2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 149 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

tothepointe

On the Ice
oh wow. i also wondered about why he wasn't with her at sectionals or made a social media post, but didn't think too much of it. i wonder where TSL got this info?

will Gracie stay with ice works then? or will she move to another high level or semi high level coach? i don't think she'll change anything in the lead up to nationals, as it would be too soon and probably too much. i wouldn't doubt she'll re evaluate her situation after January though. would she ever go back to Alex O. full time?

also, edit: so Vincent basically just moved across the country and dropped all his students at ice works mid season, less than 2 months until nationals and left them coachless? i really really hope that's not the reality of this situation.

This might all be just rumor too. Because y'know who is also in California right now. Gracie. Working with one of her personal trainers. Coach Alex and Pasha were there at sectionals for one of Vincent's other students also. Unless I hear it straight from Gracie's mouth I'm not going to believe that she fired Vincent based on the "evidence" put up here.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
This might all be just rumor too. Because y'know who is also in California right now. Gracie. Working with one of her personal trainers. Coach Alex and Pasha were there at sectionals for one of Vincent's other students also. Unless I hear it straight from Gracie's mouth I'm not going to believe that she fired Vincent based on the "evidence" put up here.

I mean it’s up to you what you want to believe, but Vincent - who has literally spammed Instagram with Gracie content over the past year - immediately posted congratulations to his “other” skater for making nationals but apparently forgot to congratulate Gracie. Just because she’s in LA and Vincent is somewhere in the same state doesn’t mean much. She lived in LA for years, may love her old trainer there, and she’s clearly spending time with her sister, who’s also there.

macy

Record Breaker
yes, she currently is with Carly right now. i do think it's odd nothing was mentioned of Gracie advancing to nationals after all the clips he's shared of her. i am really curious as to where TSL heard this in the first place, and whether it's a credible source or not.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
yes, she currently is with Carly right now. i do think it's odd nothing was mentioned of Gracie advancing to nationals after all the clips he's shared of her. i am really curious as to where TSL heard this in the first place, and whether it's a credible source or not.

I guess time will tell about Gracie. As to TSL, they seem to have a lot of well placed sources. Dave isn’t infallible but he’s generally been pretty reliable when breaking news like this. I know many people dislike him/TSL because of the gossip and perceived meanness/ lack of political correctness, but I’m pretty sure he studied journalism, and he seems to take factual reporting and interviewing pretty seriously. He did state about this that he had confirmed the info. I guess it could still turn out to be wrong - I mean even newspapers sometimes have to publish retractions - but I don’t think this is a case of Dave simply spreading rumors for rumors sake.

macy

Record Breaker
I guess time will tell about Gracie. As to TSL, they seem to have a lot of well placed sources. Dave isn’t infallible but he’s generally been pretty reliable when breaking news like this. I know many people dislike him/TSL because of the gossip and perceived meanness/ lack of political correctness, but I’m pretty sure he studied journalism, and he seems to take factual reporting and interviewing pretty seriously. He did state about this that he had confirmed the info. I guess it could still turn out to be wrong - I mean even newspapers sometimes have to publish retractions - but I don’t think this is a case of Dave simply spreading rumors for rumors sake.

can you link where they talked about this? thanks :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I don’t love TSL, but, it’s clear they aren’t usually wrong when they post coaching changes first.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I'm surprised that someone from Gracie's "team" hasn't said anything about this. If she has truly fired her current coach, this is a big deal. If not, you'd think that someone would say something to stop the rumors. It's the "radio silence" that has lead to speculation. I think we all want what's best for Gracie situation could not only effect her skating but, could effect her emotionally as well. I hope hear something soon.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Will young Alysa Liu compete again? And will her quads and triksels cause nation wide concern over her current and future health?

Will there be another skater to challenge her in the technical elements?

waltzjump2

Rinkside
Will young Alysa Liu compete again? And will her quads and triksels cause nation wide concern over her current and future health?

Will there be another skater to challenge her in the technical elements?

Doubtful about her being challenged technically. She’s on the list for senior ladies.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I don't think Megan earned the TES minimum.

:sad4: Ohhh, I had not realized, but I think you are correct.

She did not get the TES minimum at Glacier Falls or at any of her international assignments this season.

(Glacier Falls was her top overall NQS score. Off the top of my head, I don't remember her other NQS comps [if any].)