Country
South-Korea
Elektra is right, Devid desperately needs a shave

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do love Allison & Saulius and this program works. Sorry H/B but I think the judges may be correct with this program.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Talk about black costumes. :drama:

I like the cut-out on the front of Allison's costume (very Superman!), but not sure about the cut-outs on the sides. And something is needed on the back.

I know they have been improving over the years, but I was not expecting them to be leading. 😲

I put them in 3rd in my Predictions. :slink:

But, I would be absolutely delighted if they stayed there. I've always had a soft spot for Allison's family.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow Allison and Saulius in the lead!

And Holly and Jason in 6th that's pretty exciting!

I can't remember if I ever mentioned, but there is a young female motorbike racer over in England that is also called Holly Harris. 🏍️

But having the camera so far away from the ice is very strange. I wonder why it's up there?

So as not to take up any of the space needed to seat the thousands of spectators that are attending.

CaroLiza_fan

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Catching up, short thoughts:

- I liked the Estonian team for some reason, I probably have a crush on her
- I've never seen the appeal of the Armenian team, sorry not sorry
- Devid please shave, but a good skate and I am content with 3rd
- The Aussies were very Aussie, good fun
- I was too busy thinking about H/B's great FD that I forgot their um, not-to-par RD
- Allison and M. Saulius in first? That's welcome news, and they deserve it

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Do love Allison & Saulius and this program works. Sorry H/B but I think the judges may be correct with this program.
I too am surprised at the placement but, Alison & Saulius did look quite sharp today and though the camerawork was not kind to Kaitlin & Jean Luc, they did seem to have a bit of a glitch with their twizzle entry

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't remember if I ever mentioned, but there is a young female motorbike racer over in England that is also called Holly Harris. 🏍️

So as not to take up any of the space needed to seat the thousands of spectators that are attending.

CaroLiza_fan
Did they allow spectators? I’ve seen like 10 people.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
@CaroLiza_fan can you help me find the TES minimums for Europeans & Worlds so we'll know if the Latvians make it tomorrow?

:thank:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is my second viewing of this and I’ve come to the conclusion that the Love to Love You Baby segment is too long and slow and drags a bit. They need more oomph
I want to fix that part of the music too. Also, the program seems kinda empty at times, maybe more accents. Twizzles seemed okay but did not cover a lot of ice. Still needs more mileage. Also, cut off the long pink sleeve please. At this rate it may be the last dance.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I want to fix that part of the music too. Also, the program seems kinda empty at times, maybe more accents. Twizzles seemed okay but did not cover a lot of ice. Still needs more mileage. Also, cut off the long pink sleeve please. At this rate it may be the last dance.
Wonder if Last Dance is the right tempo, cause it sure would sound better and be more interesting.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Did they allow spectators? I’ve seen like 10 people.

I actually have no idea. I was being sarcastic.

@CaroLiza_fan can you help me find the TES minimums for Europeans & Worlds so we'll know if the Latvians make it tomorrow?

:thank:

I normally go to the Wikipedia pages for those events, but there isn't a Wikipedia page for Worlds yet. 😞

So, I asked the same a few competitions ago (can't remember whether which category it was for, though), and the oracle that is @Andrea82 answered. So, I think the Ice Dance minimums are:

Europeans

Short: 28
Free: 44

Worlds

Short: 33
Free: 47

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The Worlds Minimum TES requirements are not yet posted, but chances are they will be like last years:

Minimum technical scores (TES)

DisciplineSP / RDFS / FD
Men3464
Ladies3051
Pairs2744
Ice dance3347

Requirements for 4CC and Europeans

Minimum technical scores (TES)​
DisciplineSP / RDFS / FD
Men2846
Women2340
Pairs2542
Ice dance2844

Junior World Championships from last year. This year's are not yet posted.

DisciplineSP / RDFS / FD
Minimum technical scores (TES)​
Ice dance2337
Pairs2334
Ladies2338
Men2342

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Spoken Iike a proud Brit!

Come on, you should know by now that I don't support people just because of where they are from.

I would have said the same about Anthony Ponomarenko, or Ivan Bukin, or Ashley Cain, or Ksenia Makarova...

I just love it when we see children of former skaters following in their parents' footsteps. :)

Have always wondered what if. What if Jean Luc had chosen to skate for his birth country, with a fellow Brit like Olivia Smart? With that team and Lilah & Lewis, Team GB would be looking pretty deep and pretty awesome right now!

Myself and @La Rhumba have often lamented how many male ice dancers with British passports are skating in America and Canada, when back home there is a serious shortage of male ice dancers to go around the female ice dancers. And how it has led to girls like Olivia having to switch to other countries.

But, who knows what may happen in the years to come. Some of them may come back.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Spoken Iike a proud Brit!

Have always wondered what if. What if Jean Luc had chosen to skate for his birth country, with a fellow Brit like Olivia Smart? With that team and Lilah & Lewis, Team GB would be looking pretty deep and pretty awesome right now!
Ìndeed. Right from his Junior days, I would tweet cheeky, though semi serious, comments to him about how I remember his Mum skating and we're claiming him, and he would just Like but never reply. I think he's happy competing for America, and after all his Mum lives and coaches there and he did grow up there and learnt to ice dance there.

What used to bug me are those like Tiffany Zagorski, Olivia Smart, Molly Lanaghan, Peter Beaumont who are very talented and grew up here, learnt to skate and competed for Britain but are lost to other countries. But I've accepted it now, and support them anyway. What's sad is former GB icedancers who have to go abroad to coach as there's no room for them here, or BIS can't find a place? Penny Coomes & Nick Buckland, Robynne Tweedale, Lloyd Jones, Matthew Gates, the Kerrs of the most recent generations.
Ofcourse British ice dance Coaches developed and built the discipline in Canada, like the Lanes, Bernard Ford and so many others, including the inventors of the Midnight Blues. Just as Russian Coaches did with icedance in America. I think at one point Diane Towler and Jayne Torvill were the only British ice dance champions who stayed in Britain. Dean went to Colorado after marrying Jill Trenary but he's back home now.

In the end you can't blame people for who they marry, where they settle and what opportunities come their way they choose to take. I remember Olivia told me it would be better competing for Spain, meaning she would receive much more financial support than the British federation ever gave her, and they smoothed the path to get her Spanish passport for Olympics.

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I normally go to the Wikipedia pages for those events, but there isn't a Wikipedia page for Worlds yet. 😞

So, I asked the same a few competitions ago (can't remember whether which category it was for, though), and the oracle that is @Andrea82 answered. So, I think the Ice Dance minimums are:

Europeans

Short:
Free: 44

Worlds

Short:
Free: 47

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

This tweet was sent to me after Aurelija & Luke's last comp.

So we just have to cheer them on to get the Worlds Free Dance minimum. :hap10::pray:

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I'm only just catching up now, but like 30 seconds into Kaitlin and Jean-Luc's RD and seeing it for the second time, I'm really not liking her dress. I think its a bit distracting and would maybe have more impact if the whole thing was like the glittery side? I feel like the pink tuxedo dress side messes with her lines a little and also the colours of the other half are a bit more fun - but thats just a total vain opinion!