer important questions first. Popularity - with whom? And why is she even dependent today? ”

Well-known trainer Alexander Vedenin reflects on a new ISU initiative.

Figure skating school in Volgograd: Evgeni Plushenko, Maxim Marinin, Anastasia Tarakanova, Arthur Danielyan - who is next?

PDF File: https://fsrussia.ru/files/mfk_magazine/wfk_21_2020.pdf

You can use google translate or bing to translate magazine via copy and paste :cool:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kirill Davydenko: “We must include our wisdom, experience, logical thinking, instinct in order to adapt to the situation and get out of it” (April 9th)

Kirill Davydenko - the coach of the world junior champion Andrei Mozalev in an interview with the FFKKR website told about online training, explained why the coach needs to keep fit, analyzed the results of his students' performance and answered the question why it should calmly start the next season, adapting to the new life realities.

- Kirill Anatolyevich, everyone knows what the situation is in the world today in connection with the coronavirus, many people, including athletes, are at home, on a "remote site". How do you train in such conditions?

- The current situation has opened up for us, coaches, we can say new horizons for the training process. Previously, we only heard and read about distance training of Harutyunyan and Chen, but we didn’t use it ourselves. And today quarantine pushed to use modern methods.

If we say how this happens in reality, then every day I spend with my students group workouts online, with older and younger separately. I sit down at the computer, the guys are all on my screen in small windows. If it is necessary to examine each in more detail, then I click on a specific athlete, I see what needs to be corrected. I say, for example, take your shoulder, above your leg, and so on, how many times you need to repeat the movement. If the exercise counts, then I think that the athletes should hear the score ... In fact, this is the same training on the floor, only in the distance version.

Our guys are currently at home. When it became clear that quarantine and self-isolation would be delayed, the visiting athletes left St. Petersburg, but they also train with us online.

- The profession of a coach is very expensive, it requires the investment of moral and physical strength. How do you keep fit in this situation?

“You said it right.” It may seem to someone: what is it? There is a man at the side, he does not ride himself? But in reality, no one but the trainers, probably, can fully understand what happens to each of us during the competition, before the athlete gets to the start, after when your student rolls the program ... At these moments, the coach spends a lot of emotional strength and in order to replenish them, so that these forces are, so as not to be nervous, not to transfer their excitement to the athlete, to remain in a state of balance, on positive, to be sure, one must really have a good physical shape. I get up early, get home from work quite late, actually spend the whole day at the rink, and I need to withstand such loads.

In addition, all the trainers in the past themselves were involved in sports, led an active lifestyle, and can no longer do without it. Until a strict quarantine regime was introduced in St. Petersburg, I traveled 20 kilometers every day. In general, I like to walk, during such "walks" sometimes interesting thoughts and ideas are born. And to maintain physical fitness - this is great and necessary.

Now that the circumstances have changed, I’m doing physical fitness exercises at home - push-ups, press exercises, squats ... It’s impossible to just sit on a sofa and stupidly “stare” at the TV, in the worst case, and at best - read an interesting book. This is difficult for active people, and even now it is necessary to maintain shape in order to be in good shape. Spend calories, not just consume them.

- In St. Petersburg, skaters a little later than in Moscow went to quarantine. Have you managed to do something on new programs in this short time?

- I don’t know exactly when the training on ice ended in Moscow, we worked as usual until March 28. Then the rollers were closed due to quarantine. First, until April 5, then extended until the end of the month. During this time, we managed to do something, did not stand still. Understood: the situation is not simple, everything can be, so we tried to get the most out of it. Wondered according to the productions, the hopping part ...

At that moment, we just returned from the Olympics from Krasnoyarsk. The season was hard, and according to the mind, Andrei had to let it out. We took a couple of days for a break, then went out on the ice. I explained the situation, said that it is not known what will happen next with the ice, so we must now use the available resources to the maximum. And there, ”I say,“ if there is rest, we will rest, watch, adapt to the situation.

We immediately decided: since next season Andrei is transitioning to adults, it is necessary to change both programs. Free he rolled the second season. She was placed two years ago under another Andrei. During this time, Andrey has developed both spiritually and motorly, respectively, he deserves more adult programs. The short program to the music of “Juno and Avos” was well received by experts and viewers, there were many good reviews. But we decided to change it anyway, because, as I said, we must enter the adult season with new programs.

We already have musical ideas, certain developments, but for now I will not voice them. First you need to implement all this, show, and then comment.

- Unlike adult skaters, you spent a full season - you performed at the World Junior Championships, where Andrei won gold, then you participated in the Spartakiad in Krasnoyarsk. What is your assessment of student performance?

- We began pre-season training with the goal of spending the season as efficiently as possible, not to stay too long in juniors. In my opinion, they coped with the task. Of course, not everything turned out as we wanted, but not everything in our life comes out perfectly, without a hitch. Especially when it comes to starts throughout the season - a sufficiently long period of time.

Yes, the starts were better, the worse. But, in general, there was no such trash, hell, or failure, as it is now fashionable to say. Yes, at the junior championship of Russia, to put it mildly, it did not work out in the short program. But we managed to tune in to the fight and in arbitrary proved - it was an accident. This was confirmed by the Junior World Cup, which Andrew won.

As for renting a short program in Saransk ... You know, any mechanism can misfire, let alone people ... It’s clear that the Russian championship was a responsible tournament, the selection for the World Cup, and Andrei was well prepared for the start. Ready was physically, psychologically. But something happened at that moment ... We then analyzed, worked on the mistakes and showed and proved at the World Championship that what happened in Saransk is not a regularity. If you look at the season, as Andrei rolled a short one, then what happened at the Russian championship was not even close.

Season Andrew was stable. Of course, there is no limit to perfection, and I wanted the Grand Prix finals to have first place, and not second, at the Youth Olympic Games ... Someone will say: stuck! But the soldier who does not want to be a general is bad. And the second place is a kind of understatement, "undernourishment" or something ... But that is what makes a person draw conclusions, strive to study new elements, and move forward. After the Grand Prix finals, when Andrei saw that the Japanese Shun Sato showed three quadruple jumps, he looked at what was happening differently. This pushed him forward to the study of some new things.

Of course, the past season will give Andrei confidence, experience, and the realization that at the crucial moment he can get together and show good skiing. Andrey has matured a lot this year. It has been mentally changed for the better. I see this by the nuances in training, by his actions, statements ... Although Andrei is a taciturn comrade in life, but I notice these changes.

- And Anton Shulepov, who also trains in your group?

- Unfortunately, the old injury did not allow Anton to reveal himself in terms of quadruple jumps. We were preparing, but as soon as we slightly increased the volume in order to dash the programs with a quadruple jump, the injury began to worsen. So the season drove without quadruples, focused on clean skating.

After the final of the Cup of Russia, I gave Anton a long rest so that he would undergo a course of treatment and recover. Now, as I understand it, the guy is not complaining when loading the ankle. God grant that this is preserved, and then we can work substantively in the direction of the quadruple jumps. Separately, Anton jumped them. But this is not the question, but to make the quadruple in the program. This requires a different amount of work. I really hope that the measures taken, rest, treatment, will bear fruit. Time will tell.

- What do you think, with what attitude should you enter the next season? Maybe you should take it as a challenge, they say, we have overcome difficulties and are ready for anything?

- I do not think that it is necessary to complicate an already difficult situation. Yes, the situation is incomprehensible, but the suspense keeps people in suspense. Therefore, our task is to prepare for the season as efficiently as possible, to put in interesting new programs that we and the public would like, to finish up what we wanted to finish in terms of complicating the programs, and to show high-quality stable, good and clean skating.

We do not know now what the calendar will be. Perhaps everything will remain as it was, maybe it will be late ... But there should not be any nervousness and apathy. And most importantly, the coaches. Because the mood of the athletes depends on the trainers. If the trainer is charged for positive, is set to work, motivates the guys, then they will feel and do the same.

If we talk about our group, then we have no despondency. And will not be. In any case, I will not allow this. Yes, it’s hard for everyone, but we are optimists! After all, we know that someday this will end, we will return to the mainstream. Just have a little patience. There are different situations in life, and one must be mobile, be able to adapt to new life patterns. We all have no other option. We must include our wisdom, experience, logical thinking, instinct in order to adapt to the situation and get out of it.

- Thank you, Kirill Anatolyevich, good luck!

Olga YERMOLINA

Source: https://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/4991-k...daptirovatsya-k-situatsii-i-vyjti-iz-nee.html

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Leonid Sviridenko - about how he learned all the quads, chose the journal faculty and installed programs from Benoît Richaud (April 28th)

The champion of St. Petersburg in figure skating and the winner of the stages of the Cup of Russia Leonid Sviridenko is studying with Oleg Tataurov in the Star Ice school. At his debut championship in Russia, he was the first of the domestic singles to perform the fourth Rittberger, the most difficult of the quads.

Outside of sports, Leonid is a second-year student at the Graduate School of Journalism at St. Petersburg State University. We talked with him about jumping, working with French director Benoît Richaud and studying at a university.

- How much did you learn all the elements of ultra-si?

- The study itself did not take much time. The longest taught triple axel. I was able to jump it when I grew up, formed and gained strength. I performed my first clean axel when I was only 17 years old, and the rest of the jumps came almost immediately as I studied. By the next season, I jumped the quadruple salchow and made clean attempts to quadruple the Rittberger, but only in training.

This season I inserted a Rittberger into the program, and after the Russian championship I decided to pay attention to the other fours. In January, I learned a sheepskin coat, lutz and flip. There have been attempts at the sheepskin coat before, but I did not do much of it, similarly with the flip, and I collected the lutz in one day. So here the question is rather not about the time of study, but about physical preparation and the desire and opportunity to try.

- That is, in your case, puberty, which is usually blamed for the loss of jumps and coordination, was more likely to benefit?

- It's all individual. I think you can say that.

“How was your regular day before quarantine?”

- An early rise, an hour and a half to the ice rink from Pushkin to Ladozhskaya, where training from about 10 to 16 is two ice and classes on the floor (choreography, warm-ups and general physical training). Then run to the university in pairs on Vasilievsky Island - studies usually begin at 17:10, and can end at 22 or earlier, when there is less steam. Then go home.

Two half-days a week, these days and on weekends, sometimes I manage to conduct training for children.

- How do you manage to combine study and sport?

I study in the evening, so there are no particular problems. I’m late for a couple, unless I either have time to do my homework, or rarely miss classes because of competitions, so I can do it.

- Why did you choose journalism?

“When I entered, I didn’t know exactly who I wanted to become.” Suddenly I will not be a coach? So, first of all, I wanted to get a good humanitarian education. I liked the profession itself and the opportunities that I may have. I think the choice was obvious.

- And in the future do you see yourself as a coach or journalist?

- I have not decided yet. Maybe I will combine. It is clear that I am still not a full-fledged journalist, but so far it turns out: I publish something, if possible; I deal with children, and at the same time, I prefer not to work on jumps, but to put programs is much more interesting.

- Are there any advantages in self-isolation mode for your sports career and study?

- No. I miss the ice. I practice, keep myself in shape, but without ice it is unbearable: I want to go out, do programs, “jump” new elements, just slide. We have to motivate ourselves, to work now, so that after returning to the ice it would be easier, but without full training everything seems somehow empty, meaningless.

In distance learning, too good is not enough. It’s easier for me to come to university, to study and chat live, than to sit at home in front of a laptop and force myself to do something, but things just increased.

- What are your impressions of the Russian championship ?

- Exceptionally positive: cool atmosphere, good organization, the audience in front of which it was nice to speak - this is what is remembered at such competitions.

- This season you put programs on Benoît Richaud how does the European school of production differ from the usual Russian?

- It’s hard to say exactly about the differences between the schools of production, here the matter is mainly in the choreographers - their experience, skills, imagination. There are many directors from Russia with whom I did not work and therefore I can not say anything. But for me personally, Benoît Richaud is a completely different level. You always have to work with him, learn something new, discover, and you want to work with him again and again. I love his style and understanding of figure skating, how he motivates and guides. After working with such specialists, you feel confident and charged to work.

- Why is Russian men's single skating unstable?

“I would not say that.” Many of our guys show confident results in both adults and juniors. Let there be such a phenomenon, but they are frustrating not only in the Russian male loner. I think this is due to the tendency to increase the number of quads in the programs, because rolling out a program with two quads to show it at the start is a lot of work. And many do more, so disruptions are inevitable, especially if the jump is learned recently. Stability does not come right away - you need to gain competitive experience, “jump” difficult jumps in training, roll programs. But without quadruples it is impossible.

- Do you like working on equipment or components more?

- This is a difficult question. I think these are two different things. Working on components and a program is pure creativity, how to write poetry, music, draw. And technology is precision, a material that must be constantly honed. I love both of them, but in different ways. I think it should be so, because figure skating is not components and equipment separately, but all together.

- Have you already set the programs for the new season?

- No. I had to set programs in the summer, but now nothing is clear - neither with the productions, nor with the fees. It all depends on when the borders are opened and everyone returns to normal. If this happens by the summer, it is a miracle, but even in this case it is not clear whether it will turn out to go somewhere or not.

- Are there any images that you would like to realize on ice?

- Of course, there are a lot of ideas, a lot of music that I like. But I like to discuss all this with the choreographer when he also offers something. The image is built in the process of training, even after the completion of the production, along with the work comes understanding.

- What are your goals for the next season?

- The goal is simple - to show interesting new programs and insert the quadruples that I learned into them and roll them out. More precisely, add the quadruple lutz and work on cleanliness. When I complete this goal, everything else will come.

Author: Yana Kameneva

Source: https://nevasport.ru/139523-leonid-...dy-vybral-zhurfak-i-stavil-programmy-u-risho/

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Thanks for all the articles. So much is being published, I can hardly keep track of what's happening on the women's side, let alone the men's.

Much appreciated.