2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 99 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

natsulian

Final Flight
Two weeks until Skate America and Bradie looks to have recovered. A few under-rotation problems, but interesting to see her go for arms over the head variation. Bradie is the type of person to improve with each outing and NEEDED the summer competitions to set her up. With her current condition, a medal or a trip to the Grand Prix Final does not seem plausible. However, the ice is slippery and anything can happen. Best of luck to Bradie. I mean, remember Nathan’s disastrous Japan Open event last year? And then he turned it all around and had an undefeated season. Anything and everything is possible.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Two weeks until Skate America and Bradie looks to have recovered. A few under-rotation problems, but interesting to see her go for arms over the head variation. Bradie is the type of person to improve with each outing and NEEDED the summer competitions to set her up. With her current condition, a medal or a trip to the Grand Prix Final does not seem plausible. However, the ice is slippery and anything can happen. Best of luck to Bradie. I mean, remember Nathan’s disastrous Japan Open event last year? And then he turned it all around and had an undefeated season. Anything and everything is possible.

Isn't she just getting back on the ice after an injury? I think she may need a little bit more time to get back to full strength. After spending time with Mishin I'm hoping for a great season from Bradie.

natsulian

Final Flight
I will say this: Bradie Tennell looks like a true veteran on the ice. Her skating skills, overall presentation, and ability to convey the music have all improved dramatically. She looks in control of her skating and is simply superb. This could be an amazing vehicle for her. I hope she gets those technical bobbles out of her system and is ready to slay the Grand Prix.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I will say this: Bradie Tennell looks like a true veteran on the ice. Her skating skills, overall presentation, and ability to convey the music have all improved dramatically. She looks in control of her skating and is simply superb. This could be an amazing vehicle for her. I hope she gets those technical bobbles out of her system and is ready to slay the Grand Prix.

She looks like she is setting herself for maybe a world medal or top 5.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
gracie has qualified for sectionals! she is 2nd with one skater remaining and will place in the top 4!

Whoohooo! Okay maybe I am a little disappointed because the instagram posts and such suggest she was doing some big combos and individual jumps that should put her up with the big girls but this is still a confidence builder. I might have to lower my expectations for Gracie but still good work! Go Gracie!

twirlingblades

Medalist
Whoohooo! Okay maybe I am a little disappointed because the instagram posts and such suggest she was doing some big combos and individual jumps that should put her up with the big girls but this is still a confidence builder. I might have to lower my expectations for Gracie but still good work! Go Gracie!

She can do the combos in isolation, but imo stamina is the hardest thing to retrain.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
What was Bradie's injury? Thanks

ETA: Love her FS this year! What a serene, poignant, but very interesting program with the intensity at the end.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Just watched Bradie's LP. What a beautiful opening combo. I like this program more than last years and I look forward to seeing it develop.

mrrice

Record Breaker
She can do the combos in isolation, but imo stamina is the hardest thing to retrain.

Exactly. One step at a time. Now that she's passed this first test, I'm sure that she and her coach know that she has to get those combos in if she's going to make a dent at a big event.

macy

Record Breaker
So so proud of gracie for making it to sectionals! The first 3 jumps in her long looked really nice IMO. I think the biggest things she needs to work on in the next month or so are stamina and consistency, she will need both to make it to nationals. I just hope she is also staying realistic about not making it to nationals as well, it is quite a possibility, and I hope that doesnt discourage her if that happens. I really think she can make it far if she keeps working hard as she has.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Bradie's improvement in her presentation over the past 2 years is incredible. She has gained so much control over her skating skills, fluidity in her arms, precise and ease in her movements, and she found an aesthetic that suits her well. I prefer her doing 'stronger', more unique programs like last year, and I wish she would've built on that, but if you compare this FS to Cinderella, she almost looks like an entirely different skater. IMO Cinderella is a flailing, stiff, mess, with no connection or understanding of the music. This new FS shows no signs of that. Well, some minimal stiffness still in her back, but it wasn't really distracting. The improvements are almost unfathomable to me. Good for her. She has the drive and the mental strength that is missing among the top US ladies.

natsulian

Final Flight
Top International Junior Ladies' Scores:
1. Alysa Liu, 208.10 (USA) / 203.10 (Poland)
2. Isabelle Inthisone, 156.03 (Latvia) / 167.47 (Italy)
3. Kate Wang, 164.59 (Russia) / 144.99 (Italy)
4. Gabriella Izzo, 160.94 (Latvia) / 149.71 (Croatia)
5. Hanna Harrell, 160.50 (France)
6. Lindsay Thorngren, 158.09 (Poland)
7. Emilia Murdock, 148.95 (USA)
8. Sarah Jung, 148.81 (Croatia)
9. Jessica Lin, 148.35 (USA)
10. Calista Choi, 148.19 (France)
11. Audrey Shin, 143.29 (Russia)

Scout

Final Flight
I wonder how much of Gracie's planned jump content she actually executed. Her single axels looked popped, like she intended to go for the double. But the 2Lz and 2S almost seemed planned, as they were beautifully landed.

To me, this seems like a really good stepping stone for her, one that she can easily build on for sectionals: doing the 2A, adding in another +2T combo, upping a spin level. Doesn't really matter what I think though; I hope she is happy with it and I hope she knows how inspiring those two skates were for so many people.

TA91

Rinkside
I wonder how much of Gracie's planned jump content she actually executed. Her single axels looked popped, like she intended to go for the double. But the 2Lz and 2S almost seemed planned, as they were beautifully landed.

To me, this seems like a really good stepping stone for her, one that she can easily build on for sectionals: doing the 2A, adding in another +2T combo, upping a spin level. Doesn't really matter what I think though; I hope she is happy with it and I hope she knows how inspiring those two skates were for so many people.

Triple Lutz
Triple Flip
Triple Loop
Double Axel
Change Foot Combination Spin
Step Sequence
Double Axel+Triple Toeloop+Double Toeloop
Triple Lutz+Double Toeloop
Triple Salchow
Choreo Sequence
Fly. Change Foot Comb. Spin
Layback Spin

This was her planned content, you can find it alongside what she actually did on the results page under the plus icon. I think she should be able to get it but they definitely need to focus more on fitness and stamina for the free.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
So so proud of gracie for making it to sectionals! The first 3 jumps in her long looked really nice IMO. I think the biggest things she needs to work on in the next month or so are stamina and consistency, she will need both to make it to nationals. I just hope she is also staying realistic about not making it to nationals as well, it is quite a possibility, and I hope that doesnt discourage her if that happens. I really think she can make it far if she keeps working hard as she has.

She is Gracie Gold! She can do it. Have some faith. She is building.