2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 66 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating

sinus

On the Ice
RusFed said shortly after test skates, which will be from 2nd to 4th August.
When did RusFed say that? JGP 1st stage entries must be made via the ISU Online Registration System not later than Friday, July 16. Test skates have nothing to do with it.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
When did RusFed say that? JGP 1st stage entries must be made via the ISU Online Registration System not later than Friday, July 16. Test skates have nothing to do with it.
So they have already been made then.

Amei

Record Breaker

Well usually the Fed assigns at 1 JGP event to skaters then based on how they do there determines if they get a second. I wish that senior GP events could be done the same way

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Well, the entries are one thing, the announcement another, or do you think the official entry list for JGP Courchevel will go live next week? In that case, of course we might get the info for stage 1 even sooner. :shrug: The info about test skates comes from an interview with a young Russian ice dance pair which was linked on a vk page. But you are correct in that it is just hearsay, actually nothing is published on the RusFed page, so I'll edit my post above.
Then again, we all know that RusFed likes to switch their JGP assignments around as they please...

AlysaLiuStan

#Liunatic
On the Ice
Country
Italy
No, they weren't at all. :laugh:

Alysa's PCS at JGPF: SP: 30.18, FS: 60.06
Alina's PCS at her first senior international appearance - Lombardia: SP: 31.64, FS: 67.52
For more comparison, Alina's PCS at the CoC as her first senior GP: SP: 31.43, FS: 68.35

And that was with Alina's mistakes on her SP that took her time to deliver it clean. Nevertheless, comparisons of those results can't be precise, because:
1. Alina's senior debut took place under the old -3/+3 system yet with slightly different rules and also attitude towards juniors/fresh seniors.
2. Since the season 2018/19 the judges started to give much higher PCS to juniors/fresh seniors than they gave before, remember that Aliona Kostornaia was the fist junior who received higher components than 8 (at 2018 JGPF).
3. Still, Alina's PCS at her senior debut were much higher esp. in the free program (7-8 points) than Alysa's. So, while Alysa certainly has some potential in PCS, your assumpiton is based on wrong statement.
My point being Alysa's debut PCS will certainly be higher than low 8s/31 if she got 30 as a junior.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
My point being Alysa's debut PCS will certainly be higher than low 8s/31 if she got 30 as a junior.
Your point was that Alysa's:
"PCS at the JGPF were equal to/and higher than Alina Zagitova's PCS in her senior debut" (=false claim)
which
"says a lot about the relevance of guessing component scores for events" (=conclusion based on false claim)

Receiving SP PCS over 30 as a junior is of course good, but of four junior GP+worlds persormances she got it only on two (always narrowly, 30.18 at JGPF and 30.06 at junior worlds). For comparison Kamila, Daria and Ksenia Sinitsina received 30+ at all of their junior SP performances during 2019/20 season, plus Haein Lee at junior worlds (30.26).

Alysa surely should be counted among those fresh seniors whose PCS will be in the higher tier, but rater based on solid comparison with her peers, not based on untrue claims.

Nevertheless, this really doesn't belong here, I understand you admire Alysa and there's nothing wrong on it, but find a proper place for it. 👉

AlysaLiuStan

#Liunatic
On the Ice
Country
Italy
Your point was that Alysa's:
"PCS at the JGPF were equal to/and higher than Alina Zagitova's PCS in her senior debut" (=false claim)
which
"says a lot about the relevance of guessing component scores for events" (=conclusion based on false claim)

Receiving SP PCS over 30 as a junior is of course good, but of four junior GP+worlds persormances she got it only on two (always narrowly, 30.18 at JGPF and 30.06 at junior worlds). For comparison Kamila, Daria and Ksenia Sinitsina received 30+ at all of their junior SP performances during 2019/20 season, plus Haein Lee at junior worlds (30.26).

Alysa surely should be counted among those fresh seniors whose PCS will be in the higher tier, but rater based on solid comparison with her peers, not based on untrue claims.

Nevertheless, this really doesn't belong here, I understand you admire Alysa and there's nothing wrong on it, but find a proper place for it. 👉
PLEASE. YOU started this conversation about Alysa, guess you just don't want to talk about the justification for your poor PCS "forecast"

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
PLEASE. YOU started this conversation about Alysa, guess you just don't want to talk about the justification for your poor PCS "forecast"
Oh, c'mon :biggrin:
Just for the clarification, the discussion that involved Alysa started without any intrusion from my side. My involvement came two and half days later, and not because of Alysa, but because of Liza, to show the difference between her PCS from 2019/20 and 2020/21. Alysa was mentioned because it was talked about her before and the chances of Liza vs alysa were considered, not at all because I would bring Alysa here.
That's all I can say to you, do your best.

Last edited:

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
If she skates clean/on the level we saw her at worlds and WTT, I can hardly see her receiving a significantly different PCS. Again, Liza's performances during the season 2019/20 were far from perfect, that's how her marks from that time have to be seen.
Yes, but neither were anyone else's. And it's not that Liza's will drop persay, it's that others, including Alysa's (potentially), could rise. Kamila for example's will likely increase dramatically. That mean's Liza won't have a PCS buffer to even first year seniors, much less someone like Anna.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Alysa Lui is standing some above Liza Tuktamisheva by their achieved technical potential. No quad = No Olympics medal, almost certainly.
But I don't see her being above Scherbakova right now, especially knowing that one is the WC-21 winner.
I don't think anyone is suggesting she's above Anna. The comparison is with Liza and some of Russia's slightly lower ranked skaters, not the preemptive top 3.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
That's very accurate. I just remember Anna at the Lombardia Trophy 2019, where she received ridiculously low score for her SP (5 points lower than for her junior debut). It was the only time I saw Anna taken aback. Fortunately it didn't break her. Anna is still somehow undervalued even after the season where she won everyting, but it seems it doesn't bother her at all (remember her response to a question about what she says to the fact that Sasha and Aliona are much more popular and much more attention is paid to them at the press conference after the last nationals).
That's why I'm using Anna as an example of a PCS push. Sasha and Alena have also been disappointed by their scores at times. (Mostly because they expected better, not because they were bad skates.) So that's not limited to just Anna. (Even Alina was.) I don't know if she can be said to be "undervalued" - it's just that due to the nature of Russian ladies figure skating, no one is irreplaceable. Considering Aliona wasn't even at the last nationals, that's not really true. Also, there was intrigue around Sasha and Aliona's entire coaching situation. (That has nothing to do with Anna's relative standing and is entirely to do with a new coach taking on 2 of Russia's 3 top talents and having mixed results.) Also, Anna got PLENTY of attention at the press conference after nationals - she might even think too much, considering her health and 3x win dominated conversation.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Yes, but neither were anyone else's. And it's not that Liza's will drop persay, it's that others, including Alysa's (potentially), could rise. Kamila for example's will likely increase dramatically. That mean's Liza won't have a PCS buffer to even first year seniors, much less someone like Anna.

I can see some fresh seniors getting higher PCS than Liza eventually*, as I say, Liza is definitely not the skater with the highest components score and potential for increasing that. It's just that the season 2019/20 is not the best for considering Liza's potential, when both 2018/19 and 2020/21 seasons were much stronger from her.
-
* But not everyone from the start IMO, Kamila and possibly Daria will get high components from the start, but some others, incl. Maiia for instance, probably not and will have to be patient till the judges take them into account.

That's why I'm using Anna as an example of a PCS push. Sasha and Alena have also been disappointed by their scores at times. (Mostly because they expected better, not because they were bad skates.) So that's not limited to just Anna. (Even Alina was.) I don't know if she can be said to be "undervalued" - it's just that due to the nature of Russian ladies figure skating, no one is irreplaceable. Considering Aliona wasn't even at the last nationals, that's not really true. Also, there was intrigue around Sasha and Aliona's entire coaching situation. (That has nothing to do with Anna's relative standing and is entirely to do with a new coach taking on 2 of Russia's 3 top talents and having mixed results.) Also, Anna got PLENTY of attention at the press conference after nationals - she might even think too much, considering her health and 3x win dominated conversation.

I do not think it was exactly the example of Anna's push, rather the other way around. She was rather equalized in time with others, who had the push from the start, because of her results, but she had to earn that first. As for the attention, of course she received many invitations after her victories, but that's natural, that kind of attention that anybody with an important medal gets. Otherwise, for instance look who are the names for the dream olympic team, she's still behind the other ones who had the weaker results. That's not a complaint, that's just how it is.

spicymacaron

On the Ice
I can see some fresh seniors getting higher PCS than Liza eventually*, as I say, Liza is definitely not the skater with the highest components score and potential for increasing that. It's just that the season 2019/20 is not the best for considering Liza's potential, when both 2018/19 and 2020/21 seasons were much stronger from her.
-
* But not everyone from the start IMO, Kamila and possibly Daria will get high components from the start, but some others, incl. Maiia for instance, probably not and will have to be patient till the judges take them into account.

I do not think it was exactly the example of Anna's push, rather the other way around. She was rather equalized in time with others, who had the push from the start, because of her results, but she had to earn that first. As for the attention, of course she received many invitations after her victories, but that's natural, that kind of attention that anybody with an important medal gets. Otherwise, for instance look who are the names for the dream olympic team, she's still behind the other ones who had the weaker results. That's not a complaint, that's just how it is.
Well, that thread is just about dream skaters, not who they think will actually make the team. On most fs groups, Anna is considered the second most likely to go to the Olympics right after Kamila. Also, I’ve always got the impression that Anna was the favorite domestically.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Is it confirmed if this is a permanent "I'm retiring situation" or "I'm just there for summer camps to earn money to fund my career"
As far as I am aware, Anastasia herself hasn't made any statement yet. However, there is this article which cites a member of her "entourage" claiming that she made the decision to end her career due to health reasons. We should probably take it with a grain of salt, but all the signs point towards retirement.