2021-22 Japanese Women's Figure Skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Japanese Women's Figure Skating

Dawn825

Medalist
My phone can't translate the article, is there an explanation? Cuz this doesn't sound promising to me.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bing translator:

(Headline?:

Rika Kihira moved her base to Canada and coached by Mr. Orser's team "Cherish it day by day")

The management company of Rika Kihira (19=Toyota Motor Corporation), who has won two consecutive All-Japan Championships in figure skating, announced on Thursday that she will move her training base to Toronto, Canada, under the guidance of Team Brian Orser, led by Coach Brian Orser, 59.

The team consists of two consecutive Olympic men's champion Yuzuru Hanyu (26=ANA), 10-year Vancouver Olympic women's gold medal gold 妍-child Kim Yona (31), and the team consists of Gislan Briand, who has a reputation for jump coaching, and David Wilson, who choreographs Kihei's free of the season.

Kihei commented, "Under the guidance of Coach Brian Orser and his team, who have produced many top skaters, we are very pleased to be aiming for the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics, and the Toronto Cricket Club, which is a training place, is a blessed environment with great facilities, so I would like to practice every day with great facilities."

◆Rika Kihira Born in Nishinomiya City, Hyogo Prefecture on July 21, 2002. She started competing at the age of four and succeeded in 2016 as the seventh triple Axel (triple and a half jump) in the women's world. He won the All Japan Junior Championship for the first time in 2017, and won the Grand Prix (GP) Final in 2018, and the 4 continents championship in 2019 and 2020. In December 2018, he won the All Japan Championship for the second time in a row. While not recognized by the International Skating Federation (ISU), she was the second Japanese woman to successfully jump four times since Miki Ando. 155 cm.

readernick

Medalist
My phone can't translate the article, is there an explanation? Cuz this doesn't sound promising to me.
I think it has clearly always been her plan. She stated her move to Lambiel was temporary and only went because Canadian borders were closed. Rika has worked with Ghislain many times previously and she already has some of the best technique among senior women's skaters. So, I don't think the move will be too difficult. It will all depend on her injury though. If healed, I think she will do fine. If not, she is going to have a bad season. We will see

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
She wanted to go to the TCC all along but couldn't until now due to the pandemic, I don't think there's any need for additional explanation.

Reactions: Myr

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Apparently Rika is going to be moving to the TCC now that the international borders to Canada are open:

I sincerely hope Brian will help her to show on competition all she’s truly capable of. I think he did bring out the best of Yuzu, so perhaps Rika will shine even brighter with Brian’s help.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Good luck to Rika in TCC!
Do we know if Satoko will return to Canada?

Dawn825

Medalist
I think it has clearly always been her plan. She stated her move to Lambiel was temporary and only went because Canadian borders were closed. Rika has worked with Ghislain many times previously and she already has some of the best technique among senior women's skaters. So, I don't think the move will be too difficult. It will all depend on her injury though. If healed, I think she will do fine. If not, she is going to have a bad season. We will see
I know it was her plan to move the pandemic, but starting with a new coach 6 months before the Olympics doesnt sound like enough time to establish a successful partnership. But I was thinking about Brian not Ghislain. If hes someone shes worked with for years and mainly who shes moving to Canada to train with, that makes more sense. I was also thinking about her injury, if shes in the healing process I guess it's fine, but if she still needs a lot of treatment I would worry about how moving to a whole new country in the middle of that would add so much stress. Not to mention that Japan still has there mandatory quarantine period so she wouldnt be able to go home except for nationals presumably. I hope its for the best obviously.

surimi

Record Breaker
Choosing Wakaba would make sense, she's had strong scores recently.
Too bad I sense there will be no Yuhana this year as she's such a nice performer. At least she was there last year.

Azikin

Medalist
Too bad I sense there will be no Yuhana this year as she's such a nice performer. At least she was there last year.
I'd love to see her, too. She was also in good form last season.. better than some of the listed names but she's never been exactly a favourite...

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
According to the news: (in Japanese)

The competition of JO will be held on Oct 2nd, followed by the Ex - Carnival on ice.
But one more exhibition will be held on Oct 3rd for the skaters to perform their SP programs of the season.

surimi

Record Breaker
I was thinking it would. Well deserved! I'm happy for Rino.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Good! I really like Rino. I’m glad she is one of five Japanese ladies who gets two spots in the circuit.