2021 Lombardia Trophy: Women's Free Skate | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2021 Lombardia Trophy: Women's Free Skate

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The trend of flying in to a thread to crap all over a good performance because of a perceived threat the skater may pose to another favorite is tiresome.

Honestly, just enjoy good skating wherever you see it, and set your biases aside... whether they be teeny-bopper allegiances to a particular skater or loathsome nationalism.

Edit to add: While I appreciate free and open discussion threads, I kind of miss the pay scheme we had in previous seasons because it minimized this type of nonsense.

balabam

πŸ₯•πŸ₯•πŸŒ΅πŸŒ΅πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜€
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
This Alysa's score was intended to confuse all the betting people on the forum in front of Nebelhorn. On the prediction contest for Nebelhorn wait for unexpected. :D

balabam

πŸ₯•πŸ₯•πŸŒ΅πŸŒ΅πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜€
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
Maybe Nicol Rajicova from my country ressurecion for Nebelhorn :D . Who is Alysa? :D

Dogo

On the Ice
The trend of flying in to a thread to crap all over a good performance because of a perceived threat the skater may pose to another favorite is tiresome.

Honestly, just enjoy good skating wherever you see it, and set your biases aside... whether they be teeny-bopper allegiances to a particular skater or loathsome nationalism.

Edit to add: While I appreciate free and open discussion threads, I kind of miss the pay scheme we had in previous seasons because it minimized this type of nonsense.
WELL SAID πŸ‘

Nachi

On the Ice
It was probably already mentioned but there are so many pages already: what happened to Nargiz from Germany? Did she withdraw and if so why?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

This. Well said, my friend. :)

I came in to see how the women skating at Lombardia had done, (ETA: Considering that I will probably not watch the skates) and if I want to see how the women at the Russian Test Skates have done, I'll go into that thread.

I root for skaters. I don't root for countries, I don't root for coaches, a skater's performance may be a result of good coaching, or not. It has zippy doo dah to do with the merits of the skaters' country.

That said, having favorite skaters is cool(y) Just not to the extent that it somehow reflects on that skaters' country (it doesn't) or that all other competitors are jokes (they're not)

/rant off:devil:

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I’m a bit too deflated by Alexia losing out on bronze by such a small margin to really enjoy Alysa right now but I look forward to doing so later.
Alexia could have won the bronze if she just used her brain. After falling on the 3Lz, I’m assuming she was going for the combo 3T. Once a skater messes up on their opening jumping pass, they must be prepared for plan B. Where do I add an extra 3T or even a 2T?The Eteri girls do this all the time. Evgenia was awesome with this. Alexia should have added the 3T after the first 2A attempt, which was solidly landed. But, after four single jumps, you would think it would be easy to remember that every jump from here on out has to be a combo. When she landed the final 2A, I screamed for her to add the 2T. But, she didn’t. That is the difference and what makes certain athletes better fighters over others. She lost the bronze by 0.98, as a result of missing a jump.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That said, having favorite skaters is cool(y) Just not to the extent that it somehow reflects on that skaters' country (it doesn't) or that all other competitors are jokes (they're not)

/rant off:devil:

Of course, friend. It's perfectly fine to have a favorite (or in your case, MANY favorites).

It's NOT fine to denigrate other's skating solely because they might pose a competitive threat to your favorite.

Not that you ever do that; you're far to classy a person. I wish others followed your fine fairminded example.