2019 Europeans Men's Free Skate | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2019 Europeans Men's Free Skate

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The Euros placement order for the Russian men is bronze-silver-gold. Oh Russia, Evgeni Plushenko did take all the consistency didn't he...

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I`m so glad for Javi´s win and 7th consecutive title, WOW!!! Did not see it coming after he had trained such a short time.... I´m not surprised that the nerves of the Russian guys did not hold, as it was here the question of which skaters go to Worlds and Javi´s presence must have been an extra pressure, too. Very happy for Rizzo´s bronze!!!

Congratulations to the medalists!

frida80

Record Breaker
well... matteo DID podium :shrug: but jesus christ, poor kolyada. that 3lo fall in particular looked excruciating. also, i want to kick the beehives out of everyone who were chanting samarin's name as kolyada came off the ice. rude*** turds :ddevil:

congrats to javi!

They what?!?!?!

icetug

Medalist
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
Javier Fernandez
;)

PS. I'm afraid the chaos that will follow his retirement...

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
I really can’t believe Javi is retiring. I’m just so grateful for everything he’s done for the sport! Guys and Dolls will for me, always be one of the greatest programs ever skated!

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
(deep breath) Focus on Javi. Javi Fernandez and his 7th consecutive win, a crown on his head on his head as he waves goodbye.

frida80

Record Breaker
I really can’t believe Javi is retiring. I’m just so grateful for everything he’s done for the sport! Guys and Dolls will for me, always be one of the greatest programs ever skated!

I think it will be Worlds 2016 FS for me. It was incredible.

Javi, don't leave us!!!

Danny T

Medalist
Probably the last time we'll hear the Spanish anthem in men's for a long while *sniffles*

sowcow

On the Ice
Poor Mikhail :(, it looks like he hurt his wrist with the 3Lo Fall.

Oh no, Kolyada seems to have hurt his hand trying to recover from the fall on the 3Lo.

Yikes, the slow-mo of the 3Lo was not pretty at all :(

If I had to speculate, I'd bet he sprained his wrist on the 3-Axel fall (which, looked more like a really awkward, unexpected slip off his landing edge, rather than a true 'fall'). Then, when he fell on the 3-loop and applied pressure to the already sprained wrist ... that's when he really felt pain! OUCH!! From then on, you could tell he was really 'nursing' his wrist and doing whatever he could NOT to have any pressure put on it (even rotational air pressure), and was even avoiding any 'twisting' motion of his wrist during certain choreographic movements. DOUBLE OUCH!!

My heart goers out to him! He really deserves a competition with 2 clean (or, at least clean-ish) programs!!

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
... Why does a part of my brain think glistening eyes make Javi look more handsome

LadyB

Record Breaker
OMG!!! I didn’t think I’d get that super emotional over Javi’s last win, but here I am in tears. Thank you, Javi, for everything you’ve done for the sport. :bow::points:
Hope Misha’s wrist gets sorted out soon.:console:
As for Sasha Samarin: that was well and truly ‘wow’!!! :rock:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Well I'm emotional, going to take a shower and try to... calm... down... (weeps again) Gracias Javier Fernandez, El Tesoro de España.