2021 Nebelhorn Trophy: Women's Short Program | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2021 Nebelhorn Trophy: Women's Short Program

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Lara Naki finished the marathon off for us. And whilst it was good, it wasn't good enough to be challenging the top skaters.

Wow. Look how close third to sixth are. 😲 Less than a point covering Safonova, Craine, Shabotova, and Kurakova! :drama:

And Emilea is in the middle of a big group. So, hopefully she can climb up places with her FS.

Can't wait for the FS on Saturday. When I won't be able to watch! :bang:

Right, my eyes are hanging out of me, so time for bed. :bed:

CaroLiza_fan

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
They downgraded Kurakova's 3T in a combo as i was afraid. Both Talljegard triples were under. They didn't call Alisa's 3Lz with ! as i did, but her 3F (and her 3T was obviously on q). Paganini was the only one clean on jumps, she just missed a level on her steps.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Italy doesn't need to qualify a woman for the team competition, they just need enough points, IIRC. If they don't qualify a woman but qualify for teams, it still means they can send someone to the Olympics to participate for Team Italy, but she can't compete in the individuals.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
They downgraded Kurakova's 3T in a combo as i was afraid. Both Talljegard triples were under. They didn't call Alisa's 3Lz with ! as i did, but her 3F (and her 3T was obviously on q). Paganini was the only one clean on jumps, she just missed a level on her steps.
Alysa's flip edge looked clean to me. I can't remember the last time she got called on a flip.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was only able to watch the final group, but I really enjoyed their skating. Alysa was wonderful -- the advance in her expression with her movement and her skating is really something to see. :party2:

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Alysa's flip edge looked clean to me. I can't remember the last time she got called on a flip.
It really depends on a tech panel view. When both flip and lutz look as the same jump as it was in this case, it is not that big of a difference which one you will call. lt was not a wrong edge after all, but unclear.

Last edited:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't understand why Alysa doesn't get all +5 GOE on her layback. She would need 5 of the following including the first 3:
1) good speed and/or acceleration during spin
2) good controlled, clear position(s) (inc. height and air/landing position in flying
spin)
3) effortless throughout
4) maintaining a centered spin
5) creativity and/or originality
6) element matches the music

What am I missing?

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I don't understand why Alysa doesn't get all +5 GOE on her layback. She would need 5 of the following including the first 3:
1) good speed and/or acceleration during spin
2) good controlled, clear position(s) (inc. height and air/landing position in flying
spin)
3) effortless throughout
4) maintaining a centered spin
5) creativity and/or originality
6) element matches the music

What am I missing?
I guess the whole picture. As the tutorial for judging system is saying, the whole picture is more important than sum of those writing parts. Majority of judges just didn't think it deserves the highest mark.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
But 4 did. One judge only gave her +2!
Well that judge was obviously wrong. Between 3 and 5 is fair i guess, so the only one judge who gave her 4 was the 'right' one in the end :biggrin: It depends also how the judges judged that exact spin on other skaters during that exact competition. If i was giving max +2 for LSp to the other skaters, then +4 for Alissa's would be more than fair. As you can see, comparing to the other skaters, her layback was definitely judged as the best one.

Last edited:

Sjs5572

Final Flight
It really depends on a tech panel view. When both flip and lutz look as the same jump as it was in this case, it is not that big of a difference which one you will call. They gave her on the first jump (which was a lutz) a benefit of a doubt, and then when they saw a second one (flip) they needed to call it. lt was not a wrong edge after all, but unclear.
Alysa did not have a long edge into Lutz, but it definitely looked outside to me.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Alysa did not have a long edge into Lutz, but it definitely looked outside to me.
Well, for me personally at the moment i was watching it was unclear, but i also gave unclear Lz edge to Safonova for example, and hers was also judged clear, so... My point is - as a judge if I call as unclear all the edges i see that way (which is the way i personally saw them) or not call any of them, in the very end the ranking between the skaters in this exact competition would be the same :biggrin:

Last edited:

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Well, for me personally at the moment i was watching it was unclear, but i also gave unclear Lz edge to Safonova for example, and hers was also judged clear, so... My point is - as a judge if I call as unclear all the edges i see that way (which is the way i personally saw them) or not call any of them, in the very end the ranking between skaters in this exact competition would be the same