2020-21 US Women's Figure Skating | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2020-21 US Women's Figure Skating

macy

Record Breaker
Mariah Bell announces her Short to “Glitter in the Air” by P!nk and her Free to a selection of songs from ABBA. Furthermore, she talks about working on the triple-Axel and continuing to strive for consistency.

Link: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/s...ter-mariah-bell-i-want-to-push-my-boundaries/

not sure how i feel about the pink song...but if she still has Adam in her corner i think whatever they come up with will work. she made Britney work (no pun intended) after all!

mrrice

Record Breaker
So, it looks like both Bradie and Mariah are training triple axel. I want them both to land it so badly, to prove that a lady over 18 (heck, over 21!) and over 5’6” can land an ultra C element.

Is Bradie really 5'6"? If she lands a 3A that would be amazing!

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Mariah Bell announces her Short to “Glitter in the Air” by P!nk and her Free to a selection of songs from ABBA. Furthermore, she talks about working on the triple-Axel and continuing to strive for consistency.

Link: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/s...ter-mariah-bell-i-want-to-push-my-boundaries/

I genuinely cannot tell you how excited I am for her free programme!! I love ABBA and I can totally see Mariah pulling off a dancing queen medley! Excellent choice of programmes - the SP is a nice lyrical song and something fresh, upbeat and fun for the free :love:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Any updates on Gracie? Has she said what her competitive plans are for the season (assuming competitions happen)? I was disappointed she didn't participate in the virtual event.

dancelion21

On the Ice

I love that song from P!nk, and it's quite lyrical, like her free program last year. Mariah had a breakthrough last season because of her consistency, and while I'm doubtful if she can get a triple axel (her double axel isn't that huge or impressive), she can certainly continue to challenge for medals if she stays consistent with her current tech content.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Any updates on Gracie? Has she said what her competitive plans are for the season (assuming competitions happen)? ...

Newly published today: The interview with Gracie for the most recent installment of Ellie Pogrebinsky's "Women in Athletics" series.

https://youtu.be/RhTVQMxj5a8 (Aug 22, 59:58)​

Disclaimer: I have not listened to the interview yet. I do not know whether they talk about the upcoming season. (The main purpose of Ellie's series is to cover broader issues.)

So, it looks like both Bradie and Mariah are training triple axel. I want them both to land it so badly, to prove that a lady over 18 (heck, over 21!) and over 5’6” can land an ultra C element.

My money is on Amber Glenn to prove your point. :)
She is landing 3As in practice (and she was credited with one in a virtual competition, per the protocol that was on her Instastory).

ETA (on Aug 23):
Amber will turn 21 in approx. two months.​

Good luck to all.

creaturelover

On the Ice

Bradie I could see succeeding, Mariah not so sure.

Also Mariah is 5’3” right? Or am I being crazy (I am aware the height in the post is referencing Bradie, I just can’t remember how tall Mariah is)

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Isabeau Levito debuted her 3f3t on instagram! Her technique is as wonky as ever but it's nice to see her doing well! Feeling really bad for all of the juniors missing JGP this year, as I think it's incredibly valuable experience.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to their ISU bios: Mariah is 163 cm, or 64.17" (5'4"). Bradie is 168 cm, 66.14" (5'6"). Amber Glenn is 170 cm, 66.93" - nearly 5'7".

mrrice

Record Breaker
:eek:topic:

I know that there are skaters and thousands of fans in Texas. I hope they are all in a safe place as the hurricane approaches the coast. :pray:

bubblecherry

Final Flight
I wish Karen would've moved to Orser at the same time Jason did. I doubt there was ever any interest from either side, but that was really a dream team of mine. It's not too late ;)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
New Fan Zone article about Mariah mentions that it was Molly Oberstar who first suggested Pink's "Glitter in the Air" for Mariah in January.

And Mariah's new SP is choreographed not only by Adam, but also by Molly.

The new article: CEO Of Her Career, Mariah Bell Explains Her Mentality and the New Programs She Hopes Lead to Even More Success

On Sat Aug 29, Bradie and other World Arena ladies (and men) will take part in an in-house version of Aerial Challenge.

Senior entries: Tomoki, Vincent, Pooja, Maryn Pierce, Paige Rydberg, Bradie, Sierra Venetta.

Guest judges: Josh Farris, Max Aaron, Mirai Nagasu.

It will be shown live from 1:00 - 2:30 pm MT on @coachtomz's Instagram.

More information in the Summer 2020 U.S. Competitions thread.

ETA:

Good Morning America made a video featuring Starr Andrews. Her heartfelt on-camera comments for GMA are interwoven with On Ice Perspectives videography of her "Black Like Me" program. (It also has some cute photos of Starr as a much younger girl.)

Starr Andrews wants to be the first Black American skater to win gold at the Olympics

In this now viral video, Andrews skated to Mickey Guyton's “Black Like Me” to honor “the struggles that African Americans have and still are enduring.”

It currently is on the GMA home page. (Hat tip to OIP's Instastory).​

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
She is close but, if that was as close as she is.....I say leave it out. She has such strong toe jumps that I think she should go for a quad Toe or even a Lutz.

Bradie's best jump is the flip, but in all honesty I can't see her getting a quad flip as she has a tendency to UR her jumps as it is. I understand why she wants to try and up her technical firepower but she isn't the most powerful jumper - I hope she succeeds though with training a 3A.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
That 3A attempt was landed forwards at best, how did it look close? I think she should learn to get a better vault from the takeoff and do a big, airy 2A before trying to do 3A.