2021 Finlandia Trophy: Men's Free Skate | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2021 Finlandia Trophy: Men's Free Skate

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Awww, Keegan didn't get on the podium. I was typing and didn't see his entire performance. He said the nerves got to him. Figure skating is so hard, folks. Kudos to Keegan for being first in the sp, and I hope he just takes this experience for what it is and comes out great at the rest of his events this season. He still had a smile on his face in the kiss 'n cry. Love to Keegan! 👼

Because figure skating is so hard, and big pressure moments are difficult -- that's why we saw Nathan have such problems at 2018 Olympics in the team and sp portions of the event. Few athletes could have then come back the way Nathan stormed back from 17th place to win the Olympic fp. And then the absolute single-focused determination Nathan showed at 2021 Worlds in the fp is very rare. That's why words fail to express Nathan's huge talent.

But Jason winning here is incredible without a quad. Still, it's a tribute to Jason's talent, and to his huge heart!!! ❤️ Yes, I wish Jason hadn't fell on the second 3-axel, but he held it together beautifully after that one miss. And like I said earlier, no one else has the abilities Jason has in the aesthetic, expressive, interpretive, detailed aspects of this sport. Jason would have many more championships to his credit, except for big, bad quad era.

Nice for Kolyada and Aliev. They are good skaters and great guys too.

Last edited:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Brown is really the ambassador of this scoring system.
Getting 262 with 0 quads, only one clean 3A across both programs, 7 triples free program....
The guy can score 280 if clean in both programs with three 3As. That's a score that most other skaters reach with at least 4 quads and three 3As.
He will be right there behind for that olympic medal if favorites make costly mistakes.

Dogo

On the Ice
Getting 262 with 0 quads, only one clean 3A across both programs, 7 triples free program....
The guy can score 280 if clean in both programs with three 3As. That's a score that most other skaters reach with at least 4 quads and three 3As.
He will be right there behind for that olympic medal if favorites make costly mistakes.
Yeah, that is incredibly remarkable. It talks about the amount of attention to detail on his programs and his unique artistic approach to skating. Mad respect to him and his craft.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Totally agree. Some people complain that it is all about the jumps these days, but JB proves that is not true.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I can’t believe that his PCS was finally rewarded as it should be, even when the jumps are less good. I’m still in shock, Jason fans are accustomed to getting hosed on that.

But Jason has spent his competitive skating life maximizing the athletic gifts he has for PCS, and can we hope perhaps change the system (ETA: so that scoring is as it should be) for other skaters as well?