2020-21 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Pairs' figure skating

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am also very impressed by Kadyrova and Bal’chnisky.

my predictions this year are terrible, so I think I just go with what probably a lot of people might be feeling after watching the cup:

Boykova/Kozlvskii and Mishina/Gallyamov would skate it off for gold and silver. My personal preference goes to B/K because I enjoy Boykova’s performance talent more than Mishina’s

and then it’s anyone’s guess in the trio of Tarasova/Morozov, Pavlyuchenko/Khodykin and Panfilova/Rylov. My personal favourite in this group is Panfilova/Rylov because of their jaw dropping pair elements and beautiful costuming, but without triple sbs... then it’s P/Kh, because they are so loveable 😂

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
This prediction is not exactly my wish, but as the most probable standings will be:
1. B/K
2. M/G
3. T/M
4. P/K
my predictions are the same as yours event though i would put Panfilova/Rylov in 4th

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
I think the Russian judges and Russian crowd will go for Panfilova/Rylov when they really see them. The jumps are a problem, I wonder if they will keep going for 3S. But I think they will make a push for them to be 4th, 3rd if any unsurprising withdrawals occur above them/Tarasova and Morozov keep doing their thing.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
I think the Russian judges and Russian crowd will go for Panfilova/Rylov when they really see them. The jumps are a problem, I wonder if they will keep going for 3S. But I think they will make a push for them to be 4th, 3rd if any unsurprising withdrawals occur above them/Tarasova and Morozov keep doing their thing. I'm going with :

Seniors
1. Mishina/Galliamov
2. Boikova/Kozlovskii (either that or T/M pull it all together and win)
3. Tarasova/Morozov
4. Panfilova/Rylov
5. Pavliuchenko/Khodykin
6. Kadyrova/Balchenko
7. Artemeva/Nazarychev
8. Pepeleva/Pleshkov
9. Akhanteva/Kolesov
10. Balabanova/Sviatchenko
11. Mukhametzianova/Mironov
12. Akopova/Rakhmanin

Juniors
1. Artemeva/Nazarychev
2. Kostiukovich/Briukhanov
3. Akhanteva/Kolesov
4. Mukhortova/Evgeniev

vorravorra

Record Breaker
well since most of them already had covid .. I think maybe is safe doing predictions
B/K were not back to training yet as of 8 December. I would imagine it might affect their performance at Nationals. At the moment Mishina is the only one training on the same ice who hasn't been sick, my worry is that she may be unlucky enough to get it before Nationals (lets hope she just had a false negative test and in fact has antibodies). Tarasova had pneumonia after Kazan, which is a very different beast from just a positive coronavirus test or mild symptoms. What's up with P/K's training after missing Rostelecom I am not sure. This season is making it very difficult to predict anything at all.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
SPB championships, pairs have currently the SP:

I do not see Vislobokova/Ialin. Were hoping to see some more of their progress :( I hope they do not split, because I think both have really nice qualities but I don't know if there will be many other partners willing to skate with them.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
At the moment Mishina is the only one training on the same ice who hasn't been sick, my worry is that she may be unlucky enough to get it before Nationals (lets hope she just had a false negative test and in fact has antibodies).
It's not unheard of, but seeing that they were training on the same ice, it's kind of hard to fathom the idea that she was the only one that might not have gotten it already. Good for her if she didn't, but it poses a problem for short-term planning. Long-term, that's a whole other thing, as we don't know yet the full scope of what the virus causes in athletes, although we're getting an inkling with some cases--Shpilevaya, Medvedeva.