2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Does anybody know what exactly that 'diagnosis' refers to?
Is she on the spectrum of deafness? If so, any figure skating discipline is hard since she can't perceive the music like you normally would. Or is it more a brain- equilibrium problem? In any case very curious that she would be in figure skating at all.

If I was her dance partner I'd be freaking scared to drop her :p it reminds me of that video of Putin's daughter who is a kind of circus performer(?) doing stunts with a guy and the common consensus was: everytime that guy throws her into the air, he's playing with his life :laugh:

Did you just compare Eteri to Putin?

sparklestan

On the Ice
I noticed Adeliya wasn’t in any pictures with her teammates and the gymnasts at the training camp. I hope everything is ok with her and she can join them soon.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Thanks.
So, what’s the story? She won’t receive any jgp assignments or funding because she’s not old enough, or didn’t do exceptionally well last season? I’m not familiar with the situation.

She actually did pretty well last year, getting 6th at Russian Juniors which is great for a novice. She was placed on the novice team, so she will get some funding. I'm not sure why she wasn't placed on junior team because in the past I've heard the top 6 at nationals automatically make it. Some people on here have said that it is because she didn't turn 13 by the time the team came out, but if that's truly how it done it doesn't make sense to me, as its the 2020/2021 season team and she will be 13 by the start of the season. Anyways, she is age eligible for the JGP this year, and most likely will be invited to test skates and get spots.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Thanks.
So, what’s the story? She won’t receive any jgp assignments or funding because she’s not old enough, or didn’t do exceptionally well last season? I’m not familiar with the situation.

She actually did pretty well last year, getting 6th at Russian Juniors which is great for a novice. She was placed on the novice team, so she will get some funding. I'm not sure why she wasn't placed on junior team because in the past I've heard the top 6 at nationals automatically make it. Some people on here have said that it is because she didn't turn 13 by the time the team came out, but if that's truly how it done it doesn't make sense to me, as its the 2020/2021 season team and she will be 13 by the start of the season. Anyways, she is age eligible for the JGP this year, and most likely will be invited to test skates and get spots.

It was said here that Daria and Maiia were listed on the novice team and they got JGP entries, so Daria should get it too (there are only five girls in the junior team apart from the two substitudes, Muravyova and Shulskaya), if JGP would take place. I also expect we would see her at the test skates. The other members of the novice team are not age eligible.

Scott512

Record Breaker
anyone know why Diana Davis switched to ice dance? i found this video today from back when she did singles, she wasn't half bad. looks like she had all her triples but no 3+3 combo. i also had no idea she had a hearing disability which affected development of coordination. she made really respectable progress!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuPWAIzll_4
Diana got the wrong medicine as a child and went deaf. It's amazing what she did in figure skating. I think she can hear now which is unbelievable.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I think if Nastya G1 cannot make any headway in singles skating in the next year or two I think she should switch to pairs or dance. Especially with her innate ability for musicality and interpretation. Although she may be too physically developed for pairs. I think they usually like 90 lb girls like Ekaterina Gordeeva to lift and throw. But with Aliona 2 and VV going into dance and pairs respectively it may trigger some from the Russian C team or D team to move to Paris or dance in the future. The depth of the ladies is unbelievable and Kamila is coming which will make Russian ladies singles even deeper with greatness.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
I noticed Adeliya wasn’t in any pictures with her teammates and the gymnasts at the training camp. I hope everything is ok with her and she can join them soon.

I think she just isn't in the top group yet. I'm sure she will receive JGP and do well, ther eis no way she won't. She was probably not listed because the list was created before her 13th birthday, just like Khromykh and Usacheva weren't on it last year because of a slight age thing. She was 6th at jr nationals, ahead of Anna Frolova and Sofia Muravyova, so she should be fine.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Diana posted few months ago about her hearing state. She has some limitations but definitely not deaf. Music she can hear almost fully.
She asked everyone to stop calling her disabled.
But EG forced her to move from singles to ID due to possible risk to her health

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I think if Nastya G1 cannot make any headway in singles skating in the next year or two I think she should switch to pairs or dance. Especially with her innate ability for musicality and interpretation. Although she may be too physically developed for pairs. I think they usually like 90 lb girls like Ekaterina Gordeeva to lift and throw. But with Aliona 2 and VV going into dance and pairs respectively it may trigger some from the Russian C team or D team to move to Paris or dance in the future. The depth of the ladies is unbelievable and Kamila is coming which will make Russian ladies singles even deeper with greatness.

Who is Nastya G1? Gubanova?

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice

Yes. Apparently "Nastya G1" or "Nastya G" or "OG Nastya G" is Gubanova, and "Nastya G2" is Guliakova. To me I don't see how this is less offensive than the 3A thing but I guess neither of the Nastyas have said that they don't appreciate this publicly.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Diana posted few months ago about her hearing state. She has some limitations but definitely not deaf. Music she can hear almost fully.
She asked everyone to stop calling her disabled.
But EG forced her to move from singles to ID due to possible risk to her health
It's a miracle that Diana can hear almost normally! To learn this news was a true blessing. She's good at dance so she won't be returning to singles.
Yes.

Yes. Apparently "Nastya G1" or "Nastya G" or "OG Nastya G" is Gubanova, and "Nastya G2" is Guliakova. To me I don't see how this is less offensive than the 3A thing but I guess neither of the Nastyas have said that they don't appreciate this publicly.
It's not offensive it's just easier than to write out the full name or nicknames Guby or Guly which would be condescending. But maybe I should just write out their full names or just call them by their last names as not to offend anyone.

But let's get back to figure skating ELV. Are the Nastyas and the St Petersburg figure skating community back to training on ice yet? They are already way behind the Moscow ladies on all levels and not practicing is putting them further behind the eight ball for the next season if there is a next season as we say in America.

brakes

On the Ice
Random thought on Nugumanova.
Just imagine this girl on some smaller fs country, occassionally taking some challengers medals, maybe GP's once in a while. With some interviews, photo shoots and her social media activity she could become super popular there. OK, she unders those triples, but who freaking cares? She's such a fun girl. Russia is really fortunate-unfortunate place to be born in, if you're a figure skater. :think:

https://www.tiktok.com/@liza_nugumanova__/video/6836212966401084677

sparklestan

On the Ice
That would be a pleasant surprise.
-----

Around which time did team Tutberidze announce their music last year? I guess it will be later this year since they only got back to training now..
I believe it was July when Daniil posted the video of all the skaters beginning their programs

Scott512

Record Breaker
Gubanova should do an Ice-T program!
What does that mean?
Random thought on Nugumanova.
Just imagine this girl on some smaller fs country, occassionally taking some challengers medals, maybe GP's once in a while. With some interviews, photo shoots and her social media activity she could become super popular there. OK, she unders those triples, but who freaking cares? She's such a fun girl. Russia is really fortunate-unfortunate place to be born in, if you're a figure skater. :think:

https://www.tiktok.com/@liza_nugumanova__/video/6836212966401084677

She is a fun girl and her Instagram is much more popular than I thought it would be. Little Liza has been low-balled her whole career in my opinion as have many of the St. Petersburg girls. It's undeniable. Just like it's undeniable they're not as good as the top Moscow girls. But the scoring gaps of 40 and 50 points between the top Moscow girls and the top St. Petersburg girls are ridiculous. I blame the FED for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.