2019 Junior Worlds Ladies Short Program | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2019 Junior Worlds Ladies Short Program

Fluture

Record Breaker
It sounds very silly of me asking a question as follows now :eek::, however, why we don't see Alena Kostornaia at this Junior Worlds??? I must have missed something... :palmf:

She's injured and withdrew. :sad21:

deedee1

Record Breaker
She's injured and withdrew. :sad21:

Oh no... :sad21::sad21: I was hoping she will win this season, though it maybe a long shot considering her team mates with quads. I do wish her get well soon and fully. Thanks for the info, Fluture.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
If the placements were to remain the same, here's how JW and JGP spots would work out:

JW
- 3 spots: Russia, USA
- 2 spots: Japan, France, Italy, Hungary, South Korea

JGP
- 14 spots: Russia, USA, Japan
- 7 spots: France, Italy, Hungary
- 6 spots: South Korea, Azerbijan, China, Georgia
- 5 spots: Canada, Ukraine, UK, Austria, Bulgaria, Hong Kong, Switzerland, Israel

- 4 spots: Croatia, Estonia, Taipei, Germany, Finland, Sweden
- 3 spots: Kazakstan, New Zealand, Czechia, Slovakia, Belarus, Netherlands, Romania, Spain, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Mexico, Slovenia, Denmark, Turkey

The 4 and 3 spots for JGP are already official because they are countries that didn't make the FS.

Fluture

Record Breaker
If the placements were to remain the same, here's how JW and JGP spots would work out:

JW
- 3 spots: Russia, USA
- 2 spots: Japan, France, Italy, Hungary, South Korea

JGP
- 14 spots: Russia, USA, Japan
- 7 spots: France, Italy, Hungary
- 6 spots: South Korea, Azerbijan, China, Georgia
- 5 spots: Canada, Ukraine, UK, Austria, Bulgaria, Hong Kong, Switzerland, Israel

- 4 spots: Croatia, Estonia, Taipei, Germany, Finland, Sweden
- 3 spots: Kazakstan, New Zealand, Czechia, Slovakia, Belarus, Netherlands, Romania, Spain, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Mexico, Slovenia, Denmark, Turkey

The 4 and 3 spots for JGP are already official because they are countries that didn't make the FS.

I hope South Korea gets two spots for the Worlds...

Edit: Oh, I'm blind, I didn't see they already do. :palmf: Well, watching figure skating for hours non-stop does that to my brain. :laugh:

Fluture

Record Breaker
Oh no... :sad21::sad21: I was hoping she will win this season, though it maybe a long shot considering her team mates with quads. I do wish her get well soon and fully. Thanks for the info, Fluture.

I was hoping the same. She would have had a chance, even if maybe a small one. I hope she recovers soon. She's been watching the Universiade in Russia today (there were pictures of her posted on Instagram) so hopefully it isn't as bad of an injury as she can still travel. :)

sjchilly

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I didn't watch Junior Ladies Short, but checking scores at lunch. I'm wondering what happened to PCS for Hana CVIJANOVIC on home ice? She is in 25th, which means no Free Skate.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Anna Shcherbakova stated in her today's date interview she will do only one quad in tomorrow's FS.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I did not see Sinitsina - I saw only the last two groups. There Trusova and Scherbakova were in the league of their own. I read some comments on how they were overscored and Ting was underscored. For me it's just fans' wishful thinking.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Both Anna and Sasha were great today. I’m happy with either of them leading here.

Pity that Sasha took out the loop, was really looking forward to see it live.

I think maybe Ksenia should have been the third. Ting’s combination wasn’t 100% perfect.

I thought Ting might challenge even for top spot but I too would have had Ksenia ahead for third but that wouldn't look good - three RUssians when arguably they are missing their top skater and yet they are still so competitive.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I did not see Sinitsina - I saw only the last two groups. There Trusova and Scherbakova were in the league of their own. I read some comments on how they were overscored and Ting was underscored. For me it's just fans' wishful thinking.

Hmmm I thought quite the opposite; I like Ting and she has the elegance of a champion imho but I would I thought she was overscored not the Russians in fact as I mentioned I would have Ksenia ahead of her too.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Hmmm I thought quite the opposite; I like Ting and she has the elegance of a champion imho but I would I thought she was overscored not the Russians in fact as I mentioned I would have Ksenia ahead of her too.

She may have elegance but so far she is lacking finesse that distinguishes mature skating from juniorish. Anyway, who can skate clean will get the bronze. Ksenia was very impressive at junior Rusnats. Hope that she will do well today.

Fluture

Record Breaker
She may have elegance but so far she is lacking finesse that distinguishes mature skating from juniorish. Anyway, who can skate clean will get the bronze. Ksenia was very impressive at junior Rusnats. Hope that she will do well today.

Well, good that we‘re looking at a junior competition then because the only one who could truly show finesse and mature skating is sitting at home due to medical reasons. The others, as wonderful as they are, don‘t show such skating either. Kseniia might come close but she‘s too young and needs some more polishing. Ting is fine, as are Anna and Kseniia and Sasha and the others. It‘s a junior competition after all. Next year we can expect sone more maturity from those who turn seniors.

Right, whoever is the cleanest today will make the podium. I actually have more faith in Kseniia than Ting, though. Her last competitions were more impressive.