2020-21 Russian Nationals: Ladies' Free Skate | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Nationals: Ladies' Free Skate

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
The level really has gone up, this could've been the Olympics and I would not have been mad. For reference, Trusova last year was third with 226 points, this year that score would leave her fifth. Anna also improved on her last year's winning score.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
You know how athletes say that they feel empty inside because they have nothing more to give after a wonderful skate? That's how I feel. I feel emotionally drained by having watched this wonderful competition.

Sasha and Kami have so much height on their quads as if they could go for a quint as well! Most beautiful quads! :clap::clap:

Anna, all I have to say: :bow::bow::bow:

P44

On the Ice
Wow, so only Sasha’s flip was called out of the top 5, her score was great but the fact she was the only one doesn’t sit right with me, especially when Daria’s and Anna’s (f)lutzes exist.
Yes Daria's edges were clearly outside on her Lz. But Sasha's 2nd 4 Lz hasn't been called UR while it clearly was

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
OK, bye people, today is truly not my day. I' leaving, not sure whether the curiosity still won't prevail, but I'll try to keep myself from skating till at least the end of the free programs :)

Good luck to everyone.
Well, if you really went through with it and didn't watch live, I am afraid you've missed the most amazing, excellent, insert random superlative here, Ladies' Free Skating event in history! :drama:

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The level really has gone up, this could've been the Olympics and I would not have been mad. For reference, Trusova last year was third with 226 points, this year that score would leave her fifth. Anna also improved on her last year's winning score.
Because of the entry rules, this is probably going to end up better than the Olympics.

You can count on one hand the number of skaters outside Russia that can hang with this. And still have fingers left over.

Last edited:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
One peculiar thing. Nobody tried a 3A except Liza, and hers were both not clean. Is the 3A falling out of fashion?

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
That was just...insane

I was so happy for Sasha! Finally a clean skate and she scored the best she ever had. I was sooooo sure she was the winner.
Then comes Kamila, superclean as well and then I was soooooooo sure she was the winner.
And then Anna, I could never in my days think that she could pull that off! Just fantastic. And she beat her own fantastic score from last year!

Just incredible!

What a fantastic event this was.

Also, superhappy for my girl Talalaykina who has the coolest free program. The magnificent Maleficent! So happy for her!

Also congrats to Tsibinova!

Oh, I'm exhausted now.

Edit: And I forgot Nugumanova 6th! Just fantastic!

Last edited:

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I think everybody will finally admit Sasha needs more than a clean performance with a few quads to win
Certainly not with 2 quads. But frankly, I doubt 5 would help in Russia. They quite clearly are not interested in her winning. Is this pressure to come back to Eteri from the Fed? Or a lesson for future potential "traitors"?

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I think everybody will finally admit Sasha needs more than a clean performance with a few quads to win
Yes, again it shows that a clean Sasha isn't enough when the others are clean. If she had added a 3rd quad it still wouldn't have been enough against Anna, but she might have beaten Kamila.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Shcherbakova's nerves and will are no jokes. What a tough a girl.
She may not have a major intrnational title yet but three nats titles in such competitive era is a big thing.

The only times i sa Eteri give an expressive reaction was when Tursynbaeva got silver at worlds. She was on the verge of crying too when Zagitova skated a clean SP at Rostelecom. I think when she react like that it's either because she's really pleasantly surprised or because she knows how it was physically hard for her athletes to skate like that.

FelineFairy

On the Ice
It was a personal victory for Sasha. A clean programme with two difficult quads and a difficult combo after all the falls in the important events, a disaster at Rostelecom and an injury preventing her from doing more quads, after a stingy treatment in the short - she delivered, she displayed her spirit. She can now bring this back to her mind when she has another challenge.

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
Yes, again it shows that a clean Sasha isn't enough when the others are clean. If she had added a 3rd quad it still wouldn't have been enough against Anna, but she might have beaten Kamila.
The judges weren’t going to allow Trusova a win today. That was evident after the scores in the short program. Trusova is truly a brave girl. She has to work twice as hard just to be judged fair.