2019 World Championships Pairs Short Program | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Pairs Short Program

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
5.53 AM, time to prepare for work, these will be crazy 4 days, I have to prepare hankies for FD:), more about pairs SP coming when I get to the office:)

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I really do not much believe on the predictions I make, as well as not all of them are not my wishes, despite some may be also wishes. I just play lottery. In that way they are wishes, that I hope there really will be surprises. Pairs are often unforeseeable, so I do not make any more predictions.

I splashed my morning coffee to my breast during T/M, fortunately I had enough clothes on me and did not burn myself. Pairs are obviously too exciting for me. I like them, but I predicted them only 5th, if I remember right. I also do not believe on their free very much. I hope they can do it, but I do not believe. I hope I am wrong. If they are clean, they can medal, but they cannot afford any mistakes.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If there were any justice, Sui/Han would lead over the snooze fest that is currently leading....

And can I say I do not like the Lumineers. I do not like that song. And it affects my enjoyment of the second Chinese couple.

I will show myself out now :slink:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Oh yeah, and Ms. Anja Rist and Ms. Alice Walder can go walk off a cliff with those pcs marks.

oly2018

Final Flight
This may just be my interpretation, but it seems like the judges weren't ready to hand the win over to J/C if they were clean. I really thought they would be propped up a bit on the pcs side, but nope.

I do wonder what would happen if S/H had been in the last group instead of the 3rd....

LaArdilla

Medalist
At this point I just hope Vanessa is healthy. I don’t think it was the pressure at all, the collision at the warm-up was just horrible. She took forever to stand up and was shaken till the end. And with Matteo, of all the people!

T/M were just... I still feel next to nothing when they skate, even though a Rach program gets me every time. But technically, it was freaking perfect.

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
James/Cipres probably won;t continue to 2022 anywy.. I mean, Vanessa was hinting on ending career many times.

Yes that's true, but athletes are very competitive. Quitting doesn't come easy to them, so hinting and following through is dodgy at best when it comes to competitive athletes. At least I hope! :biggrin:

Edit: ....and I take tonight as a sign the Universe agrees with me! :laugh2:

Last edited by a moderator:

readernick

Medalist
If there were any justice, Sui/Han would lead over the snooze fest that is currently leading....

And can I say I do not like the Lumineers. I do not like that song. And it affects my enjoyment of the second Chinese couple.

I will show myself out now :slink:

I like Sui/Han better than T/M, too. However, T/M’s program was perfection. Their elememts were +5 . I think they deserve the lead.

I love Peng/Jin’s program because it suits them perfectly. But, I can understand why it is not to everyone’s taste.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like Sui/Han better than T/M, too. However, T/M’s program was perfection. Their elememts were +5 . I think they deserve the lead.

I love Peng/Jin’s program because it suits them perfectly. But, I can understand why it is not to everyone’s taste.

I can see why the Lumineers program is perfect for Peng/Jin, that is my issue. And they themselves are adorbs.

I just can’t with the tune :shrug:

A Twitter friend called T/M “Robo Couple”. ;)I agree they did what they did extremely well

Last edited: