2021-22 Russian Pairs' Figure Skating | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Pairs' Figure Skating

Kittosuni

Medalist
Ok T/M’s LP is really promising. They usually tend to commit unnecessary mistake in their free program which usually holds them back a lot scoring wise so seeing them skate clean is really promising.

Sliusarenko finally going head to head with the big guns. We all know his pair Panfilova/Rylov is going to have a hard time surviving the seniors so seeing him full time at T/M’s side really announced his arrival at the senior events. Out of everyone he is the one who looked the happiest with the results. Must be a big moment and step forward for him who is usually just seen as a pit stop for skaters to get their good basics then moves on with a more established coach

Kittosuni

Medalist
So T/M really did their throw triple Flip which counted as lutz?? But base value is same so it did not matter. With T/M’s character over the years, honestly this is something I did not expect them doing. Upping their tech content which most teams will not do in the olympic season.

Last edited:

readernick

Medalist
So T/M really did their throw triple Flip which counted as lutz?? But base value is same so it did not matter. Upping their tech content which we usually dont see with most teams in the olympic season.
They need to. Sui/Han at their best can score 83/84 in the SP and 155/156 in the FS (and that's not at a Chinese run Olympics) and they will be competing in China which will bring with it a hometown advantage. Honestly, I am hoping for great skates from both of these teams.

Kittosuni

Medalist
They need to. Sui/Han at their best can score 83/84 in the SP and 155/156 in the FS (and that's not at a Chinese run Olympics) and they will be competing in China which will bring with it a hometown advantage. Honestly, I am hoping for great skates from both of these teams.
I dont think they are thinking about Sui/Han or any non—Russian pairs right now especially with so much competition back home and with them being unofficially no.3 and on the brink of falling off to no. 4.

I would assume that beating Moskovina’s pairs are the ultimate goal right now which is an appropriate goal.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I actually love that Tutberidze/Sliusarenko combo at the boards with T/M. It has an air of sophisticated greatness about it, Sliusarenko has built up a proper army over the past two years, not just Panfilova/Rylov, but also Artemieva/Nazarychev and lots of Junior pairs.

hanca

Record Breaker
Speaking of Sliusarenko: it would appear that Alina Raskovalova/Artem Butaev have split up!

Do we know for sure that this is Butaev? It could be anyone…

ETA: the Russian forum also says it is him. Then it is very likely true. To be fair, Raskovalova grew and was going through the puberty. Thought I never realised he is so small. He is only 177 cm, and he is already 19… I don’t want to be pessimistic, but he will follow the path of Mirzoev, and Yalin… I don’t think 177 is tall enough for pair, if one wants to skate in seniors. Unless he finds another Mukhortova. Mukhortova is small and because of her age,I don’t think she is going to get any taller. But to find a partner like that, it won’t be easy.

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
There will be a competition organised by Moser’s school, 18.8.-21.8. I can’t wait for the results!
Mukhortova/Evgenyev versus Kostiukovich/Briukhanov. And the newly created Genish/Mironov versus Mironov’s ex-partner Mukhametzianova/Antonyshev. And we will hopefully see again Labazina, this time skating in seniors with Sviatchenko.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Current results of the pairs at the Mozer team Cup:

(Note: The post I'le linked before was probably deleted, so I refer to the competition result link below)

Interesting to see Mukhametzianova/Antonyshev quite high in the result list. While it seems Mukhortova/Evgeniev can be the top russian junior pair this season.

Full results here:

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
Nice to see that my favourite Mukhortova/Evgenyev beat Kostiukovich/Briukhanov! :hap10::hap10::hap10::hap10::cheer::cheer::cheer:

It is quite surprising that Mukhametzianova have done so much better in her new partnership than her ex-partner Mironov. She was the one who was messing up the jumps in the last year, so hopefully this could mean that her jump issues have been overcome. I loved Mukhametzianova/Mironov, so I hope they will both be successful.

Labazina/Sviatchenko have withdrawn! :shrug::shrug::shrug: I hope they are both alright and that they still skate together. I want to see Labazina again competing.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Well we all know that the top junior team in Russia most likely means top junior team in the world, so it seems like they can be world champions if they maintain this. The patience and good foundations paid off. Polina and Alexei...I worry about their throws, they are so late in the free program and they have been prioritizing jumps clearly in the off season. It seems that for some reason Mozer blacked out the competition from both livestreams, so there are no video. Labazina/Sviatchenko probably withdrew from the free of the senior section.

Sad that Geynish/Mironov fell 4 times. I always thought it was a bad pairing from age and experience, also her inconsistency but I guess we'll have to see how it goes otherwise.

hanca

Record Breaker
Well we all know that the top junior team in Russia most likely means top junior team in the world, so it seems like they can be world champions if they maintain this. The patience and good foundations paid off. Polina and Alexei...I worry about their throws, they are so late in the free program and they have been prioritizing jumps clearly in the off season. It seems that for some reason Mozer blacked out the competition from both livestreams, so there are no video. Labazina/Sviatchenko probably withdrew from the free of the senior section.

While I would love Mukhortova/Evgenyev to become junior world champions and have successful transition to seniors, I don’t think it is as straightforward as you are implying. I think there is several pairs at a very similar level Mukhortova/Evgenyev, Akhanteva/Kolesov and Kostiukovich/Briukhanov) so it will depend on who would deliver at the particular days of the junior worlds. All three pairs have the potential to be amazing, but all of them has also struggled with some things in the past. For Mukhortova it is the double axel which they have to do in the SP, for Kostiukovich it is her triples that are very unstable since puberty, and Akhanteva/Kolesov has never been super consistent, making mistakes on various elements. This season may also uncover that a newly created pair have stepped up. One never knows.

The problem is that after this season, there is SIX pretty good junior pairs that are going to age out.
Mukhortova/Evgenyev
Akhanteva/Kolesov
Kostiukovich/Briukhanov
Sobinina/Bakhmat
Khabibullina/Kniazhuk
Geinish/Mironov
Those all are ageing out of juniors after this season. The competition in Russian seniors will be insane! It will be very hard to even qualify for the nationals!

hanca

Record Breaker
I can't wait! Russian pairs are just the most mega exciting show in town! 🇷🇺 💪❤️
Definitely! There is also a group of ‘weaker’ (new or less known) senior pairs who will want to get to the nationals.
Artemeva/Nazarychev - moved to seniors
Solovieva/Ivanov - last season new pair, but did not compete much. I think they did one competition and she had a bad fall and got injured.
Kudriavtseva/Spiridonov
Labazina/Sviatchenko - newly created pair
Vasilieva/Zaporozhets- newly created pair
Makhalova/Volodin - newly created pair, but she is new to pair skating so they may not be ready to compete yet
Kargulina/Kalashnikov - aged out of juniors
Boyarintseva/Shagalov - aged out of juniors

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Ironic that KK managed their feat at a competition for hte first time, right ahead of both Mukhametzianova and Mironov, who were the previous 3Lzers in juniors. If they manage to land it in competition, I wonder if Natalia's rotation will get called

hanca

Record Breaker
Ironic that KK managed their feat at a competition for hte first time, right ahead of both Mukhametzianova and Mironov, who were the previous 3Lzers in juniors. If they manage to land it in competition, I wonder if Natalia's rotation will get called
To be fair, I would expect Khabibullina/Kniazhuk to be much better than Geinish/Mironov and Mukhamezianova/Antonyshev. Khabibullina/Kniazhuk are on Russian junior team, G/M and M/A are newly created teams who have been skating together just a few months.