2021-22 International Competitions Calendar announced | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021-22 International Competitions Calendar announced

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok so I’m grumpily trying to figure out a way to go to Cranberry Cup. The hotels in Norwood seem expensive. Are there any nearby towns in which the hotels may be cheaper?

charmblade

Final Flight
Ok so I’m grumpily trying to figure out a way to go to Cranberry Cup. The hotels in Norwood seem expensive. Are there any nearby towns in which the hotels may be cheaper?
Check out Dedham. I’ve had family stay there when visiting and the prices were reasonable but I know that hotel prices in general are really high right now.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Skating Club of Boston has on its website that a decision as to whether or not to allow spectators will be announced on July 15. So we need to not all get too excited.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would like to go to Cranberry but the uncertainty about spectators plus lack of reasonably priced lodging is putting me off. I don't have a car or drive much since I live in NYC so finding lodging in another town will just add up in Uber costs.

I may just hold out for Mid Atlantics/John Nicks in September since that is easy for me to get to. That is of course, if spectators are allowed at Chelsea Piers.

Lets hope for a Livestream from the SCoB!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would like to go to Cranberry but the uncertainty about spectators plus lack of reasonably priced lodging is putting me off. I don't have a car or drive much since I live in NYC so finding lodging in another town will just add up in Uber costs.

I may just hold out for Mid Atlantics/John Nicks in September since that is easy for me to get to. That is of course, if spectators are allowed at Chelsea Piers.

At this point I am planning to go. I’m just making cancellablw hotel reservations.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Norwood is on the T line, so that could help with not needing an Uber. And I hope there is a live stream, too.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone who wants to go should think about making reservations. The hotels in the area are $200-$300 a night. I had to go 25 miles out.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another suggestion for Cranberry Open... Norwood is right on Route 95. Providence, RI is about 35 minutes away. I think accommodations might be cheaper there.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another suggestion for Cranberry Open... Norwood is right on Route 95. Providence, RI is about 35 minutes away. I think accommodations might be cheaper there.
Thanks. I will look right now.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They’re about the same. Most $200-$300 a night. Wonder what (besides Cranberry Open) is going on.

Aimee-01

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Does anyone have a link to the jgp assignments. I can only find the gp assignments. If anyone could find it that would be a great help :)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone have a link to the jgp assignments. I can only find the gp assignments. If anyone could find it that would be a great help :)
The only assignments have been as countries have announced their assignments..

For example, the US has announced assignments for the first JGP in Courchevel here:

I believe Canada has also made announcements for the first JGP.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I thought the U.S. international classic was supposed to be in Norwood, Massachusetts, now it says TBA. I'll be so sad if it's not there.

... the US Classic which had already been announced for Skating Club of Boston—on the East Coast for the first time in many years—now is listed as location TBA.

Let‘s hope that comp stays in Boston. ...

I for one very much hope the US Classic will be at the new Skate Club of Boston facility that is 15 minutes from my house.

... I do hope they keep US Classic in Norwood as it would be fun to go to that as well by train!

Updates re U.S. Classic:

The ISU event page has changed "TBA" location for U.S. Classic to Norwood, Mass.

And the Announcement document for the competition now is posted on the ISU event page.

For those who had commented in this thread that they would like U.S. Classic to take place at SCOB, I am cross-posting the news here from the U.S. Classic event thread.
Caveat that the Announcement document does not make any mention of spectators (one way or the other), as far as I can see.

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ahhhhhhh. Should I wait and go there instead of Cranberry???

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's hard to decide until we know who are competing.
I know, but I’d think we’d know about Cranberry first? It’s a 4 day drive for me 2 there, 2 back - and I can’t afford it twice in 2 months.

Andrea82

Medalist
No annoucement with deadline of entries and other organisational info for Minsk Ice Star published on ISU website so far. Since it is supposed to be on 13-17th October, it may not be a good thing.

The IceLab International Cup/Bergamo on Ice has been moved from 5-7th November to 14-16th January. I suppose Italian Fed would like to concentrate on the new Italian GP stage scheduled for that week of November.

All other events until Mid-November have announcements out except for Golden Bear of Zagreb.

Andrea82

Medalist
Golden Bear, Crystal Skate (Bucharest), Denkova-Staviski Cup (Sofia), Amber Cup (Kaunas), Bosphorus Cup (Istanbul), Christmas Magic (Bucharest) are reported as cancelled on ISU website.