2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Is there something I’m missing here?! Is everyone ok?!

This is the 3rd time in a month that there have been no posts for over 24 hours!

Oh, I wonder just what we are in for after this calm....
oh, there's drama (sort of) in pairs, if you're interested - one pair have left their coach in Perm and joined Moskvina.

and, closer to singles, a mini-drama - Liza Osokina has left (unconfirmed officially, though) CSKA and joined Mozer's team to perform in pairs.

Amei

Record Breaker
Oh wow, an unexpected move. She recently won some competition, so I’m surprised she’s changing to pairs!

I'm not particularly surprised, she's what 13 or 14? Unfortunately right now in Russian ladies figure skating if you don't have a quad or triple axel at that point your prospects for getting to any serious competition are probably slim, its smart to switch now when she can be in juniors for a few years and grow her skill set as a pairs skater vs. trying to survive the bloodbath of the ladies to be passed over for skaters with quads and triple axels.

Last edited:

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
oh, there's drama (sort of) in pairs, if you're interested - one pair have left their coach in Perm and joined Moskvina.

and, closer to singles, a mini-drama - Liza Osokina has left (unconfirmed officially, though) CSKA and joined Mozer's team to perform in pairs.
Oh no that's a shame, I taught maybe winning the Older age nationals would have potentially guaranteed her a JPG for next season. While yes she preformed better at 1st half of the season its not like she did badly at nationals or RCF either. I guess with the competition in Russian ladies being what it is and her being born in 2006 and not having an Ultra c jump could have affected her decision. I still think if CSKA had moved her to Davydovs team instead she could have had a chance at a quad or 3a along side her beautiful skating.

But either way I do hope she succeeds in whatever discipline she decides to compete at!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
As for Osokina, remember that she's nearly 15 and a number of girls who just entered or will soon enter the juniors are more technically developed. Yes, she won the novice championship elder age, but competing with some girls two or three years younger than her. So, despite some of her indisputable qualities as a single skater, pairs can be a place for her in a situation where some of the best russian junior pairs already turned senior (and the current junior pairs are IMO less strong than the previous batch - at least yet). Also as a single skater she would already have to think about turning senior soon, while as a pair skater she can just enter juniors this or the next season without much impact on her chances. Of course, they'll have to find a boy who is a good match for her.

Last edited:

sinus

On the Ice
The thing with CSKA is that the skaters don‘t have as much direct government support as other clubs, like Sambo 70. Sambo 70‘s top tier is really skating. So most of the funding that they get probably goes to FS. CSKA has many other teams, including basketball and rugby teams, as well as a soccer team that has played in the UFEA Champions League and has won the Russian Premier League multiple times . I’m not exactly sure how finding is allocated to clubs, but if it‘s just given to clubs to be distribited by club heads, a lot of the skaters at CSKA, especially the ones who are not with Davydov are probably getting a lot less funding...
WHAT?? CSKA skaters don't have as much support as Sambo?? Davydov's skaters getting more funding than Buyanova's??? I've never read anything more funny than this.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
WHAT?? CSKA skaters don't have as much support as Sambo?? Davydov's skaters getting more funding than Buyanova's??? I've never read anything more funny than this.
Ok, I legit had no idea about Buyanova being in CSKA. I really can’t keep track of any of this.

And I’m saying that in terms of funding, CSKA skaters might not have as much funding, if the funds are allocated through clubs. As far as I‘m aware, and there is a good chance I could be wrong, clubs are given a certain amount of money for funding. A club will have to allocate that money, and CSKA has many top teams (not just skaters). Sambo 70’s biggest sport is FS.

Again, this is a POTENTIAL scenario, that could happen IF, and ONLY IF, funds are allocated by the clubs and not by the government, AND It depends on how much money each club gets.

I really don‘t know, it was just an idea.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Uh, I really doubt CSKA has funding issues. Perhaps if it was Panova's group or something, which has such a history. CSKA has had top tier funding.

And I'm pretty sure that Sambo-70's biggest sport is, well, Sambo. At least it's a martial arts club. Sambo and Judo.

Azikin

Medalist
As for Osokina, remember that she's nearly 15 and a number of girls who just entered or will soon enter the juniors are more technically developed. Yes, she won the novice championship elder age, but competing with some girls two or three years younger than her. So, despite some of her indisputable qualities as a single skater pairs can be a place for her in a situation where some of the best russian junior pairs already turned senior (and the current junior pairs are IMO less strong than the previous batch - at least yet). Also as a single skater she would already have to think about turning senior soon, while as a pair skater she can just enter juniors this or the next season without much impact on her chances. Of course, they'll have to find a boy who is a good match for her.
It's still a pity to loose such an interesting skater, needless to say she could be a big star somewhere else..

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Ok, I legit had no idea about Buyanova being in CSKA. I really can’t keep track of any of this.

And I’m saying that in terms of funding, CSKA skaters might not have as much funding, if the funds are allocated through clubs. As far as I‘m aware, and there is a good chance I could be wrong, clubs are given a certain amount of money for funding. A club will have to allocate that money, and CSKA has many top teams (not just skaters). Sambo 70’s biggest sport is FS.

Again, this is a POTENTIAL scenario, that could happen IF, and ONLY IF, funds are allocated by the clubs and not by the government, AND It depends on how much money each club gets.

I really don‘t know, it was just an idea.
Sambo-70 is more known for their summer disciplines: gymnastics, judo, sambo, Greco-Roman wrestling etc. Those are more established and they have way more olympic medalists in these disciplines. Figure skating became more prominent in recent years, but I wouldn’t say it’s the main discipline for Sambo-70.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Sambo-70 is more known for their summer disciplines: gymnastics, judo, sambo, Greco-Roman wrestling etc. Those are more established and they have way more olympic medalists in these disciplines. Figure skating became more prominent in recent years, but I wouldn’t say it’s the main discipline for Sambo-70.
Speaking of "summer disciplines", even for skaters there is a need to keep discipline during the summer (and vacation) :)

macy

Record Breaker
could we start seeing some program announcements in the weeks following the girls returning from vacation? i'm so excited.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
could we start seeing some program announcements in the weeks following the girls returning from vacation? i'm so excited.
Probably. The girls will be in Norvogorsk for the summer at the National Team Training Camp, and I’m pretty sure that a lot of stuff is decided there.

macy

Record Breaker
Probably. The girls will be in Norvogorsk for the summer at the National Team Training Camp, and I’m pretty sure that a lot of stuff is decided there.
do we know what day they go to Novogorsk?

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
do we know what day they go to Novogorsk?
638010.jpg

CrazyKittenLady

Thanks for skating, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Will really the whole National Team be in Novogorsk, or just Team Tut? There is still a difference, you know... ;)

CrazyKittenLady

Thanks for skating, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Well, Tuktamysheva is the only team member not in TeamTut. She should be there.
And the ladies' reserve (last time I checked Nugumanova wasn't a member of Team Tut), and the guys, and the pairs, and the dancers...
Liza is currently training with Mishin in Kislovodsk, btw.

Last edited:

Kittosuni

Medalist

It seemed like all Eteri's senior skaters already have music choices or vision even before the Russian cup finals except those who came late like Trusova and Kosto.

Last edited: