2021-22 Russian Nationals: Pairs' FS | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Nationals: Pairs' FS

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Do you know why they put these "ears" on their heads? In Russia, all couples are given affectionate nicknames based on their surnames (sometimes, however, not by last name - Tarasov/Morozov is called "рыжики"- "little redheads"). Mishina/Gallyamov are called by a nickname based on Nastya's last name - "mishki" ("cub bears","taddy bears")

Joe Mendoza

Virtuously Shady Diva
Final Flight
congrats Mishina/Galiamov. but please wear a mask - coughing incessantly during the interview is cringe. or get some water. lol

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Both deserve the gold.... but I think B/K will be beating them soon .. B/K looked like they are in a mission and that second place is just the first step
But B/K have a history of messing things up in the moment when it depends on it the most and M/G have a position of the world champions and fresh russian champions, so we will see.

Kittosuni

Medalist
these 3 teams are going to be hard to beat in the olympics if they skate like this especially B/K and M/G.

Sui/Han just doesnt have the base value like T/M to contend to those 2 teams and will need to skate lightsout to close out the gap thru monstrous GOEs and PCS.

Olympics is going to be exciting!

Artemisa

Final Flight
But B/K have a history of messing things up in the moment when it depends on it the most and M/G have a position of the world champions and fresh russian champions, so we will see.
Yes I know... but not being the front runners probably will help them ... but there something in Boikova that had change .. they look like they are seeking revenge for becoming the second team of moskovina... and revenge is a powerfull fuel

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight
So I've loved Mishina/Galliamov since their junior days, but can we talk about how her euler always looks like a step-out? I know she's not the only skater who does this but it always throws me off, score-wise.
Yes I thought it was a step out! Oh it's an euler! Didn't realise thought she had made a mistake

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
these 3 teams are going to be hard to beat in the olympics if they skate like this especially B/K and M/G.

Sui/Han just doesnt have the base value like T/M to contend to those 2 teams and will need to skate lightsout to close out the gap thru monstrous GOEs and PCS.

Olympics is going to be exciting!
True about base lack of base value, but the reports show S/H are working on it a little.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was simply the most spectacular last half hour! Every one better than the last (but Daria/Denis above Julia/partner).

But the main event ... T/M, B/K, and M/G :bsplit::hap10: At first, I thought the judges were on a mission to do everything they could to make T/M first. But then, who could ever deny B/K those scores after such a performance? To see what they've done over the season is just amazing. They did not give up.

And then, the tip of the top. M/G :points::dance3: ... having never even medalled at a Russian Nationals before ... everyone knew that Russian Nats has been their nemesis. And to win in such a spectacular way ... with a free program that is by far not their best or anybody's favorite, nor probably the best (who knows) in comparison to their direct competitors ... well, it shows what Anastasia and Aleksandr are made of. Their World Championship title is not a fluke. Their Junior World Title championship was a portend of great things to come.

What a thrilling event.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So I've loved Mishina/Galliamov since their junior days, but can we talk about how her euler always looks like a step-out? I know she's not the only skater who does this but it always throws me off, score-wise.
Score wise, I've been watching and thinking about it for a while. I wonder if the judges just see so many great qualities in their 3S-eu-3S that taking a bit off for the euler doesn't lower the GOE much at all. I also think that M/G show great skill and synchronicity by Always Getting that final 3S exactly in unison. Shows such marvelous sensitivity to each other.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
It just breaks my heart that we won’t see Be Italian at the Olympics :) Easily the best pairs program of the year. Oh well!

Maybe they will keep their programs for next year.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I hope B/K finally reached the mindset needed to become the great pair they already are. The competition with M/G can only help them push forward and grow more.