2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 489 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lzbee

Final Flight
One thing is that we cannot place Kamila in any tier yet as she is only 14. Her participation in test skates with seniors, in Russian Cup, and presumably in the Russian Nationals is just a reflection of her tremendous potential. But if we have WCs this season she will compete once again with Alysa not with Rika.
I would say that is debatable as they have already earned or were incredibly close to earning (Kamila) the scores for those tiers internationally and this is with the junior scoring handicap too. Well, Daria wasn't close so maybe she should be in Tier 3 for now.

It'll be exciting to see Kamila on the international senior circuit because I think she does have the potential to dominate (S Tier :p)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
So it was a good Sochi sea-and-mountains excursion for #TeamTutberidzeForProgress.

4 starts, 3 medals, and Mark Lukin was very close to winning his own medal.

What's next?

In the seniors, there is Kamila Valiyeva and Maya Khromykh still in contention. We don't know wether Valiyeva will compete in Kazan, the capital of Tatarstan, which would make a nice tribute to her roots. Khromykh will have to compete very well, and not fall on her quad.

in the juniors, Sof'ya Akat'yeva will probably compete for Gold against Sof'ya Samodelkina in the 5th stage in Moscow, with the largest number of spectators and media attention.
Adeliya Petrosyan might perhaps already be competing in the 4th stage, when the training staff feels she is capable of doing so.
Will we see Dar'ya Sadkova again?

There is a VK group which keeps a detailed unofficial tally. Just wish for FFKKR to do this officially.

When the cutoff is at 18 ranking points, the total score will be decisive, right?

Last edited:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
So it was a good Sochi sea-and-mountains excursion for #TeamTutberidzeForProgress.

What's next?

In the seniors, there is only Maya Khromykh still in contention, who will compete at her best against some serious fellow contestants. How to choose the best start for her?

in the juniors, Sof'ya Akat'yeva will probably compete for Gold against Sof'ya Samodelkina in the 5th stage in Moscow, with the largest number of spectators.
Adeliya Petrosyan might perhaps already be competing in the 4th stage, when the training staff feels she is capable of doing so.
You forgot Kamila.

Novalis

Record Breaker

What's next?

In the seniors, there is Kamila Valiyeva and Maya Khromykh still in contention. We don't know wether Valiyeva will compete in Kazan, the capital of Tatarstan, which would make a nice tribute to her roots. Khromykh will have to compete very well, and not fall on her quad.

in the juniors, Sof'ya Akat'yeva will probably compete for Gold against Sof'ya Samodelkina in the 5th stage in Moscow, with the largest number of spectators.
Kamila was given the 5th stage in Moscow

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Can't 12yo compete in juniors stage? Seems like Zhilina won't compete.

I didn't know that Valieva was Tatar like Zagitova.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Davydov: Berestovskaya learns the quadruple Salchov and triple Axel

" Liza is an emotional child, she can smile and cry," said Davydov. "In the short program, she was tense, usual she does everything very fine-tuned and jumpy, but there was a break, she worried. In the free program, albeit not ideal, it turned out to do two quadruple jumps. At the same time, we're learning a triple Axel, without it it will be very difficult to win the short program, we work through a fishing rod, on training apparatus. For me this is primary, but we will see how things are moving. The athlete must be ready for a quadruple, he must be adapted, and the jump should be convenient for him. We are working on the quad Salchow. "

" The starts are now behind us, we have qualified for the Russian championship. Preparation for the competition takes a lot of time, and now we are tightly working on the elements, we are choosing time intervals in order to do everything right "

Last edited:

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'm really proud of Liza! Coming back with a 2 quad free skate after a disappointing short yesterday 👏 The quads were q and <, respectively, but it was great to see her land 2 regardless and she seemed thrilled. Can't wait to watch her at junior nationals again!

A couple of mistakes for Adelia, but I'm not worried given she probably hasn't been back to training for very long. I liked her program, but it definitely needs more work compared to her short. The performance isn't quite there yet but I'm sure it will be very soon. Still a very solid first outing for her! Also, does anyone know the music? I know I've heard it somewhere but I can't remember where :laugh:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Kamila was given the 5th stage in Moscow
Makes sense, the Big Stage, up against the Angel and/or the Destroyer (Kostornaya and Trusova)

When, according to Gleikhengauz, Valiyeva's triksel is almost competition ready, she is on equal ice with the seniors when it is inserted in her program and successfully competed.

Adeliya Petrosyan just said in her interview she is planned to compete in Moscow too.

Last edited:

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
It seems to me that Mishin is really prioritizing a lot of competitions for his athletes. Last year Tuktamysheva and Samodurova went to three Challengers. And it's been that way all along. Liza has won the Challenger Cup 5 times out of 6. And it's not uncommon that they turn up at other competitions as well (like this one this weekend).

Other coaches send their athletes to maybe one Challenger or none at all.

I suppose it is a question of where you want to spend your money. Obviously Mishin spends more on travel and competitions than other coaches.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I'm really proud of Liza! Coming back with a 2 quad free skate after a disappointing short yesterday 👏 The quads were q and <, respectively, but it was great to see her land 2 regardless and she seemed thrilled. Can't wait to watch her at junior nationals again!

A couple of mistakes for Adelia, but I'm not worried given she probably hasn't been back to training for very long. I liked her program, but it definitely needs more work compared to her short. The performance isn't quite there yet but I'm sure it will be very soon. Still a very solid first outing for her! Also, does anyone know the music? I know I've heard it somewhere but I can't remember where :laugh:
Adeliya uses this music:
A Evaristo Carriego - Orquesta Color Tango for her short program
Арцах - Ara Gevorgyan for her long program

Her father Tigran is an accomplished musician, hence probably Adeliya is used to many kinds and styles of music being played during gigs at home, and no doubt, she's been to many concerts of her father also. Is Adeliya musical herself?

Last edited:

readernick

Medalist

Elizaveta just has the cutest little face. It made me so happy to see her land the quads (even though they were definitely UR) because of her smile of delight after she landed them. Honestly, there are many things I don't really like about her skating, but I would willingly watch any program of hers just to see her smile. Adelia was definitely more enjoyable in the SP, but she has some lovely basics. Congratulations to all the participants.

Last edited:

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Makes sense, the Big Stage, up against the Angel and/or the Destroyer (Kostornaya and Trusova)

When, according to Gleikhengauz, Valiyeva's triksel is almost competition ready, she is on equal ice with the seniors when it is inserted in her program and successfully competed.

Adeliya Petrosyan just said in her interview she is planned to compete in Moscow too.
Just up against Alena I think. Sasha will be at stage 4 while Alena will be at both. Although Kamila doesn't have Rostelecom unlike literally all the seniors. That's a lot of competitions in a relatively short period of time for the seniors, especially Alena (and Evgenia if she's attending) - stage 4, Rostelecom, and stage 5.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

Varvara Kisel' plans to compete two triksels in Ice Star, coming weekend.

Varvara's quad Toeloop and Salchov are almost ready, she can jump them clean in training.

somehow the embed Instagram API is broken or my lot of allowed embeddings is up?

Last edited:

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
I understand the bickering started with the following message which I cannot name anything but provocation:

What depth? Where is this depth in Russian ladies skating everybody is talking about? Every year one or two new promissing faces showing up means nothing. It's just a lot of hype about nothing. People think about past promissing skaters and their perception says "huh, it's so crowded there". No it's not. Everybody is beatable. At this moment, there's more depth in Japanese skating.
Ah yes. That was quite the hot take.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker

Varvara Kisel' plans to compete two triksels in Ice Star, coming weekend.

Varvara's quad Toeloop and Salchov are almost ready, she can jump them clean in training.
Someone posted her 4T, 4T+3T and 4S attempts on Telegram. They look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.