Status
Not open for further replies.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I would say thus far it looks kind of like this:
- Liza T/Alyona
- Liza N - has shown better results overall than Guliakova and Samodurova, and has been pretty consistently getting over 190 these past competitions
- Nastya Guliakova - had one great competition at Rostelecom but hasn't had any other good results, not very consistent
- Sonya Samodurova - moderately consistent in terms of landing things but RusFed has really been out to underscore her, also had a few not-so-great competitions like Rostelecom

I really hope Liza N can get a GP (crossing my fingers for two) next year and that she does amazingly at this Cup Final. She deserves it! (Maybe - just maybe - she can get released??? I don't know if she wants that but certainly representing most other countries she'd be guaranteed a spot at Worlds).
Guliakova's result at Rostelecom wasn't that good. She scored only 128 points in the free. She was lucky Trusova had that complete melt down.
Being around 130 points in the free is not Worlds material by Russian standards. And unfortunately that's where Guliakova, Samodurova and Nugumanova are. And that goes for Tsibinova and Talalaikina too...so there is really no way that Tuktamysheva/Kostornaia can lose that Worlds spot.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Guliakova's result at Rostelecom wasn't that good. She scored only 128 points in the free. She was lucky Trusova had that complete melt down.
Being around 130 points in the free is not Worlds material by Russian standards. And unfortunately that's where Guliakova, Samodurova and Nugumanova are. And that goes for Tsibinova and Talalaikina too...so there is really no way that Tuktamysheva/Kostornaia can lose that Worlds spot.
If Liza N skated a completely clean free skate she might be able to reach 140 domestically (given she got 131 at RusNats with only a 2Lz and an underrotated 3Lo and some strange PCS scores). Internationally, given she has little reputation, I wouldn't expect her to get anything above 135 for a clean skate, which would put her like tenth for 2019 Worlds... so yeah, I wouldn't expect RusFed to send Liza N. Which, again, brings me back to thinking about whether or not Liza should just try to get released.

colormyworld240

Medalist
If Liza N skated a completely clean free skate she might be able to reach 140 domestically (given she got 131 at RusNats with only a 2Lz and an underrotated 3Lo and some strange PCS scores). Internationally, given she has little reputation, I wouldn't expect her to get anything above 135 for a clean skate, which would put her like tenth for 2019 Worlds... so yeah, I wouldn't expect RusFed to send Liza N. Which, again, brings me back to thinking about whether or not Liza should just try to get released.

Regardless of what she wants, the fed would never release someone who was 6th at senior nationals.

Paulipau

Final Flight
Country
Poland
Liza is on the cover of the Russian Maxim magazine (its a man's magazine).

Not sure if RusFed is going to like it xd

Dawn825

Medalist
I agree but so far Liza has delivered this season and Aliona hasnt in either of the competitions she participated in. Thats why I consider Liza ahead of Aliona for now. In the end its what you put out there that matters more than your potential.
That's not really accurate. Kostornaia and Nugumanova were both at the 4th stage of the Russian cup. They were 2nd (AK) and 5th (EN), with a gap of 35 points. And they were both at Rostelecom cup. They were 2nd (AK) and 5th (EN) again, with a gap of 30 points. Rostelecom was Kostornaia's worst competition as a senior so far, and she would have had to been 15 points worse than even that to lose to Nugumanova at Nationals. Kostornaia has done waaay better than Nugumanova, as delightful as Nugumanova is.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
That's not really accurate. Kostornaia and Nugumanova were both at the 4th stage of the Russian cup. They were 2nd (AK) and 5th (EN), with a gap of 35 points. And they were both at Rostelecom cup. They were 2nd (AK) and 5th (EN) again, with a gap of 30 points. Rostelecom was Kostornaia's worst competition as a senior so far, and she would have had to been 15 points worse than even that to lose to Nugumanova at Nationals. Kostornaia has done waaay better than Nugumanova, as delightful as Nugumanova is.

Different Liza.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
You misunderstand me. I said Liza T has delivered more than Aliona. Not Liza N

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Don't know, it's kinda weird for me to think of Liza as the favourite right now. Yes, she won over Kostornaia at Rostelecom cup, but that was with the skate of her life and with a gap of less than 3 points (yes I know it's a lot). For me it's very hard to predict where's Kostornaya at with her physical form right now because of a number of factors: haven't seen her in quite a while, she got covid, she has a new LP.

But even with that, I think they're super close regardless of whether she has her 3A back or not (which I'm kinda sure she doesn't). At the end of the day, it might suck, but Kostornaya might still be a safer bet, - at most she'll have some q or < calls, whereas Liza might fall on her 3A and finish way below where Kostornaya would have.

brakes

On the Ice
Liza is on the cover of the Russian Maxim magazine (its a man's magazine).

Not sure if RusFed is going to like it xd
Is this an intimidation attempt before RusCup Final? :unsure:😅

950x1200_0xac120003_14872203291614184087.jpg

TripleAxelQueens3

Final Flight
Regardless of what she wants, the fed would never release someone who was 6th at senior nationals.
Yeah that’s true, Liza could potentially be a threat to some of the other ladies when they aren’t 100% (aka beating Liza T at RusNats). but i just feel so bad that she may never get a chance at worlds... hopefully she’ll at least get a GP next season.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
2.6 points to be more precise and that's not a lot. Had she done a level 4 stsq and a level 3 combo-spin (instead of level 2), she could've easily won the event.

Liza doesn't need to fall. Aliona with 3 underroated jumps can still beat Liza with three clean 3As, as long as she hits all those levels in her spins and stsq.
Exactly my point.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
No matter the outcome between Liza and Alyona, both needs to land a clean 3A if one of them goes to worlds.

Anyway good luck to all the competitors. I’m looking forward to see them skating one more time before the end of the season.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
The main thing is that we have no idea at what form Aliona is in. Liza we more or less knows what to expect but Kostornaia we have no Idea and that makes it hard to predict.
Scenario 1: Aliona has 3A back and in similair form to last season. Then she is clearly ahead of Liza and could also challenge Anna and Sasha. I find this unlikely tbh.

Scenario 2: no 3A for Aliona but no other major jump issues or stSq or spinn issues. Form comparable to her junior days. She will probably edge out Liza just about even if Liza hits 3A and I expect her to be cosen for worlds in that case. (Is this fair to Liza? No really but I think thats the way it would go)

Scenario 3: Similair form to Rostelecom with URs and lost levels. Aliona will probably not be that far behind but unless Aliona beats Liza here I dont see them sending her to worlds. Liza did beat her both in the cup stages and Rostelecom as well as participated in both RusNats (even if that wasnt great) and the channel 1 cup so for now its Liza 4 - Aliona 0

Like I said I dont think the 1st will happen but if we get number 2 or 3 there really is no way to tell without any runthroughs as referenses.

TripleAxelQueens3

Final Flight
The main thing is that we have no idea at what form Aliona is in. Liza we more or less knows what to expect but Kostornaia we have no Idea and that makes it hard to predict.
Scenario 1: Aliona has 3A back and in similair form to last season. Then she is clearly ahead of Liza and could also challenge Anna and Sasha. I find this unlikely tbh.

Scenario 2: no 3A for Aliona but no other major jump issues or stSq or spinn issues. Form comparable to her junior days. She will probably edge out Liza just about even if Liza hits 3A and I expect her to be cosen for worlds in that case. (Is this fair to Liza? No really but I think thats the way it would go)

Scenario 3: Similair form to Rostelecom with URs and lost levels. Aliona will probably not be that far behind but unless Aliona beats Liza here I dont see them sending her to worlds. Liza did beat her both in the cup stages and Rostelecom as well as participated in both RusNats (even if that wasnt great) and the channel 1 cup so for now its Liza 4 - Aliona 0

Like I said I dont think the 1st will happen but if we get number 2 or 3 there really is no way to tell without any runthroughs as referenses.
Alyona and Liza have only gone head to head once this season - Rostelecom. Liza did 3rd stage and Alyona 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.