2021-22 Russian Pairs' Figure Skating | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Pairs' Figure Skating

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Petushkova/Malikov, Kostiukovich/Briukhanov, and Chikmareva/Yanchenkov are the entries for hte last JGP. I don't quite understand the inclusion of PM here. I was not impressed by them at test skates.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Petushkova/Malikov, Kostiukovich/Briukhanov, and Chikmareva/Yanchenkov are the entries for hte last JGP. I don't quite understand the inclusion of PM here. I was not impressed by them at test skates.
P/M won the junior Russian Cup final in March, plus they skate at the Moskvina school, so I would expect them to get two competitions.

I don't think Poland is the last JGP, I believe Austria also has pairs. There should be 4 events total with pairs skating prior to the final?

hanca

Record Breaker
They were not ready at the test skates, but their results from last year definitely earned them the JGP event. They won Russian cup final (juniors) and were fifth at Russian junior nationals. With Artemeva/Nazarychev moving to seniors, Petushkova/Malikov are currently Russian junior pair number four. They are at the main national junior team. One not great tests skates won’t change that. The only way to change that are doing badly at international competitions or bomb at the junior nationals.

If you are so keen to take away JGP event from Petushkova/Malikov, would you also remove JGP events from Samodelkina because she was only 12th at the recent Moscow competition with score of only 170?

hanca

Record Breaker
Well, after watching pairs at JGP, Kolesov needs better partner. What a pity, they look so elegant and polished, but Akhanteva’s consistency is so bad that they are having no chance in seniors. And they are ageing out of juniors after this season. Maybe Kolesov with Vasilieva?

NaVi

Medalist
They really should be embarrassed for themselves if they use the exact same music as was used for Medvedeva.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
P/R will skip this season due to Dima‘s back injury.
Sliusarenko said that they may compete in the post season in April, but probably better if they do not rush it. To be realistic, they did not have much chances for the Olympics anyways.

I only hope that they will be able to overcome and becmoe the first successful senior PErm team.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
How subtly you wished Artemieva Nazarychev to have a had debut on senior international scene.
That is not my intention at all. I wish all the success to AN, however they are new to seniors, and their technique has yet to overcome Yulia's growth. If they can sustain their level in seniors, then they can be a successful Perm team in seniors too. Unfortunate that so many before them fizzled out.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Does anyone know what Nikita Volodin and Alexei Khvalko are doing now? Volodin’s former partner (Vassileva) has a new partner, which is disappointing as I thought they had plenty of potential as a Pair. I enjoyed Kuzmina/Khvalko last season, they are not on the JGP or RC stage 1, have they split? Maybe he was a bit on the small side for a Pairs guy.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Does anyone know what Nikita Volodin and Alexei Khvalko are doing now? Volodin’s former partner (Vassileva) has a new partner, which is disappointing as I thought they had plenty of potential as a Pair. I enjoyed Kuzmina/Khvalko last season, they are not on the JGP or RC stage 1, have they split? Maybe he was a bit on the small side for a Pairs guy.
Nikita Volodin posted with a new partner a while ago, I believe she is new from singles and her name is Alexandra Malakhova (?) and she is about 16 years old

Khvalko, I do not know except that Kuzmina/Khvalko have split up, for the best as she is really too tall for him. I would be surprised to see him continue skating, however Tanya has been in Sochi for a while and posts Tiktok with Akhanteva and Maria Pavlova regularly, she could be paired with Mikhail Domnin

hanca

Record Breaker
Khvalko, I do not know except that Kuzmina/Khvalko have split up, for the best as she is really too tall for him. I would be surprised to see him continue skating, however Tanya has been in Sochi for a while and posts Tiktok with Akhanteva and Maria Pavlova regularly, she could be paired with Mikhail Domnin
I do not recall Mikhail Domnin’s skating, but he doesn’t sound such a good option. His last singles competitions was in 2013. His first pair competition was in 2018 ( not sure what he has been doing those five years in between, but if it took five years to lear the pairs discipline, he is quite a slow learner, considering that at his first pair competition they scored 92 points!) He competed four seasons and his best result was 152 points. He never qualified for the nationals in pairs. I don’t want to sound unkind, but I don’t think he has long term perspective in skating. 152 is not a great score even for juniors, and he is 22 now so he is too old for juniors. I guess he could change countries…