2021-22 Russian Women's Figure Skating

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Muravyova's PCS
RusNats: 68 with a clean skate
JuniorRusNats: >70 with a step-out AND a fall

integrity to the judges: Am I a joke to you?
That's what bothers me as well. They truly pushed her to the third place while completely killed Adeliia both in the SP and in the free. Yes, Adeliia wasn't clean in the free but they both had exactly one fall and one step-out and Adeliia finished with 130 and Sofia M. with 143. In the SP Sofia M. with messy skate had nearly the same components as perfect Sofia A. (only 0.11 point lower) and in the free they even gave her higher. Sofia M. is the most ridiculously overscored skater I see currently. Tell me about Plushenko bonus.

Last edited:

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
That's what bothers me as well. They truly pushed her to the third place while completely killed Adeliia both in the SP and in the free. Yes, Adeliia wasn't clean in the free but they both had one fall and one step-out and Adeliia finished with 130 and Sofia M. with 143. In the SP Sofia M. with messy skate had nearly the same components as perfect Sofia A. (only 0.11 point lower) and in the free they even gave her higher. Sofia M. is the most ridiculously overscored skater I see currently. Tell me about Plushenko bonus.
It's the bonus of the coach apprentice , and so some have the nerve to say that Eteri has a bonus...

McBibus

On the Ice
By far the worst women's tournament I've seen since I've been following Russian figure skating...

Can someone explain why so much overscoring with Muravieva... it happened yesterday and today, today with a fall she has more PCS than Akatieva. Petrosyan alone gave away her place in the World Cup, but let the apprentice coach not even dream that in the World Championship they will continue the overcored to Muravieva.
Russian nationals are a marvel to watch, but it may be a good idea to cover your eyes when the scores appear

Remilia

On the Ice
That's what bothers me as well. They truly pushed her to the third place while completely killed Adeliia both in the SP and in the free. Yes, Adeliia wasn't clean in the free but they both had exactly one fall and one step-out and Adeliia finished with 130 and Sofia M. with 143. In the SP Sofia M. with messy skate had nearly the same components as perfect Sofia A. (only 0.11 point lower) and in the free they even gave her higher. Sofia M. is the most ridiculously overscored skater I see currently. Tell me about Plushenko bonus.
Well, maybe she is overscored, but sorry, sambo stans have no room to complain about overscoring, not when their skaters have been benefiting from it for years...I guess it's only a problem when skaters from other camps are the ones being overscored.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Well, maybe she is overscored, but sorry, sambo stans have no room to complain about overscoring, not when their skaters have been benefiting from it for years...I guess it's only a problem when skaters from other camps are the ones being overscored.
It's always a problem, but the thing is that insane overscoring of Muravieva is an obvious fact, not a fable. :biggrin:

And not a matter of this only competition, the same it was during the cup stage where she completely messed her free skate yet still was pushed to the first place.

Decoder

On the Ice
Haha, politicking in Russia figure skating at its best: each big camp gets one for the TeamWorldJunior.

The team is fine with me, but I feel sad that Adelia missed the podium and thus the chance to go to JWC. However, she has made big progress this season and she will show very good results in the coming seasons.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Maybe they still can take the perfect Adeliia's senior nationals free skate into consideration before naming the junior worlds team, but that's probably naive from me.

Alex Fedorov

Medalist
Country
Russia
Maybe they still can take the perfect Adeliia's senior nationals free skate into consideration before naming the junior worlds team, but that's probably naive from me.
Adelia took a risk today by trying to perform a quadruple loop. There is something from Trusova in this. It hasn’t worked out yet, but she is still very young and she have time.

Muravyova is on a pedestal, but Plushenko is not worth celebrating. The results of his other two students look very poor given their potential. However, he probably understands this himself. Haven't seen him this gloomy in a long time. Zinina received severe psychological trauma, and this is a real tragedy.

Decoder

On the Ice
I read the following from here, which shows a cheerful girl after this not-the-best JuniorRust event:
(copy-n-paste Google translation)
---------------------------------------------------------
Figure skater Alisa Dvoeglazova commented on her performance at the Russian Junior Championships in Saransk.

In the free program, Dvoeglazova became third, in the final standings she took fourth place.

“I rate the performance as the best in my career - for the first time I rode two quadruple sheepskin coats. Thought it was some kind of dream! Then I didn’t think that it would be so hard to skate the second half of the program. It was very hard, there was no strength left after two sheepskin coats, and blots began to appear. But in general, everything is fine.

In training, I already rolled out two sheepskin coats, it didn’t work out only at competitions. And, finally, I did it! The coaches were happy, they finally said too!

After sheepskin coats, plans are a quadruple loop. Thinking about them, looking at Adelia Petrosyan? There is such. There have already been attempts to travel, but after the New Year, she relied on a sheepskin coat.

How often do I cross paths with the older group? Often. We have such a schedule that we have ice right after them. It motivates.

Now there was a European championship, there were all our girls. The whole school got sick. Anya Shcherbakova , Camila, Sasha - well done.

Am I looking forward to the Olympics? Certainly! It will be interesting to see,” said Dvoeglazova.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Adelia took a risk today by trying to perform a quadruple loop. There is something from Trusova in this. It hasn’t worked out yet, but she is still very young and she have time.

Muravyova is on a pedestal, but Plushenko is not worth celebrating. The results of his other two students look very poor given their potential. However, he probably understands this himself. Haven't seen him this gloomy in a long time. Zinina received severe psychological trauma, and this is a real tragedy.
Well if he will be able to bring Zinina back to her senses and (mentally) competitive form, he will receive some pluses from me and I can tolerate Muravieva at JWC

Last edited:

McBibus

On the Ice
Haha, politicking in Russia figure skating at its best: each big camp gets one for the TeamWorldJunior.

The team is fine with me, but I feel sad that Adelia missed the podium and thus the chance to go to JWC. However, she has made big progress this season and she will show very good results in the coming seasons.
Basing international assignement so much on the result of the nationals poison national scoring.
They should change that and let the person in change choose freely (if he gets it wrong just change him) so that the score can be free of consideration about who should be on the team.
On the other end, if there is so much politc involved I can see why the people in charge of team selection like how it is now: with nationals doing their work their ass is covered and they can't be responsible for anything.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I believe they always go with the top three at Junior Nationals results. I remember thinking that Ksenia Sinitsyna had a better JPG than Maia K. but barely lost to her for the third spot at Junior Worlds at Nationals last time around and I thought her better international results would make a difference and it didn’t.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I believe they always go with the top three at Junior Nationals results. I remember thinking that Ksenia Sinitsyna had a better JPG than Maia K. but barely lost to her for the third spot at Junior Worlds at Nationals last time around and I thought her better international results would make a difference and it didn’t.
But their further results justify thet decision. I mean Maiia had good senior debut season even if the nationals weren't perfect, she medaled at both GP stages, qualified to GPF (she is among those who are truly affected by the cancellation of GPF) and was defeated only by other Russians. In direct competition she also defeated Ksenia on the senior level so her potential surely played role in the decision.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
definitely! esp, taking into account that this season she performed 2 4T's at GP, and 6 4Lo's (CoR, RN, JRN), both 4T & 4Lo for the first time in her carrier - she's on the right track! :)

Decoder

On the Ice
I am not sure about Sofya Samodelkina doing interviews. I remember recently she said something controversial (about hoping the Olympics being postponed, etc.). Now she is doing another interview, talking about how they make fun of the conflicts between Eteri ream and Plushenko team. Here (again) is a cut-n-paste from here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Figure skater Sofya Samodelkina commented on her performance in a free program at the Russian Championship among juniors in Saransk.

“I don't know what happened today. In addition, Lutz was normal, she performed it relatively evenly. Twisted, good landing. It happens that you fly - and in your head you already understand whether it will work out or not. And with the salchow, I didn’t succeed in pushing, under-rotating by half a turn, there were no options.

She refused the Rittberger even before the rental, after the morning workout. I didn’t knead it, we decided to go only to Lutz and Salchow. We looked at the state, Sergey Dmitrievich (Davydov) calculated everything by points.

Each jump, if you know how to do it, jump comfortably. Do it technically and every jump will be easy. For me, it’s easier and more varied, there is no risk of going for a repeat.

At the junior world, I will definitely try to make a quadruple loop to make it the first one and it will be counted. I really want to become the first in the world, I will try.

But we will all watch immediately before the rental, and today I wanted to jump three quads. But I got up on the wrong foot, woke up the wrong way, and the program was simplified.

I look from the sidelines at the confrontation between Plushenko and Tutberidze, but I am for the Davydov team. For CSKA! We do not conflict with anyone, it happens, we listen to these scandals from the outside and make fun of them.

I’m not offended that I’m past these showdowns, while others are arguing, we’re paving our way, ”said Samodelkina.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
definitely! esp, taking into account that this season she performed 2 4T's at GP, and 6 4Lo's (CoR, RN, JRN), both 4T & 4Lo for the first time in her carrier - she's on the right track! :)
But there can be the problem she may never see any junior worlds.