2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
The first one is journalism right?
Nope; she's indeed enrolled in the Journalism department but her degree will be in "Production management and cultural policy studies".
And as for SCOLIPE, apart from the coaching degree, she might go for many other majors there to choose from: economics of enterprises in the field of physical ed. and sports, management in the sports industry, state and municipal management in sports sphere, state youth policy, advertising and public relations, direction of theatrical performances and artistic and sports events, sports and entertainment programs, etc.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Off topic

Just watched the first Eurovision semi final. I liked the Russian girl singing about girl power. The song was not my cup of tea, but she was cool.
And somehow I felt she belonged in this thread!;)

Good luck Russia in the final on Saturday! :)

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Good for her. I hope she does well. Do we know what this 2nd degree is? The first one is journalism right?
Maybe it is different in Russia but in the US and Canada degrees usually take four years and then maybe two for a Masters. Isn't Alina still Under 20? Usually you go to University at 18 so.. Still education is wonderul

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Trying to explain.
There is a common consensus Tutberidze wasn't too happy with two renegades. Now both were allowed to return and sleep at the entry steps.
One found herself among Six of Elite and another is spared. Tutberidze could decide this or that but totally abstented. She didn't support the first returned and didn't kill the career of the second one.
Smartest move it looks like.
Could you just use names. This is so cryptic. Might as well write it in Russian.

siela

On the Ice
Sofia Glogolevskaya (2009) landed her first 4T in competition today. The rest of the program did not go that smoothly after that, still quite a bit of work to do, but GO Sofia.

Mawwerg

Final Flight
Sofia Glogolevskaya (2009) landed her first 4T in competition today. The rest of the program did not go that smoothly after that, still quite a bit of work to do, but GO Sofia.
Are score sheets ok? I can see in video tech box negative number however in score sheets there are five zeros. I'm confused. :shrug:

katymay

Medalist
How old is she? I'm guessing 9? And she has some nice, strong jumping legs, it will all improve in the future.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Are score sheets ok? I can see in video tech box negative number however in score sheets there are five zeros. I'm confused. :shrug:
They probably did a review and rescored the element as they do at any other competition.

I just wonder why her last combo was invalid.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
They probably did a review and rescored the element as they do at any other competition.

I just wonder why her last combo was invalid.
She did 4toe, 3lutz-3toe, 3flip, 3flip-eu-3sal, 3lutz (fall), 3loop-stepout-2toe. I didn't see an Axel of any kind. Maybe that's why? Are they only limited to six jumping passes? And why no Axel? But really, good for her, happy for her, but that program was grueling to get through the first time. I can't rewatch it again to search for the Axel.. She kinda reminds me of a young Sofia Samodelkina.

Last edited:

Mawwerg

Final Flight
And seems like it was the first quad attempt in St.Petersburg.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
She did 4toe, 3lutz-3toe, 3flip, 3flip-eu-3sal, 3lutz (fall), 3loop-stepout-2toe. I didn't see an Axel of any kind. Maybe that's why? Are they only limited to six jumping passes? And why no Axel? But really, good for her, happy for her, but that program was grueling to get through the first time. I can't rewatch it again to search for the Axel.. She kinda reminds me of a young Sofia Samodelkina.
That can be it, no axel jump. Yes, in this age category they do six jumping passes. No need to rewatch, the protocols are here:

Idiote

On the Ice
Well done to little Sofia, the music was not exactly my cup of tea but she went for it and seemed happy to perform :)

I was wondering if any of you knows when does the tickets sale for RusNats starts ? I'm actually dead serious about trying to got to St Petersburg this winter, and I don't want to miss the chance of witnessing first hand the biggest figure skating showdown of the decade x)

ELEk3k

Rinkside
I was wondering if any of you knows when does the tickets sale for RusNats starts ? I'm actually dead serious about trying to got to St Petersburg this winter, and I don't want to miss the chance of witnessing first hand the biggest figure skating showdown of the decade x)
There is no information on this yet. Sometimes they start selling seats in the middle of summer, and sometimes a month before the start of the championship. As soon as the information appears, I will write it here and maybe create a topic on how best to buy tickets to RusNats.