2. Yuma KAGIYAMA
3. Kazuki TOMONO
4. Keiji TANAKA
5. Sota YAMAMOTO

Dance
1. Kana MURAMOTO / Daisuke TAKAHASHI
2. Misato KOMATSUBARA / Tim KOLETO
3. Rikako FUKASE / Eichu CHO

I usually don´t do pairs or dance in predictions, but since there is only dance and 3 participants, what the hell can go wrong? :laugh:

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Ladies:
1. Wakaba Higuchi
2. Young You
3. Kaori Sakamoto
4. Mai Mihara
5. Rino Matsuike
6. Mana Kawabe

Men:
1. Yuma Kagiyama
2. Shun Sato
3. Kazuki Tomono
4. Keiji Tanaka
5. Sota Yamamoto
6. Mitsuki Sumoto

Dance:
1. Misato Komatsubara / Tim Koleto
2. Kana Muramoto / Daisuke Takahashi
3. Rikako Fukase / Eichu Cho

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Firstly, I just want to say that I got a big disappointment when I saw the entry lists, and discovered that Rika Hongo was not there. I had been looking forward to the prospect of seeing one of my long time favourites back in action again after so long.

I was kinda hoping that the strange circumstances of this season might mean that the now veteran skater Ayaka Hosoda would finally get the chance to make her GP debut, exactly 11 years to the day after her only previous international competition (the 2009 Crystal Skate). But, alas!

But, as for my actual predictions, this was very tricky. Because, of the skaters I am familiar with (i.e. all of them except for Matsuike, who won Junior Nationals last week), I like them all!

One thing I was looking forward to with this year’s NHK was finally having the opportunity to put Japanese skaters in all of the scoring positions. As somebody who has a soft spot for all things Japanese, this was my dream. But, I couldn’t even manage that, because You Young was added to the entry list. And she has a VERY good chance of winning the title! :drama: (Which is why I am surprised the JSF accepted her, because she is such a threat to their skaters).

In fact, based on recent form, I would say that You Young is the favourite. So, I have gone the whole hog and put her on top. This was the only change I made from the best score order. And not making any more changes may be dangerous because, apart from Yokoi (who achieved her absolute PB in February), none of the Japanese skaters that had higher PB’s than Matsuike had achieved them after 2018.

I have to be honest, going into this, I was not planning on putting Kagiyama on top in the Men. However, then I saw his score from Regionals at the start of October. And then I saw what the other guys have been scoring this season. And I thought “nobody is going to come close to touching him!”

After him, Tanaka and Tomono had the next highest absolute PB’s. However, these were both from the 2017-18 Season. Their scores from Regionals and Sectionals this season were a LOT lower. To the extent that if we were doing it on Season’s Bests, they would be in the bottom half of the field.

Everything said that I had to push them down. But, I couldn’t bring myself to push them down that far. So, I just pushed them down to 5th and 6th. And, because both of Tomono’s scores from this season were higher than Tanaka’s highest score from this season, I switched them around too.

Considering that I was intending to put Tanaka down for the win, having him as my alternate was a major change of plan.

After my tactic of doing crazy predictions in Ladies at the Cup Of Russia partly paid off, I was tempted to do the same for Ice Dance here. Hey, with only 3 entries, we are guaranteed to be getting points from all the skaters no matter what order we put them in!

So, given that I have always been a big fan of Daisuke Takahashi from his days in Singles, and I also really liked Kana Muramoto / Chris Reed (we’ll never forget you, Chris! :cry: ), I so wanted to go all out and put them down for the win. But, since Muramoto / Takahashi haven’t done any competitions yet, and since it is less than a month since Mr & Mrs Koleto achieved their absolute PB, I decided to wind my neck in. So, I put the newbies into 2nd position instead.

CaroLiza_fan

NHK TROPHY

Ladies

1. Young YOU, KOR
  2. Kaori SAKAMOTO, JPN
  3. Mai MIHARA, JPN
  4. Wakaba HIGUCHI, JPN
  5. Yuhana YOKOI, JPN
  6. Mako YAMASHITA, JPN
  7. Marin HONDA, JPN
  8. Rino MATSUIKE, JPN
  9. Tomoe KAWABATA, JPN
  10. Mana KAWABE, JPN
  11. Nana ARAKI, JPN
  12. Chisato URAMATSU, JPN

Men

1. Yuma KAGIYAMA, JPN
  2. Shun SATO, JPN
  3. Sota YAMAMOTO, JPN
  4. Kao MIURA, JPN
  5. Kazuki TOMONO, JPN
  6. Keiji TANAKA, JPN
  7. Mitsuki SUMOTO, JPN
  8. Yuto KISHINA, JPN
  9. Lucas Tsuyoshi HONDA, JPN
  10. Sena MIYAKE, JPN
  11. Nozomu YOSHIOKA, JPN

Ice Dance

1. Misato KOMATSUBARA / Tim KOLETO, JPN
  2. Kana MURAMOTO / Daisuke TAKAHASHI, JPN
  3. Rikako FUKASE / Eichu CHO, JPN

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
LADIES
1. Young YOU
2. Kaori SAKAMOTO
3. Wakaba HIGUCHI
4. Mai MIHARA
5. Yuhana YOKOI
6. Marin HONDA

MEN
1. Keiji TANAKA
2. Yuma KAGIYAMA
3. Kazuki TOMONO
4. Shun SATO
5. Sota YAMAMOTO
6. Kao MIURA

ICE DANCE
1. Kana MURAMOTO/Daisuke TAKAHASHI
2. Misato KOMATSUBARA/Tim KOLETO
3. Rikako FUKASE/Eichu CHO

Sherlock Marple

On the Ice
Ladies
1 Kaori SAKAMOTO
2 Wakaba HIGUCHI
3 Young YOU
4 Mai MIHARA
5 Yuhana YOKOI
6 Mako YAMASHITA

Men
1 Yuma KAGIYAMA
2 Shun SATO
3 Kazuki TOMONO
4 Keiji TANAKA
5 Sota YAMAMOTO
6 Sena MIYAKE

Ice Dance
1 Misato KOMATSUBARA / Tim KOLETO
2 Kana MURAMOTO / Daisuke TAKAHASHI
3 Rikako FUKASE / Eichu CHO

cake

On the Ice
Here are mens results. As usual, the men made it hard for us to predict. Most participants called the winner, but many lost big points on Yamamoto and/or Sato.

Gold with 55 points goes to Chris Cooper, who put Kagiyama, Tanaka and Sato in the right spot and earned additional 10 points for Tomono :cheer:

Silver with 50 points is shared by :hap10:
apgold
Giu
ladyjane
Skatesocs
TheMightyBidoof
YuBluByMe

Bronze with 45 points goes to :hap10:
Colonel Green
surimi

Congrats to all medalists :hb::clap:
Results will be added to the spreadsheet soon. Send me a pm if you find a mistake.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Here are the results for the Ice Dance competition at the NHK Trophy.

Last night was the night that Irish children look forward to every year – the night that “The Late Late Toy Show” is broadcast!!! So, it would be fitting to use one of the catchphrases of it’s original host, the late Gay Byrne, to announce the results:

“And the good news is: there is a medal for everyone in the audience game!”

We only had 3 perfect scores, from @alyssamarie, @Antoine and @GoneWithTheWind.

The vast majority of players won the Silver Medal. And in all of these cases, the reason was for putting Murakami / Takahashi ahead of Fukase / Cho.

But, the players that I have most admiration for were the 9 players that won the Bronze Medal. Because these were the players that put Murakami / Takahashi into the top position. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Here are the podium finishers.

GOLD with 45 points: @alyssamarie, @Antoine, @GoneWithTheWind.

SILVER with 35 points: @4everchan, @Alex65, @apgold, @Artemisa, @cabres, @cake, @CaroLiza_fan, @CrazyKittenLady, @elektra blue, @FayD, @Gia_Sesshoumaru, @Giu, @gsk8, @Hyena, @invisiblespiral, @itofan, @Jeanie19, @Koatterce, @ladyjane, @Lamente Ariane, @lutz, @NYscorp6, @Pandicorn, @purplecat, @readernick, @Roo87, @Shakuhachi, @Sherlock Marple, @Skatesocs, @surimi, @synesthesia, @TheMightyBidoof, @YuBluByMe, @yume.

BRONZE with 25 points: @Chris Cooper, @Colonel Green, @Dreamer57, @Gourlie, @kirauza343, @lariko, @Moxiejan, @norwegianfairytale, @SnowWhite.

Congratulations!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

All the Dance scores are already in the scoresheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dM2cxvLcclTJUqLwLnrbrh7m-F1VAO4-Y0tFx34M-6E/edit?usp=sharing

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Here are the results for the Ladies competition at the NHK Trophy.

We had only 1 gold-medal score, from Lamente Ariane, who not only was one of the few to have Sakamoto in the top position but also was correct on places 2 & 4 and only 1 place off on 5.

Many players had Young You as the champion & all had her somewhere in the top 5. Since everyone was harmed by the 0 points for You, it was still possible to get as high as a silver with her at #1, as long as points were gained in the other 4 spots.

Here are the podium finishers.

GOLD with 55 points: Lamente Ariane.

SILVER with 50 points: Giu, GoneWithTheWind, invisiblespiral, TheMightyBidoof, YuBluByMe, yume,

BRONZE with 45 points: alyssamarie, cabres, cake, Sherlock Marple.

Congratulations!!!

All the Ladies scores are already in the scoresheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dM2cxvLcclTJUqLwLnrbrh7m-F1VAO4-Y0tFx34M-6E/edit?usp=sharing

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
silver is a beautiful color :LOL: it doesn't matter it was an easy one, a medal is a medal (as Dai and Kana probably said :LOL:) thank you scorers and thank you host! congratulations to all the others medalists!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just letting you know that I have just updated the Hall Of Fame post for the NHK Trophy:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2650069/

Although I am not declaring anything until we get official confirmation that the GP Final is definitely cancelled, in all probability the second table in that post will be the Final Results for the 2020 Senior GP Game.

So, congratulations to everybody! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

CaroLiza_fan

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Wow, a gold in Ladies! I thought I did pretty decently but that's better than I thought :biggrin: And it looks like all-around silver as well as individual silver from Dance? :party2: