2021-22 Russian Pairs' Figure Skating | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Pairs' Figure Skating

LadyB

Record Breaker
As for the Rostelecom Spot, I think they will try to see how Akopova/Rakhmanin and Kadyrova/Balchenko are looking early in the season. With Moskvina on their side it's hard not to give it to K/B but with her growth, who knows what will happen. SAme with A/N
I'm so hoping it will be Akopova/Rakhmanin. It would be a dream!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Congratulations to Tamara Moskvina on the Lifetime Achievement award :giggle:

(and Alexei Mishin too!)

This was such fun to watch! Maxim and Elizaveta were just great, and some lovely pairs' tricks by all the pairs! love Misha and Evgeni too.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Viktoria Vasilieva and Nikita Volodin split, new Viktoria's partner is Roman Zaporozhets.

hanca

Record Breaker
Viktoria Vasilieva and Nikita Volodin split, new Viktoria's partner is Roman Zaporozhets.
Is there anyone with whom Zaporozhets haven’t skated yet? She will be his seventh partner. Pity it never got him anywhere…

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Is there anyone with whom Zaporozhets haven’t skated yet? She will be his seventh partner. Pity it never got him anywhere…
Then I feel pity for Vika as with this partner she probably has no perspective.

hanca

Record Breaker
Vasilieva definitely does not have perspective with Zaporozhets.
Zaporozhets switched to pairs in season 2011-2012, so that means he has done 9 seasons in pairs. In those nine seasons he once qualified with his partner to the nationals of elder age (junior B nationals), that was in 2013, and once to the junior nationals (in 2017). That’s not a very good indicator, not being able to qualify for the nationals. The past few years he has been in seniors and seniors have not been a very strong category until recently; it wouldn’t have been that hard to qualify for the nationals and yet he did not manage.
Out of the six previous partners, I don’t know how strong the first few were, but the last two were pretty decent. Evseeva was a girl who moved from singles, she had all jumps and 3-3 combinations. Kudriavtseva is an experienced pair skater who was pretty stable with her side by side jumps, although struggled with throw jumps. With Evseeva he skated for two years and yet they did not qualify for senior nationals, with Kudriavtseva he did only one competition. I would think that a girl would have to be very desperate to get a partner to be willing to skate with him.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i'm happy she's sticking with pairs, on the other hand her partner is not promising at all, just another evidence on how hard is to find a male partner in pairs :frown:

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight
On a shallow note: looking at her partner, I kind of understand Osokina's willing to switch to pairs ;)
However I still feel sad about her decision.
He is gorgeous...definitely would switch !! 😂....don't think she stood much chance of challenging the top skaters. Good move although pairs is pretty well stacked with as much talent. Wish her all the best.

hanca

Record Breaker
He is gorgeous...definitely would switch !! 😂....don't think she stood much chance of challenging the top skaters. Good move although pairs is pretty well stacked with as much talent. Wish her all the best.
Pairs discipline is quite crowded, but not as unpenetrable as ladies. In pairs, one can get to the top if they are consistent and have a decent level technical difficulty. In ladies, having clean seven triples FS is not enough any more. One needs to be coached by Turberidze to have the right PCS, and even that won’t be guarantee because the majority of contenders now are coached by her. Vasilieva did not have a chance in singles, but long-term she has a chance in pairs. Not with this partner, but if she gets a better partner, it will only depends on their skills.

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight
Pairs discipline is quite crowded, but not as unpenetrable as ladies. In pairs, one can get to the top if they are consistent and have a decent level technical difficulty. In ladies, having clean seven triples FS is not enough any more. One needs to be coached by Turberidze to have the right PCS, and even that won’t be guarantee because the majority of contenders now are coached by her. Vasilieva did not have a chance in singles, but long-term she has a chance in pairs. Not with this partner, but if she gets a better partner, it will only depends on their skills.
Yes I hope so, loved Vasilieva , she is really suited to pairs. I hope she gets a better partner , so much talent goes to waste in Russia. Having the right coach certainly seems to be the case.

hanca

Record Breaker
Yes I hope so, loved Vasilieva , she is really suited to pairs. I hope she gets a better partner , so much talent goes to waste in Russia. Having the right coach certainly seems to be the case.
You never know it will go to waste. She may find another country to compete for. Nika Osipova will skate for Netherlands, Metelkina/Parkman for Georgia, Mitrofanova (ice dance) will skate for Bosnia and Herzegovina, Efimova will skate for Germany…. I am sure there is a country who will welcome Vasilieva, if she is serious enough and if she can’t get anywhere in Russia.