2021-22 Russian Pairs' Figure Skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Pairs' Figure Skating

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Nastia is also a big fan of Stolbova!
I think Morozov did the Bond program so it's nice to see what new programs he comes up with for the new season.

well.. I think Lady Moskvina had the olympic programm's ready for B/K since they were juniors. I don't have any doubt about that

I read this a bit quickly and jumped to the conclusion of Lady Caliph!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Nastia is also a big fan of Stolbova!
I think Morozov did the Bond program so it's nice to see what new programs he comes up with for the new season.

I read this a bit quickly and jumped to the conclusion of Lady Caliph!
I hope Nastia shows some Stolbova divaness. I think that all three top Russian pairs team need more character. They do not have that special quality that Sui and Han have. But some of them have a 3S eu 3S - pretty impressive. I am starting to appreciate the technical difficulty and skill of Duhamel and Radford now We don't see any quad throws really or triple lutzes individually but I will give credit to the two russians with the 3S eu 3S that is intense.

hanca

Record Breaker
Frankly speaking, it took several years for Sui/Han after moving to senior level to gain that special quality everyone admires them for. The Russians still have time ahead of them.
Yes, I recall first two or three years of Sui-Han in seniors. Their basic skating skills were so bad, one could hear scratching in between the elements. Then there was a season when Sui was injured and they missed nearly whole season, came just for the worlds, and skated like a completely changed pair. Not sure if because of the injury they couldn’t concentrate on the elements and so they just worked on basic stroking, but it was like if someone turned Jenna McCorkell into Mao Asada. It was a huge difference. And there was also the program they skated to for three seasons! No one would think at that time that they will turn into anything special in the future.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Frankly speaking, it took several years for Sui/Han after moving to senior level to gain that special quality everyone admires them for. The Russians still have time ahead of them.
the thing here is that there is no time - there are younger pairs that will give them too much competitoin

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
the thing here is that there is no time - there are younger pairs that will give them too much competitoin
Yes, there is. The younger teams have to survive up to senior level or to establish themselves there. And as far as too much competition is concerned, three teams already were the ones who pushed older buddies and conquered their place on top and of course they are aware that someone wants to do the same thing regarding to them.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They love red. I'm not sure they're going to change, but it's seems like it would be time to branch out a bit.
Yes! I would love to see Anastasia wearing that beautiful saturated blue color she wore for a tv interview recently. :love: Bits and lines to be echoed in Aleksandr's costume, of course.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Yes! I would love to see Anastasia wearing that beautiful saturated blue color she wore for a tv interview recently. :love: Bits and lines to be echoed in Aleksandr's costume, of course.
I think she would also be lovely in that light pink that she wore for the gala, though royal blue or a purple (less messy than the one they wore to test skates that was later worn by Storublevtseva) could work well. Maybe navy blue?

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Is it wrong that the thing I am most excited about from this whole situation is the fact that now we get to see a pair of Kostiuk/Chigiriev...but Osokina/Rud should contend for some novice titles this year, I am quite excited as they are both young and artistic.

happycamper2554

On the Ice
Is it wrong that the thing I am most excited about from this whole situation is the fact that now we get to see a pair of Kostiuk/Chigiriev...but Osokina/Rud should contend for some novice titles this year, I am quite excited as they are both young and artistic.
We haven't seen Osokina/Rud's pair elements. We have no idea how they are going to do